Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

While I would love to see a more accurate bumblebee figure as well, the deluxe they made for the last movie was good enough.

I saw a picture of the new Bee and it's pretty much the same as the old Bee plus some slight mold changes to the head.

I'm wondering if we're going to get Premium style decos at any point.

wow, what a beauty Grimlock is, now i dont know which to choose, this or the Robotech Beta Fighter green when it comes out.... Economy not so great, we are supposed to save, yet prices on these are on the rize, why isnt this grimlock the same price that MP optimus or Starscream, it just makes it so much harder...

I understand what your feeling.....you can also attribute the rise of the yen to the dollar value to that. Hopefully the US economy as a whole will start to regain investors trust more in 2009. Back to topic, that grimlock sure looks good..

And that ROTF Optimus Prime looks great....

Sorry to say but...

That movie Prime is STILL a dissapointment. I mean - it looks nothing like the CG rendering and the comparisson pic just underscores that. It's like - if I put a blue beach ball on the left of the CG rendering and then a red beachball with blue highlights and flames on the right and said "hey now - that beachball on the right looks like Prime!" - it would be the same.

It's just so annoying.

The usual hope is that TROF Prime is mistransformed and looking at those arms he well could be - then again, I thought the same might hold true for 25th Cheetor...

So - maybe I shouldn't be complaining. With MP and Henkei, there's nothing for me to wine about.

Animated is also pretty good. TROF so far is shaping up to be just as weak a line as the original movie line.

Sigh...

Oh well.. I'm content.

Instead of TROF I'll just go Beast Wars II and Neo hunting some more...

Pete

Finally got myself a MP Seeker yesterday (Skywarp) and I think Im in love! Its not Yamato, but its an AMAZING toy. Transforms great, looks awesome in both modes, has decent posability.... so very very cool! totally love this toy!

MP Grimlock looks awesome! Can't wait to pick him up!

I found Cyclonus and the G1 universe legends Autobots.

Cyclonus is just....awesome! Ship mode has some problems with the legs not locking properly, but when you get to robot mode...... Wait, before I even get to that, I have to mention that the transformation is just too damn cool. Everything folds and locks together as you'd hope and expect, and my favorite part was when most of the jet nose surprisingly folds away neatly *inside* his back. When you're done, it's undeniably the G1 toon model you're looking at, from the front *or* from the back. That whitish gray that looks awful in online pics(probably because of the flash) isn't as much of a problem in person. That's what had me thinking of getting the Henkei, but now, I think I might pass on the Henkei version(chrome was the other factor). Cyclonus is what we were hoping Galvatron would be. And as if he wasn't cool enough, the added targetmaster is one solid little transformer too, and he doesn't have a simple fold-in-half transformation either. He has elbows too!

Unfortunately Cyclonus doesn't look as good next to Galvatron as I was hoping. Galvatron's a bit too small, which isn't the main problem. It's Galvatron's tiny head compared to Cyclonus's normal sized noggin that is. :( Titanium Scourge looks a little short next to Cyclonus, but at least the head sizes are comparable. The three together still look good, but I was just hoping it'd be better.

As for the Universe Legends Autobots. Brawn is great, Beachcomber is pretty good, and Bumblebee has a chubby head. What I really like about all three is that you'd think they would have a simple arms-fold-against-the-chest-sides and lower-legs-fold-onto-upper-legs transformation and that's it. They do have those steps, but on each of them there's a little bit extra you have to do before doing those steps which is a really nice thing to see on what's considered a simple Legends scale transformer. Bumblebee's easily the weakest of the three, and that's mainly because his head is oversized or rather much too wide for his body.

welp!

found the new TF-Uni's earlier tonite at the local Wally's. quite alot of 'em, too.

SSv2, Cheetor, Cyclonus, and Hound.

I bought Hound and, well, thought Cyclonus ain't too shabby so bought him, too. I skipped SSv2 since I already have the v1 and the new coloring wasn't much of motivation to get v2.

so, tada:

stuff008qz8.th.jpg

haven't had the chance to take either one out, yet, since I'm still watching the Fiesta Bowl. :lol:

late-add:

bot-modes:

stuffpj2.th.jpg

Edited by treatment

I got.... Animated Shockwave?

Actually impressed that they got a coherent quadchanger(albeit with a really stumpy crane). But.... Needs More Purple.

Must resist.... urge to mod...

Edited by JB0

Cheetors, Cheetors everywhere...

Cheetor isnt so bad.. Why is he such a shelf warmer :huh:

Gimlock is looking good.. He's one of the few I havent canceled..Yet.

**note to self**

I should:

1. Ask for a raise.

2. Get an extra job.

3. Cut down on my spending.

Edited by holytoledo69

Found Swindle/Blurr etc. Bought those two, but only because they're still only $7.77 at Wal-Mart. Blurr's instructions suck, they're missing an important step in that the TOP AND BOTTOM HALVES OF THE CAR SPLIT APART. His rear wheels are hollow, I forget the motive term for that.

Swindle's cool, but on the card he has awesome Decepticon bluish-purple clear parts, but the real thing is pink-red purple. Also, the clear purple plastic looks cool, but is godawful for transforming parts and joints--it should only be used for windows, light-piping, etc. It's incredibly hard and stiff.

Just saw some pics of Classics Hound here, and I was so wanting to get it, but now I'm not so sure. It bugs me that they went with the foldout fists leaving the forearm exposed on the inner side like the Seekers. Wish the hands would have popped out or slid out so the forearms aren't exposed on one side like that.

The Combaticons will go great with my Encore Metroplex. Given how interactive Metroplex is with the scramble city gestalts; this is indeed really good news. That and the Combaticons were always my favorite Gestalt team (second place for the Constructicons).

Encore is shaping up to be a dream come true. Kind of like TFC, but..er...encore :)

Pete

:ph34r:Combaticons re-issued in the Encore line???

AWESOME!!! I hope Takara reissues all the Gestalts

In addition, do you remember those old Kronoform Tranforming watches?

Looks like they are making them again with upgraded technology, but for 300 bucks???

Time Limit

Auto Ceptor

For 300 bucks they better transform themselves and kill on command

Hope they fixed up the mold. I've got Ruination, and he's not nearly as nice as my G2 Bruticus. Sigh---I don't really want to buy a THIRD copy of the mold, just to get the best colors... Maybe if he goes on clearance.

(thing is, G1 Bruticus is the best version by far, colors are great IMHO)