Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

they need to reissue devastator. maybe that one will hit around the same time as the new movie.

I'd love to see a reissue Devastator *with* gestalt pieces that allow for articulation. It could be done pretty easily, methinks.

Hope they fixed up the mold. I've got Ruination, and he's not nearly as nice as my G2 Bruticus. Sigh---I don't really want to buy a THIRD copy of the mold, just to get the best colors... Maybe if he goes on clearance.

(thing is, G1 Bruticus is the best version by far, colors are great IMHO)

I never picked up the Combaticons in any form. Other than the colors being different in later versions, was there a problem with the molds? I was hoping that they would make a newer, updated Bruticus with larger vehicles and more poseability someday. The Technobots/Computron had to be my favorite of the gestalts, especially the one that transformed into that futuristic cycle.

How many more gestalts were there in the Japanese tv shows that didn't make it to the US?

Sidearms, by the Urban Camo Ruination release, there were reports of ill-fitting parts and floppy combination.

As for JPexclusive combiners, you've got all the Micromaster combiners, Landcross, RoadCeaser, Dinoking (Monstructor repaint with new Pretender Shells), and Liokaiser.

I dunno...

I actually prefer it if they didn't mess with the releases too much.

Encore is not supposed to be a "let's retool this to make it cooler" line - it's supposed to be a nostalgia - look you can buy this after thirty years again line...

Things like giving Bumblebee a new head and tampoo printing are fine. But radical retooling of the mold isn't...

I am happy to be able to get these Transformers of my dreams in beautiful boxes and have them be just like what I played with when I was a kid :)

Pete

I sometimes want something like that to happen - but then I stop. I would prefer it if Encore systematically released everything from season 1, 2 and 3 before going into the exotic stuff...

Hopefully Stunticons will be next. They need more Decepticons to even things out, and the Stunticons were always my favorites.

or did I just say that about the Combaticons?

Pete

I never picked up the Combaticons in any form. Other than the colors being different in later versions, was there a problem with the molds?

There was always one problem that the chestplate would not stay on in the gestalt, or got in the way.

There was always one problem that the chestplate would not stay on in the gestalt, or got in the way.

Really? I had Car Robots Baldigus and this wasn't a problem with him. I also had the original Combaticons way back when and also not a problem.

Pete

Really? I had Car Robots Baldigus and this wasn't a problem with him. I also had the original Combaticons way back when and also not a problem.

Pete

I read a review a few months ago on the gestalts that sprang to mind.

I need some help. A long time ago, I bought a G1 Blaster on eBay, and the tape door wouldn't open. I've since taken it apart and got the buttons to work properly, but now the damn door won't stay closed unless I keep tapping it to get the locking arm to fall again. I'm thinking that another spring is missing from inside, but I don't know where it would/should go. If anyone has a fix, or has a fully working Blaster that they'd be willing to take apart and snap a photo of the inside, I'd really appreciate it.

I need some help. A long time ago, I bought a G1 Blaster on eBay, and the tape door wouldn't open. I've since taken it apart and got the buttons to work properly, but now the damn door won't stay closed unless I keep tapping it to get the locking arm to fall again. I'm thinking that another spring is missing from inside, but I don't know where it would/should go. If anyone has a fix, or has a fully working Blaster that they'd be willing to take apart and snap a photo of the inside, I'd really appreciate it.

I've been inside my brother's Blaster once before, and the mechanism is positively rotten... those flat springs bind up all the time and are really poorly designed. Someone's bound to have a good pic of the correct configuration here or on TFW tho if you ask around.

f'n what? is she/he for real? ARRAGHH, i checked out it's arse in that movie. >_< seriously, it's a chick right...

I don't know if it's just an image that she cultivates and that lends to her hot/cuteness or whether she really is this way - but Fox is not really that bright and has been known to say/do some stupid things.

I still remember the scenes from "making of" that were shown on Youtube before TF the movie came out, where they talked about Meghan Fox and Bay being at odds; because Bay basically could't make her understand simple things like "now scream" or "now run" or "now look right." Bay basically figured "hot chick to do simple action sequences" and was appalled at how she couldn't even grasp simple concepts. They showed a clip where Bay was just screaming at her and she just stood there like "huh? You want me to what?"

This whole "I'm a tranny" line fits into the "I'm an airhead" image that she has (don't know if it's real or not).

She might well be a total airhead - who knows? Has she had other roles in which she shined as an actress?

Honestly; she wasn't THAT bad in Transformers; and in many ways, it's not like the part gave her a lot of room for dramatic acting... but on the other hand niether did Shia's role - and yet he STILL managed to deliver a really brilliant brilliant performance that totally carried the movie in many ways (without Shia - the movie would have FAILED).

either that or she really is a transexual :) Which would be just totally awesome if it were true - because so many of us were completely fooled :)

Pete

Funny, because something about Shia really annoyed me, in that movie. I liked him Indiana Jones, but couldn't stand him in Transformers. In all fairness, I think it had to do with how the character was written, which means his acting was great. Personally, I preffered the army guys.

looks like i might not stop collecting yet. those cassette sets look cool, mp grimlock is cool, and i'd like to collect a few more of the upcoming universe/classics figures. what a great time to have no extra money.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy the box sets of the original Transformers show? I wasn't able to buy them when they originally came out since I was still in school (college) and didn't have the extra money. That's all changed now since I'm finally working and would love (need actually) to get my hands on these (loved watching this when I was little and the few times I could catch reruns or some episodes online. I was able to pick the animated movie up quite easily though but not sure if the series is still available.

Would love to get my hands on the Beast Wars and Beast Machines series as well.

Edited by Effect

The G1 series is pretty hard to get---it hasn't been re-released since the first box sets, and isn't planned to any time soon AFAIK. Honestly, if there's an ep you really wanna see, check youtube. (I've been watching a lot of eps that way lately)

Megan Fox has admitted to be a transexual and that she/he is ugly:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479806,00.html

At least she/he admits that she/he is a horriblt skank, and that she/he has a good taste in women, Salma Hayek is a superhottie.

So why don`t you come upstairs and see whats in the All Sparks.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

I was trying to get some info on what Jetfire is going to look like in the new movie since he's always been my favorite TF, and I found an auction on eBay that claims it's a Jetfire figure from the movie.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-movie-2-l...1QQcmdZViewItem

All, I have to say is ... NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That has got to be the worst Jetfire design ever!!! I figured they would at least make SOME attempt at paying homage to the G1 character from the cartoon in terms of body style with maybe his head like the Classics version with the helmet on, but this is just so WRONG!!!! Hell, I'll even settle for some kind of Armada/Energon/Universe incarnation, but this has to be the crappiest design that has come out from the movie yet! That head reminds me of the Maxx character with that large overbite! I truly was expecting alot more than this. I know they had taken lots of liberties with the TF designs in the first movie to make them look more like alien robots, but damn, even Prime still got to retain alot of what makes him Prime. THIS looks NOTHING like any version of Jetfire ever done and is truly a travesty. How could Hasbro pass this design?!?! UGH! I feel ill! Not looking forward to this movie at all now.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy the box sets of the original Transformers show? I wasn't able to buy them when they originally came out since I was still in school (college) and didn't have the extra money. That's all changed now since I'm finally working and would love (need actually) to get my hands on these (loved watching this when I was little and the few times I could catch reruns or some episodes online. I was able to pick the animated movie up quite easily though but not sure if the series is still available.

Would love to get my hands on the Beast Wars and Beast Machines series as well.

Rhino's Region 1 DVDs have long since gone out-of-print. Currently, the only DVD sets around for G1 right now is Metrodome (who have since lost the rights to make Transformers DVDs) in the UK (Region 2) and Madman in Australia (Region 4).

I have Madman's. Has all of Rhino's extras plus a few of their own (a single commentary track and interview with voice director Wally Burr, PDFs of scripts ect). Comes with a nice little 8-page comic set in 2001 which is (so far) the only American cartoon-continuity story to bridge 1986 to The Year 2005, some nice Matrix Artwork that is placed on top of the DVDs in the nice embossed metal tin, packaged in a mini reproduction of a G1 toy box.

Madman are currently the only publishers of Beast Wars DVDs, and fortunately, their versions are by far the best in terms of extras and visual quality. All three seasons have some form of commentary with Ben Yee, Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward. Season 3 has some of the voice actors, Mainframe animators and Simon Furman joining in. Scott McNeill comes to his interview dressed as Beast Wars Megatron :D

Edited by Fit For Natalie

All, I have to say is ... NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That has got to be the worst Jetfire design ever!!! I figured they would at least make SOME attempt at paying homage to the G1 character from the cartoon in terms of body style with maybe his head like the Classics version with the helmet on, but this is just so WRONG!!!! Hell, I'll even settle for some kind of Armada/Energon/Universe incarnation, but this has to be the crappiest design that has come out from the movie yet! That head reminds me of the Maxx character with that large overbite! I truly was expecting alot more than this. I know they had taken lots of liberties with the TF designs in the first movie to make them look more like alien robots, but damn, even Prime still got to retain alot of what makes him Prime. THIS looks NOTHING like any version of Jetfire ever done and is truly a travesty. How could Hasbro pass this design?!?! UGH! I feel ill! Not looking forward to this movie at all now.

I think what happened was they decided on a plane, and then decided on this particular design, and then went "shopping" for a name, and Hasbro said: "plane? combine with Prime? big jet? JETFIRE."

I'm also thinking that he will have a bit to do with the original insofar as he'll start out evil (he HAS to start out evil - look how eviiil he looks ;) ) and then become good and finally merge with Prime and beat the bad guys in the end.

No sense screaming "travesty" now. We have known the direction Bay and crew have been going with this movie for a while now - in fact - it was a done deal ever since the first one succeeded.

If the first movie had failed at the box office, we fans would be saying "see - I told ya! Should've done boxy G1 designs!" But given the phenomenal success of the first film - they are going to apply the same formulae in terms of design and concept for the second.

Don't like it? Buy Henkei, bu Encore, buy Animated, re-read your marvel comics, go watch the cartoon. The movie is what it is.

Frankly - what annoys me is not the design of the movie TFs - but the CRAPPY TOYS.

If ever there was an actually well done representation of the Movie TFs - I'd buy them. But the toys always cut corners.

Pete

I think what happened was they decided on a plane, and then decided on this particular design, and then went "shopping" for a name, and Hasbro said: "plane? combine with Prime? big jet? JETFIRE."

I'm also thinking that he will have a bit to do with the original insofar as he'll start out evil (he HAS to start out evil - look how eviiil he looks ;) ) and then become good and finally merge with Prime and beat the bad guys in the end.

He probably stays evil, given he has Decepticon box art.

Frankly - what annoys me is not the design of the movie TFs - but the CRAPPY TOYS.

If ever there was an actually well done representation of the Movie TFs - I'd buy them. But the toys always cut corners.

Well, most of the movie toys were designed before the CG models were finalized. That certainly didn't help anything.

Of course, they weren't very toy-friendly final designs.

I like some of the movie designs.

I think Wreckage is pretty sweet, actually. Looks more like Megatron than Megatron does, IMO(gut cannon aside).

Longarm's a neat toy, too, even if his gun IS screwed to his hand.

Ratchet was fun, too. Well, the G1 revision. The original is too green for my tastes.