Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

Yup! And they don't need to be complex, either.

Now, I'm wondering *why* the nose gear is so short---look how long the nose gear DOORS are. The bay has the be fairly long.

There is really little room in there. Unless they cheat like the model with removable.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011152/12.html

My main concern at this point is the legs in fighter mode---why are they way below the level of the wings and shield as seen from above? There's not merely a "gap", they seem to be half as high up as they should be. They should be well ABOVE the shield in fighter mode, just like a VF-19's legs/shoulders are. That ruins the look of fighter mode than any proportion issue IMHO. At this point I can't believe that the toy's been mis-transformed that much EVERY time. They're not even close to being in the right position.

i.e.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011152/04.html v.s. http://gamu-toys.info/gangu/pura/r3/mf01/DSC_4033.JPG

I think they leave the gap for the fast pack and armour packs. We don't know what they really plan for the model fast pack yet.

Another interesting aspect of DX v.s. model is the dorsal wings on the legs. The DX can completely hide the wings into the legs:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011152/18.html -> http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011152/19.html

But the model cannot. I am not sure which one is more accurate.

Bandai is really doing a great job on this valkyrie imo, and giving their financial background and quality assurance i'm sure they'll do a better job than yamato. Not that yamato ain't good, but Bandai just has more resources at their disposal to create better products.

I think they leave the gap for the fast pack and armour packs. We don't know what they really plan for the model fast pack yet.

Nearly every valk has had the legs bend/position the same way for FAST pack attachment. There's no need to "leave a big space above them" for the armor. The legs are "straight" in fighter mode and flush with where they should be, and to lower the legs to make room for armor you move the leg joint "1 click" at the thigh and "1 click" at the knee. If there's a huge gap with straight legs, something's wrong.

Bandai is really doing a great job on this valkyrie imo, and giving their financial background and quality assurance i'm sure they'll do a better job than yamato. Not that yamato ain't good, but Bandai just has more resources at their disposal to create better products.

Amen

That is why when it was announced that Bandai was designing and manufacturing the valk I was happy while all the others were whining that Yamato was not manufacturing it. Be grateful, My Yammie Yf-21 cant hold the fastbacks on the belly without scotch tape!!!! Some QC !

sorry , I think that will not pose a problem to put these images

dx vf-25f 1/60 bandai , release december

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this design! and it surprises me that Kawamori would not have thought of it. If this plane were to land on an air strip it would literally sheer the rear thrusters off each time it did so. Planes need to land on (correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm close enough) 30-40 Degree angles to catch the rear landing gears first and then it lowers its nose cone to have the front landing gears touch. This plane would either need to always take off and land in Valk mode or it must have vtol thrusters which I dont see any

just thought to mention

Amen

That is why when it was announced that Bandai was designing and manufacturing the valk I was happy while all the others were whining that Yamato was not manufacturing it. Be grateful, My Yammie Yf-21 cant hold the fastbacks on the belly without scotch tape!!!! Some QC !

That means you probably just haven't figured out how to attach them correctly. Once they are on properly, they ain't falling off.

Graham

Amen

i dont recall anybody complaining about the yf-21 fast packs mounting it.

but arent you that person who had a hard time of flushing in the yf-19's nose/canopy section?

Edited by Vegas

My main concern at this point is the legs in fighter mode---why are they way below the level of the wings and shield as seen from above? There's not merely a "gap", they seem to be half as high up as they should be. They should be well ABOVE the shield in fighter mode, just like a VF-19's legs/shoulders are. That ruins the look of fighter mode than any proportion issue IMHO. At this point I can't believe that the toy's been mis-transformed that much EVERY time. They're not even close to being in the right position. But I mean--why even have the large cut-outs around the shield and wings, if the legs don't go into them? So you can look down through the holes and see the legs?

That's another thing that's been bothering me as well. That VF-25 toy isn't very well integrated with all its parts.

I wish bandai sold the 1/72 as prepainted kits.

Would you buy a kit that was painted up if they charged more for it? (like the weathered valks that yamato is doing for 1/48)

yeah. but they're not, because they hate us.

Edited by anime52k8

Just wanted to bring this up again, do we know anything about stands for this thing? as anything been said as to weither this will come with it's own stand, work with the bandai action bases, or will we have to get our own stands?

speaking of masterpiece that list can be further extended to the alpha

The Masterpiece Alphas have the worst landing gear design of all time. Because of that massive flaw in design on the rear struts & wheels, I just leave Alpha in the box!!! :(

Edited by 505thAirborne

I've been wondering if they're purposely trying to make it as un-Yamato as possible.

I've been wondering if they just like to hear teeth gnash around these parts...

<_<

I think Bandai is "Mommy Deaf" from all the years of fans bitching about every little

detail (CoughZETAGUNDAMCough) on an item. It just gets old after a while, and becomes

background noise. Kind of like insects on a autumn day. They screech and rachet into

the sunset but the sun still sets and by all that is robotic I will buy this series of product

with all the armor and what not because it and the series it hails from is Effin' Schweet!

But not perfect...

^_^

Edited by Chindenathus

I sill won't buy this, hahahaha! Bandai made it for the chunky fans and I'm not one of them, to each his own, but I'm really interested about the quality of this kit for the people that will buy it, will Bandai's first venture into perfect transformation kit be riddled with QC like Yamato or will they show Yamato how it's done? hehehe...

hahaha, anything to help the prices go down! ^_^

I wonder how quality will be on it. The early run of toys of the Saint Cloth Myths had horrible quality control, so you had to be careful and inspect the toy through the split case window box, to make sure that there weren't any visible problems. From there you had to cross your fingers and hope that the armor would fit and didn't have any issues (and at first Bandai didn't have high QC standards on those toys).

If Macross Frontier merchandise is successful, they may come back and redo the VF-25 to look good. Much like when they made later versions of certain characters armor from Saint Seiya, they updated how the figures looked to make them look more like the particular characters.

I really don't see what the big deal is about the prototypes... I mean they look fine to me and they're still prototypes. Compared the the very first pics of the resin prototype sculpts we've seen this is a great improvement in all areas. They still got another month to go to finalize everything so for now ill keep my opinions to myself.

Wow... I hadn't seen the gear yet, and I thought you all were kidding. Seriously, over the summer I saw a $6 toy from Disneyland that had better landing gear than that. I'm guessing that Bandai has it's collective head so far up a Gundam's cockpit, they haven't actually seen a real aircraft before. <_<

Btw, takeoff/landing angles usually aren't quite that high... I think the F-18 generally lands with about 15 degrees angle of attack, and while I'm not sure about any military regulations, civilian FAA regulations require about a 15 degree rotation clearance to certify an aircraft to fly.

Edited by Chronocidal

I am surprised no one picked up on this yet. In this pick you can see a slider... I mentioned before that as this is a prototype that it may be able to extend more and it either was not or cant due to weight?! You can see in the pic it is perhaps not fully extended. Again this is assuming that the slider in the pic is for the torso I could be completely wrong :ph34r:

It still needs to loose the thunder thighs, paul bunyan feet (huge), a longer torso and like Graham says longer and better landing gear.

22.jpg

Edited by Spiff

yeah I gotta agree, not very seamless in it's execution, but it's a prototype which is the easy explanation.

Nuh-uh, prototype does not explain why the rear of the legs do not stick out well above the wings while in fighter mode. They should be sticking out above the height of the shield, similar to the YF-19's legs in fighter mode. There's a big gap where the legs should be sticking out. So now you look through this big gap and say "gee, that's where the legs should be but I've got a big gaping gap in fighter mode."

It's been like this on every prototype picture we've seen. It's not mistransformed or a prototype issue if it's been like that in all the pictures.

May I add that the model doesn't have this problem in fighter mode.

Unforunately Bandai is the only game in town for Macross Frontier toys and models. So if you want a good looking VF-25 you have to settle for the model kit, because the 1/60 just isn't cutting it at looking like a good representation of the VF-25. Originally I had wrote that you'd have to settle for "a model kit or partsformer" but then I remembered that the 1/100 has the same leg problem in fighter mode as the 1/60. Pretty sad. The toy team could learn a lot from the model team at Bandai.

Edited by Sumdumgai