Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Great! TV Max on the way! Guess it will be a April onwards release after DYRL 1S Max in March. HOpe TV Kakizaki on the card too! So many good things coming this year.

Look like DYRL 1S Max is going to hv blue heatshield afterall & not black.

Edited by Javabean

Might have to ask the boss for a raise. XD

Last week I had this subject with my boss

Yeah, I also talked to myself about this and I'm happy to report that I decided to give me a raise :)

As for TV Max - truth be told, the mold looks almost TOO GOOD for this color scheme, which just looks...kind of wrong on this design.

If anything, it just goes to underscore how that kind of color combo could work on the TV designs but not so much on the DYRL designs...

Although maybe what he's missing is a Zendradi coat...

I should be more excited - but this is my authentic first impression...

Pete

Nice TV Max.

Wow, Yamato is really cranking these out. That's 7 VF-1's, and counting, in less than one year so far. That's comparing to 13 discrete 1/48 color schemes (including the upcoming TV VF-1A Max) over 6.5 years!

Then again, Yamato cranked out 10 version 1 1/60 VF-1's in about 2 years back in 2001-2003.

C'mon TV Kakizaki 1A! Then I will no longer have to rely on my Toynami Superposeables for a complete Vermillion Squad.

Edited by emerson

The v2 1/60 VF-1 figures seem to be released in order of pilot. Roy's 1S first, followed by all the VFs piloted by Hikaru (1A, 1J, 1D, 1S except VT-1 Ostrich), then Max (1S, TV 1A).

If this release pattern is deliberate on Yamato's part and not just coincidental, then Max's 1J and DYRL 1A should be next in line.

Edited by IXTL

The v2 1/60 VF-1 figures seem to be released in order of pilot. Roy's 1S first, followed by all the VFs piloted by Hikaru (1A, 1J, 1D, 1S), then Max (1S, TV 1A).

If this release pattern is deliberate on Yamato's part and not just coincidental, then Max's 1J and DYRL 1A should be next in line.

Hey, great observation! If Yamato is being this thorough, and moving this fast, we're going to have quite a complete library of version 2 VF-1's crowding our shelves.

Roy's 1S is getting reissued yet again in Feb according to Hobbystock and Amiami. It just got reissued last Dec. That's fast. Maybe demand is high because people are buying duplicates to replace their broken ones. :D I jest.

The big question is: Is anything going to be done to make the shoulders on the 3rd release more break resistant?

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-ACF-00001390

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/94774

Edited by IXTL

Wow, this is real kick in the pants to all the 1/48 collectors willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a TV 1/48 Max. It's really nice to see how Yamato likes screw over it's fan base.

What's next? 1/48 (uber expensive and exclusive) TV Kaki and the a V.2 1/60 TV Kaki with a minimal price tag?

I'm still happy I have the 1/48 version on the way. Sturdier shoulders and a better neckline. But, I'll get the 1/60 as well.

People are still buying 1/48's?

That's so 2006.

Hell Yeah! The 1/48 will rise again!

1/48's, vinyl records and betamax for life :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

VF-1A Max TV ver..Lovely! A must get for me..wonders if yamato would do the VF-1A Kazakai ..guess it would an inevitable decision. This year is looking good for macross fans, would rather get this than the Bandai DX versions

And hopefully miniskirts too. laugh.gif

I never liked mini-skirts. Prefer more traditional knee length/a bit above the knee skirts.

As for the speed with which Yamato is issuing these VF-1S - it just kind of makes me wonder...what's next?

I mean - at this rate, they'll have done all of the basic characters and ...then what? Specialy paint schemes?

I really really hope Yamato uses its' license to the full potential and also releases dioramas and other fun things to complement the VF-1s.

Pete

I'm probably the only one who really wants a Variable Glaug..... Or maybe a VF-9?

Well, actually Kawamori did say he wanted someone to make a toy or kit of the VF-9. I say go for it.

You are not the only one! I want both of those too! PT in 1/60 scale by Yamato!

1/60 Yamato VF-1A MAX TV Ver.

Charger is the Perennial hero!

Nice. Now we need a green Q-rau so we can re-create the tv fight scene. Love the 1/60 just love it.

Word!!!

It seems that regardless of the economy Yamato is doing fine. Good for them and good for us.

I never liked mini-skirts. Prefer more traditional knee length/a bit above the knee skirts.

As for the speed with which Yamato is issuing these VF-1S - it just kind of makes me wonder...what's next?

I mean - at this rate, they'll have done all of the basic characters and ...then what? Specialy paint schemes?

I really really hope Yamato uses its' license to the full potential and also releases dioramas and other fun things to complement the VF-1s.

Pete

The ultimate and most complex paint scheme/tampo job would defintely have to be a Minmay Guard or Minmay Paris Moon Act.

I'm probably the only one who really wants a Variable Glaug..... Or maybe a VF-9?

Well, actually Kawamori did say he wanted someone to make a toy or kit of the VF-9. I say go for it.

Not so much the VF-9, but I would KILL for a Variable Glaug, ESPECIALLY if it could be converted into the UN Spacy version with the micronian cockpit. ^_^

Vostok 7

It seems that regardless of the economy Yamato is doing fine. Good for them and good for us.

And it seems that they've finally hit a VF-1 Cocktail that can successfully be mass produced. HOPEFULLY this means we will see a lot of non-canon schemes, which is what I'm most hopeful for! I mean, you can only milk the TV show and movie so long.

Vostok 7

1/60 Yamato VF-1A MAX TV Ver.

Looks like we're finally gonna get a Vermilion squadron without having to resort to customizing, lol. If TV Max 1A and DRYL 1A is coming, you already know that Kakizaki's TV 1A and DRYL isn't too far behind, unless they decide on making the M&M 1J's first.

If you weren't already sick of VF-1's, you WILL BE by the end of the year! :lol:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

They just said they've been busy.

Oh, and there is a huge amount of V2 1/60 VF-1 variations coming down the pipeline, including quite a few that were never made as 1/48.

Graham

any chance you can at least confirm or deny that something besides vf-1 repaints, destroids, and the vf-11 are coming to the 1/60 line?

Yamato is probably making all this fast announcement of upcoming releases to compete with Bandai...

in the time Bandai announces and releases a DX toy, Yamato has already releseased 3... and after they're done with all the VF...they will reissue them with all the fixes so you can replace all your broken VF's... brilliant!

Shouldnt the DYRL max canopy cover have a jolly rodgers?

If you look carefully at the Max1A in fighter mode in the pic showing the in flight side view, you can see that the blue circle near the left foot thruster is hand painted as it\'s kinda sloppy.

So basically, these are either hand painted Roy 1S\'s or Hikaru 1A\'s to Max\'s colors. Which means that these probably weren\'t in production at the time that these pictures were taken and still may not yet be in production.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron