Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I hope they hire more competent factory workers that can install cheap pins accurately as to not eventually dismember a $100+ toy.
Right, even the experienced competent factory workers can give a rats-ass when it comes to QC/QA. What Yamato needs to do is have their QC/QA thoroughly inspect the unit over and over until all QC/QA members are satisfied.

when i heard about new reported breakages on the v.2 1/60 Roy 1S, i checked out my Roy 1S shoulder hinges and found some tiny stress marks around the fat end of the pin. it's one of two related things - the plastic is too thin around the fat end of the pin or the fat end of the pin is too FAT. so i proceeded to dismantle my 1S and got the stressed shoulder hinge and soaked it in some gun oil (i guess any lubricant will do.... except 5eX lube :rolleyes:) hoping that it would make it easier to push the pin out. IT WORKED! (see pics)

now i will be sanding down the offending chunky part of that hinge pin... ^_^

post-8437-1231391117_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1231391138_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

when i heard about new reported breakages on the v.2 1/60 Roy 1S, i checked out my Roy 1S shoulder hinges

Wait, which VF-1S do you have, was it 1st run or 2nd run, and when did you receive the replacements?

it's one of two related things - the plastic is too thin around the fat end of the pin or the fat end of the pin is too FAT.

Or

3-Yamato should have made it out of more durable materials that could handle the fatness of the pin.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

1st run Roy 1S.

Well, Graham did confirm that Yamato did not change the material used for the hinges, and i doubt that they will. The cheapest solution for Yamato is to change the pin... only on the fat end of the pin is there a chance of cracking/breaking... the other "normal diameter" end of the pin seems to have no problem whatsoever notwithstanding what kind of plastic is used.

1st run Roy 1S.

When did you get the replacement hinges?

The cheapest solution for Yamato is to change the pin... only on the fat end of the pin is there a chance of cracking/breaking... the other "normal diameter" end of the pin seems to have no problem whatsoever notwithstanding what kind of plastic is used.

Yes but isn't the tension due to the fat end of the pin, the only thing keeping the pin in place?

the shoulder hinge is NOT a replacement, it's the one that came w/ my 1S... no crack, just tiny stress marks around the fat end of the pin.

i just finished sanding down the fat end of the pin and reinserted it back... it is still pretty tight, no worries whatsoever that the pin will slip out on its own, 0% chance... tested it by closing and opening the hinge continuously many times and i even cranked it... seems fine... even the slight bulge it had near where the stress mark was and the stress mark seems to have disappeared! :D

... i have put as much stress on it, pulling the two parts in different directions, as much as i possibly can w/o forcibly breaking it... and its still fine. :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

Hey G, did they explain why they'd been so quiet?

They just said they've been busy.

Oh, and there is a huge amount of V2 1/60 VF-1 variations coming down the pipeline, including quite a few that were never made as 1/48.

Graham

Oh, and there is a huge amount of V2 1/60 VF-1 variations coming down the pipeline, including quite a few that were never made as 1/48.

Graham

Awesome news! I hope we finally get TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki with redesigned heads!!!

The way yamato is going right now the Mac F movie might as well be called

"DO YOU REMEMBER REISSUE" OR "DO YOU REMEMBER WEATHERING"?

Also, for them to push more variants out and the fact that 1/48 are on sale all the time tells me that the company is getting shaky

Graham

Great to know you are back in business with them!

We can see one of the coming VF-1 releases that were not made into 1/48, are of course VF-1D & VF-1Max DYRL. Believe TV style VF-1 like Max & Kakizaki won't be far off.

Did Yamato mention any non-VF-1 new releases, like VF-0D ^_^ ?

Edited by Javabean

The way yamato is going right now the Mac F movie might as well be called

"DO YOU REMEMBER REISSUE" OR "DO YOU REMEMBER WEATHERING"?

Also, for them to push more variants out and the fact that 1/48 are on sale all the time tells me that the company is getting shaky

:lol: Farnee. ^_^

Re: "no breakages reported in Japan."

If you live in Japan and can walk into a store and buy replacement parts for Yamato figures, then why would you report a broken part? Bettter to just spend a little bit of money on the replacement and presto.

Re: Yamato talking to Graham again.

Good news.

Re: More viarants of the VF-1 down the line.

Please ask Yamato to start selling the VF-1s with stands. I would pay more but I would like to have the stands as well as the super strike parts. I'm lazy and don't want to bother buying seperate stands.

Anyways - I am not surprised they didn't chance the material the hinge is made out of.

Pete

Graham

Unfortunately, the only repaints you're going to see anytime soon is V2 VF-1's...and A LOT of them, trust me.

-Kyp

Needless to say, I'm not surprised, lol. :lol:

-Kyp

Give me:

VF-1D (confirmed!)

VF-1S DYRL Max (confirmed!)

VF-1A TV Max

VF-1A TV Kakizaki

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Milia

VF-1D Virgin Road

VT-1 Super Ostrich

VE-1 Elint Seeker

...and I'll officially be done with the VF-1 Valkyrie.

I'm never going to be done with the VF-1 as long as Yamato keeps coming out with improved molds. I enjoy watching them push the technology. I still have my old VE-1 1/60 v.1 ...in fact I'm looking at it now. Back in the day, I remember how awe inspired I was by its' detail, its' sleek design, its'... you get the picture.

Now - it's like - it looks ok, but put it next to the v.2 1/60 and the nose is stubby, the leg thrusters are just jutting out, the arms just have fingers sticking out the back, the trusters do not move, the packpack is one big flopperino... the pilots are stubbys...

Not to mention the transformation which isn't perfect - and I'm not just talking about the legs (most obvious) - but the heatshield (which to me, besides the leg T-bar was the biggest innovation on the 1/48s)...

Anyways - point is - I hope Yamato will keep lifting the bar and finally give us a totally QC problem free perfect VF-1.

How perfect?

Here's what I want in my VERSION 3 1/60 VF1:

1) FLIGHT CAPACITY.

I want it to be able to fly - as in radio controled flight. I want a radio controled flying VF-1 in the 1/60 scale that also has perfect transformation and...

CAN FLY IN GERWALK AND BATTROID modes as well.

Get to work Yamato.

The sky is the limit.

Pete

Give me:

VF-1D (confirmed!)

VF-1S DYRL Max (confirmed!)

VF-1A TV Max

VF-1A TV Kakizaki

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Milia

VF-1D Virgin Road

VT-1 Super Ostrich

VE-1 Elint Seeker

...and I'll officially be done with the VF-1 Valkyrie.

I dont see the VF-1D for pre-order over at HLJ. Does that mean its not scheduled to ship by February like I've heard?

Graham

This is cool. :-D We'll get that bluey black stealthy VF from tv series hopefully.

And without a doubt Max TV 1A! Hope it's next after Max 1S...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

thats an interesting idea actually; maybe they'll release by character. They did Roy, then Hikaru, now Max....if we get the Max 1J, 1A TV, 1A Movie and Virgin road in a row, that would be him covered. Kakizaki has...what 3? TV 1A, movie 1A and a movie 1S? Miriya only has her red 1J.

Actually, I suppose the Super O would be before Max if they were going that way, because Hikaru flew that too....