Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

@ Scream Man & Master of Puppets -

Yeah i always thought he had a 1S as well, eyes were playing tricks on me.

I like your take on order of releases, I won't be getting Max 1A now that i know his uber 1S is coming out before him! :p

The M&M's would be after the 1A TV / DYRL? i guess.

What about the Cannon Fodder Browny! I want one of them badly.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

this is the only 1A that's been done that i wan't... of course if they come out w/ a non-exclusive 1/60 Max TV 1A , i'd get that too ^_^

weathered 1/60 valks for regular folks like us would be great too. $300-500 for weathering a valk is something i would never pay for.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Re: "no breakages reported in Japan."

If you live in Japan and can walk into a store and buy replacement parts for Yamato figures, then why would you report a broken part? Bettter to just spend a little bit of money on the replacement and presto.

You're newer here and weren't around when Yamato kept in contact more with Graham, like when he used to have dinner with the higher ups and whatnot. Basically every time he asked about a breakage, like the Bp8 on the 1/48, or even the VF-0 arms, Yamato always responded "no reported breakages in Japan". There was also a slip that came in the 1/48 packaging that warned people about BP8. Then the website update on their site about how to correctly bend the fuselage area of the 1/60 YF-19, and a video showing how to correctly dislodge the hip bar from the nose cone on the v2 1/60 when transforming back to fighter mode.

thats an interesting idea actually; maybe they'll release by character. They did Roy, then Hikaru, now Max....if we get the Max 1J, 1A TV, 1A Movie and Virgin road in a row, that would be him covered. Kakizaki has...what 3? TV 1A, movie 1A and a movie 1S? Miriya only has her red 1J.

Good because Max's TV VF-1A is his most combat relevant TV valkyrie. Which one did he fly when he first fought and eventually defeated Milia? 1A. Saved Kakizaki, Misa, & Hikaru while cosplaying as a Zentraedi? 1A. Shocked and awed the rest of vermillion team during his first missions? 1A. Yes his 1J is more flashy, it is obvious that Yamato and Bandai both are guilty of choosing flash over combat relevance. Yet Yamato is catching on, they knew people wanted his 1A, and they tested the waters with their limited 1/48 release.

Oh, and there is a huge amount of V2 1/60 VF-1 variations coming down the pipeline, including quite a few that were never made as 1/48.

Hoping we get a NAVY based low viz deco VF-1D.

i just finished sanding down the fat end of the pin and reinserted it back... it is still pretty tight, no worries whatsoever that the pin will slip out on its own, 0% chance... tested it by closing and opening the hinge continuously many times and i even cranked it... seems fine... even the slight bulge it had near where the stress mark was and the stress mark seems to have disappeared! biggrin.gif

... i have put as much stress on it, pulling the two parts in different directions, as much as i possibly can w/o forcibly breaking it... and its still fine.

This sounds promising pare keep us updated.

Max's 1J is special as it's also part of the Gaming parlour showdown VF-1J Max vs VF-1J Milia, even though those colours were translucent, that's as close as we are going to get i think lol. Classic episode! I'm looking forward to collecting both v.2 M&Ms. Battroid mode for the win!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This sounds promising pare keep us updated.

so far i've done 4 hinges and posed and transformed (i tried to be as rough as i can)... no signs of cracking and no more stress marks.

"pare"... you're "pinoy"? if so "walang anuman" (translation - you're welcome.) ^_^

Hindi mo alam? Hehe. Talagang gusto ko ng v2 1/60 VF-1, hindi dapat na sira ng hinge, pero ng fix/modification mo nag calm ng worries ko for now.

:lol: na-skip kita siguro dun sa Pinoy MWers thread ^_^ ... back to english baka magalit mods...

now i also have no more worries getting more of these v.2 VF-1's and according to Graham, Yamato will be flooding us w/ lots of them. Good times indeed for Macross Fans! :)

now i also have no more worries getting more of these v.2 VF-1's and according to Graham, Yamato will be flooding us w/ lots of them. Good times indeed for Macross Fans!

With the Frontier movie, I think Bandai AND Yamato will be flooding shelves with Macross toys and products, the likes of which we have never seen before. Movies change everything when it comes to toys. It gives toy companies confidence to make obscure designs due to brand recognition being higher, which leads to higher sales compared to non-movie years. What we have seen in recent years(aside from the Frontier stuff) has been relatively dry compared to what we will see during the time the movie is released.

Come on TV Max VF-1A! The TV Max VF-1A, Hikaru 1J, VF-1D, and maybe GPS-1 armor are the must-haves for me. Low viz VF-1D also.

Yeah i'd get a weathered Roy VF-1S v.2 1/60 for sure. I've got 1 1/48 Roy and don't plan on getting a v.2 Roy otherwise.

Our man Graham said there won't be a weathered releases, rather more variants of the VF-1s.

Get the ver 2 Roy man! You won't regret it :D

Besides the TV Max & Kakizaki, i wish for TV Roy or Hikky 1S with the TV style FPs.

@ Scream Man & Master of Puppets -

I want a more accurate DYRL Cannon Fodder which i notice to hv some different paint markings & FP logo fm TV version.

Edited by Javabean

Shin & m0n5t3r! Kamusta! Didn't know both of you are also pinoys :blink:

And thanks for the tip m0n5t3r. I love the new 1/60 but I haven't touched it since the left shoulder broke. The right one is showing some stress marks now.

better fix it before it gets worse...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Mate, get yourself a TV coloured Super FP pack!!! *_* you can get them standalone you know? :-P

I'm getting mine sent with my Hikky 1S with Strike and an extra Strike pack for dual Strike. :p

I did use the TV FP fm my 1J Hikky set to fix on the 1S. Look great but pilot is still a Roy DYRL version.

Shin & m0n5t3r! Kamusta! Didn't know both of you are also pinoys blink.gif

And thanks for the tip m0n5t3r. I love the new 1/60 but I haven't touched it since the left shoulder broke. The right one is showing some stress marks now.

Kumusta! Hindi ko alam pinoy pala den ikaw!

m0n5t3r, when you put the pins back into the hinge, did you just use your fingers or did you have to use a hammer and nail?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Never understood the popularity of the TV Max VF-1A, I think it is a really bland looking scheme.

But don't worry, Yamato loves you, Yeah!

Graham

It's combat relevance. Same reason model kit builders prefer to build kits of planes that are "MIG-killers" or have deco relevant to the time of war/shootdown/bombing, even if it is low drab, boring, low viz, grey, visually unappealing. Modelers don't build Duke Cunninhingham's Showtime 100 F-4J because it is high viz, they build it because that is the plane he flew when he became an ace. Look at it this way, yes a high viz version of Shin's F-14B Kai from Macross Zero would look nice, but modelers would prefer to build the low viz F-14B Kai he used when he shot down some Fulcrums right before Nora shot him down. Same reason people want his VF-0D more than his 0A, his 0D was used in more memorable/combat relevant parts of the series.

Anyways I'm glad Yamato shares the love of TV flavored valks.

i reinserted the pins by pushing it vertically straight down against the middle of my precision longnose pliers but i guess any hard object will do.

Merong kang pics?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

my hikky 1J pilot is in my 1S (together w/ the TV FPs) since you don't really need a pilot figure when the valk is in battroid mode... and my 1/60 1J will stay in battroid for the time being waiting for his GBP armor. :D

Yeah, my sentiments exactly, will do just that. I seem to like the TV FP colours better than DYRL version.

I wonder Yamato will just release the GBP parts by itself (like the 1/48) or will it come together with another 1J?

naibalik ko na sa Valk yung hinges. the only pics i have are the ones with the pin halfway out a few pages back. they still look the same when reinserted. but i made sure to sand it to at least the same diameter (if not less) as the rest of the smooth section of the pin. i'll try to take pics when i do the hinges for my 1J, my hands are a little sore pa coz it's a bit hard to push out the pin and be careful not to break it at the same time.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I wonder Yamato will just release the GBP parts by itself (like the 1/48) or will it come together with another 1J?

Most likely both, as they have been doing with every 1/60 release so far.

naibalik ko na sa Valk yung hinges. the only pics i have are the ones with the pin halfway out. they still look the same when reinserted. but i made sure to sand it to at least the same diameter (if not less) as the rest of the smooth section of the pin. i'll try to take pics when i do the hinges for my 1J, my hands are a little sore pa coz it's a bit hard to push out the pin and be careful not to break it at the same time.

Look forward to seeing the pics!

I also have VF-1J its okay for now but dunno if I should apply this fix as well

Baka ng 1S 1st run ng only valk kailangan ng fix.

Never understood the popularity of the TV Max VF-1A, I think it is a really bland looking scheme.

But don't worry, Yamato loves you, Yeah!

Graham

I just love the simplicity or "bland" looking valk ! :lol:

Any chance we are getting the full Vermilion squad?

I think we can. Hell Yamato made Kakizaki's DYRL 1A once, and this guy... THIS guy isn't combat relevant so much as he is goofball relevant! Kakizakis 1A in DYRL was barely even shown in the movie! Just 2 scenes. His TV 1A is shown in much more, he has the distinction of being:

1-COMPLETELY OWNED BY BRITAI. THAT SCENE RULED!

2-Trying to be a hero but having Hikaru save him in the process

3-Flying in his 1A away from his steak, on to his destiny...

4-engulfed by the heat of a reactor explosion on SDF-1.

I'll get TV Kakizaki for sure!!! :D All we need is a RAH Breetai to go up against Max, Hikaru and Kaki. :p

And the only thing left for us to do, is to buy some other TV VF-1 release (maybe some custom scheme or canon fodder) and paint the TV pilot fig into Roy's TV uniform, and insert him into our DYRL VF-1S Roy Valk!!! (and of course, put the DYRL VF-1S roy pilot somewhere else, and if ur really hardworking, paint the battroid head arrows to black :p)

We are all moving closer to our dreams of owning all TV valks!

Edited by honkhet

I think we can. Hell Yamato made Kakizaki's DYRL 1A once, and this guy... THIS guy isn't combat relevant so much as he is goofball relevant! Kakizakis 1A in DYRL was barely even shown in the movie! Just 2 scenes. His TV 1A is shown in much more, he has the distinction of being:

1-COMPLETELY OWNED BY BRITAI. THAT SCENE RULED!

2-Trying to be a hero but having Hikaru save him in the process

3-Flying in his 1A away from his steak, on to his destiny...

4-engulfed by the heat of a reactor explosion on SDF-1.

SDK, i fully agree with you!

Man, Kakizaki and even Roy really did not deserve the DYRL treatment they got...

And who knows what treatment Mikhail, Luca, Ozma and will get in the upcoming frontier movie version...

the shoulder hinge is NOT a replacement, it's the one that came w/ my 1S... no crack, just tiny stress marks around the fat end of the pin.

i just finished sanding down the fat end of the pin and reinserted it back... it is still pretty tight, no worries whatsoever that the pin will slip out on its own, 0% chance... tested it by closing and opening the hinge continuously many times and i even cranked it... seems fine... even the slight bulge it had near where the stress mark was and the stress mark seems to have disappeared! :D

... i have put as much stress on it, pulling the two parts in different directions, as much as i possibly can w/o forcibly breaking it... and its still fine. :)

How'd you sand the pin? metal file or sandpaper only? salamat ;)

I guess I'd better check my 1st run Roy 1S as well.