Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Definitely looks different, the shoulder hinge looks like it is molded in a completely different shade of white than the majority of the other parts, unlike on the 1S where the hinge is the exact same color as all of the other white parts.

got my 1J a couple of days ago but only inspected it... got it from hk and haven't had time to play w/ it. (btw, OT, but i gotta say, i think every macross or toy collector in general should get the chance to go toy hunting/shopping in hk, it's absolutely awesome... very tiring, but awesome! the savings alone will cover part if not the whole cost of your plane ticket, and you get to visit a very cool place for tourists.)

...i removed the head and saw that the spur end of the shoulder hinge pin is on the same side for both shoulders (not sure about the 1A coz i don't have it). if the breakages are isolated for the focker 1S i think its because of the previously mentioned incorrectly inserted hinge pin... maybe the first batch of hinges that Yamato got were defective but got installed on the 1S just the same (BAD Yamato!)... if that's the case, then it is a QC thing. i agree that the design is weaker than the 1/48's but it should be stable enough provided the hinge pin is correctly inserted. will transform later to confirm but i think in battroid the spur end should be on the bottom.

Edited by m0n5t3r

.......... f no! The VF-1J and separate TV parts is in stock (hlj.com)!!! 0_0 shiiiit, i'm gonna have to win the lottery.

January it was set to, guess i'll get both 1/60's this month! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Practicality was never on my mind. I just like the look. I'd imagine in space anything could be stealth if they took all those flight lights off them. Also if they actually used those strike parts in the atmosphere, judging by the way the jet was designed, theyd probably break up in the atmosphere, but that just ruins the fun of it!

RuskiiVFaussie - you enjoy that valk as much as I've enjoyed my VF-1S! Also hope that them arms won't fall apart on you - but seeing as the 1A and 1J I have dont seem to have that problem, you're prolly on easy street! and oh what a street it is! ^_^

Yeah mate i can't wait!

:edit: i cancelled the 1J but will still get the TV Super/FP pack. For the sake of my marriage almost! lol.

I reckon the Hikky 1J will come in a GBP-1S bundle as well anyways.... thanks to the 1/48 try out not long ago.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I know MW loves the one thread thing a toy and as a mod I should enforce it... but man... I hate looking at a 50 page thread and finding out that there's a new toy announcement. I like seeing a new thread heading and thinking... WTF!!! 1/60 Hikaru VF-1S is coming out soon??? the news at the end of this thread is kinda lackluster.

so anyway...

WTF!!! 1/60 Hikaru VF-1S is coming out soon???

woohoo!!

where's my 1D?

if the breakages are isolated for the focker 1S i think its because of the previously mentioned incorrectly inserted hinge pin... maybe the first batch of hinges that Yamato got were defective but got installed on the 1S just the same (BAD Yamato!)... if that's the case, then it is a QC thing.

We are trying to determine that, however even owners who had the spur edge down had breakages too.

I know MW loves the one thread thing a toy and as a mod I should enforce it... but man... I hate looking at a 50 page thread and finding out that there's a new toy announcement. I like seeing a new thread heading and thinking... WTF!!! 1/60 Hikaru VF-1S is coming out soon??? the news at the end of this thread is kinda lackluster.

so anyway...

WTF!!! 1/60 Hikaru VF-1S is coming out soon???

woohoo!!

where's my 1D?

Maybe 2 threads, and 2 only? We should have a scoop thread pinned? And general discussion about uhh, general discussion? :ph34r:

With the Scoop thread pinned, people that have reliable info should and only post to reveal the scoop and links and everyone

else that needs to ask something about the current scoop can copy quote and place it in the general thread. makes sense to me...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

We are trying to determine that, however even owners who had the spur edge down had breakages too.

well, i just transformed it and it certainly looks like the hinge is the same except for the color... but looking at the hinge and looking at how the pin is inserted (not like on my 1S where the spur end has some seam lines on the plastic as if the pin was forced), at least for me, it seems that its sturdier on the 1J. i know it just maybe psychological on my part but it really does seem fixed... i know only Yamato can really answer this but i doubt they will admit that they screwed up with the first batch of 1S's. looking at my 1J, my 1S will stay in battroid forever w/ shoulders intact, coz it seems to me that the breakage occurs when being transformed back to fighter, i think while tucking it in under the swing bar, coz i think if the pin was indeed inserted incorrectly the stress it takes when the two pieces of plastic are pressed together is what's breaking it. just my opinion...

the 1J looks great... i think i'm going to put on it's FPs now... :)

BTW, i did loosen the shoulders coz they're on pretty tight!

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yamato should admit to the f-up as that would incite trust and releif for the future releases and stop all the what ifs.

Not like they haven't f'd up before, so why all the ninja. And they suck more coz they won't talk to Graham!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Maybe 2 threads, and 2 only? We should have a scoop thread pinned? And general discussion about uhh, general discussion? :ph34r:

With the Scoop thread pinned, people that have reliable info should and only post to reveal the scoop and links and everyone

else that needs to ask something about the current scoop can copy quote and place it in the general thread. makes sense to me...

great... then we'll have a thread dedicated to where ALL the new stuff. And we'd all have to dig thru that thread.

How hard is it for people to check a thread once a week? :p It's not meant to be spammed, just for the occasional release scoop.

Not like we get a release every fricken week lol, perish the thought we'd all be broke! ;0

I check the early bird section of hlj.com every day, twice sometimes to make sure i don't miss out on something important.

I only found out about the Hikky 1s v.2 by looking at the Macross quick search to check for listed sales/discounts and noticed Hikky being there.

That's why i was ticked off that there wasn't an early bird for the 1S Hik as that's my sure fire way of knowing it's on it's way.

I almost missed out on the Sheryl limited, of course the forum being down didn't help, and now i'll be checking Overdrive

more regulary now as well. It's fun to keep yourself up-to-date, and a specially asigned thread might be the ticket for you and me

to cruise instead of checking back on 1000 smacker topic (but rarely has more than two pages needing a visit).

Just a thought. Give it a try.................. anyone else that can best the idea go for it. *snort!*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

How hard is it for people to check a thread once a week? :p It's not meant to be spammed, just for the occasional release scoop.

Not like we get a release every fricken week lol, perish the thought we'd all be broke! ;0

I check the early bird section of hlj.com every day, twice sometimes to make sure i don't miss out on something important.

I only found out about the Hikky 1s v.2 by looking at the Macross quick search to check for listed sales/discounts and noticed Hikky being there.

That's why i was ticked off that there wasn't an early bird for the 1S Hik as that's my sure fire way of knowing it's on it's way.

I almost missed out on the Sheryl limited, of course the forum being down didn't help, and now i'll be checking Overdrive

more regulary now as well. It's fun to keep yourself up-to-date, and a specially asigned thread might be the ticket for you and me

to cruise instead of checking back on 1000 smacker topic (but rarely has more than two pages needing a visit).

Just a thought. Give it a try.................. anyone else that can best the idea go for it. *snort!*

I know this is back to some news not related to new toys - but FYI, the early bird for the Hikaru 1S just came up at HLJ - cancel and reorder! I just did mine! mwahaha

Yeah so about the new 1/60.....

I hope we get confirmation soon on whether or not the 1A and recent 1J release has fixed shoulder hinges. If not, one cheap pin that does not even cost a dollar can eventually take down your $100+ toy.

The problem is, with Graham no longer being on Yamato's speed dial, who could deliver that sort of message? Our best hope is to have someone who attends shows in Japan ask a Yamato rep and the folks at shows often aren't reliable sources of info.

See... even Graham can't follow the news... these dedicated threads for Macross Toys are kinda ridiculous...

I don't think the stand alone has been released, just the FP ones. Are they even going to package a VF by itself? Did they do that for the original 1/60s?

Supposingly Dec 2:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1213

By the way, the plain VF-1S Hikaru is coming out in Jan. But I am getting the SSP version most probably.

Haven't been following the news. Has a non-FP Hikaru VF-1J been released yet? If not anybody know when is the release date?

Graham

Edited by ff95gj

Hey guys

Sorry... my question sort of got lost through all the excitement. I just ordered a VF-1J and VF-1S with Super Parts from HLJ and due for shipping presumably sometimes this week. Should I be really worried about the Vf-1s quality???

Perhaps a rhetoric question but...

Thanks!

G

Edited by GianS

Hey guys

Sorry... my question sort of got lost through all the excitement. I just ordered a VF-1J and VF-1S with Super Parts from HLJ and due for shipping presumably sometimes this week. Should I be really worried about the Vf-1s quality???

Thanks!

G

Negative! Go for it!

As for reply to Graham - HLJ has the pure VF-1J in stock as of today, super parts also available separately. I feel like a salesman!

there's enough people having issues with the 1S, why bother with it when the hikaru 1S will be out soon? And besides, the inevitable re-issue will resolve the issue as well.

Indeed! I think there was mention of the Roy VF-1S being rereleased later this month (HLJ may already have them, but not sure). But I may be wrong

Hey guys

Thanks!

G

Not sure if I can of help but I have the first batch of strike Focker 1S and I've transformed it dozens of times and so far, no shoulder problems for me. I have to admit though, the shoulder joints are pretty tight on mine so I've always been extra careful in handling the slightly flexible swinging hinges - the ones of which people are reporting breakages. Other than that, I have to say it's the best Yamato valk toy I have - pretty solid especially compared to the looseness and floppiness of my 1/48 1J and 1S. You can grip the darn thing upside down with fully equipped FAST packs!

No problems here either with my Super/strike Roy 1S. I've asked before and didn't get an answer, but what pin is everyone refering to that is inserted the wrong way and causing the breakages?

Now, my 1J is also perfect but I am having a problem transforing this thing it is SOOOOO tight. I'm having a really hard time getting the chest peice to move , I've actually had to take the nose on and off to get this thing transformed. Admitidly, I don't really mind casuse I'd rather it be too tight than too loose.

Chris

No problems here either with my Super/strike Roy 1S. I've asked before and didn't get an answer, but what pin is everyone refering to that is inserted the wrong way and causing the breakages?

The pins inserted into the shoulder hinges. Mine has the pins going in opposite directions, the left shoulder has a pin with the burr side facing up, this shoulder hinge has a crack. Typically, if you have them both facing down apparently you are okay but I did some digging and even fellow members who had the burr side down on both shouders still had breakages. All reports are isolated to the 1S.

I went ahead and ordered it. I wouldn't configure them all the time anyway and is more used for display. I will also be extra careful.

Just another question: in the event that the shoulder breakage occurs, it doesn't render it completely usesless configuration wise does it?

Thanks,

G

The pins inserted into the shoulder hinges. Mine has the pins going in opposite directions, the left shoulder has a pin with the burr side facing up, this shoulder hinge has a crack. Typically, if you have them both facing down apparently you are okay but I did some digging and even fellow members who had the burr side down on both shouders still had breakages. All reports are isolated to the 1S.

I think the best way is to ask yamato to change the metal pin to a thinner one,so the pastic will be thicker enough to hold it.my 1A left shoulder crack and the burr side are facing up. But so far no problem for my 1S roy.

May be hard to describe, but I think the issue is more the size of the area the pin ends are stuck into. Here, I'll just sketch a bad pic.

"A" is how it is, "B" is how I think it'd be better. Frankly--the hinge isn't "even" at all---90% of the plastic is on one side (and the center of the pin), 10% is on the other side (the pin ends)--and the pin is breaking the ends.

Shoulderhinge.gif

May be hard to describe, but I think the issue is more the size of the area the pin ends are stuck into. Here, I'll just sketch a bad pic.

"A" is how it is, "B" is how I think it'd be better. Frankly--the hinge isn't "even" at all---90% of the plastic is on one side (and the center of the pin), 10% is on the other side (the pin ends)--and the pin is breaking the ends.

Shoulderhinge.gif

Couldn't agree more!!!!

This is the best solution.

So could we as fans be able to fix it ourselves? (can't see pic but sounds promising) Could we dissasemble the shoulders and place in there another Pin if yamato are so dumbfounded by it... G man should just send a letter or e-mail titled Important news on how to stop v.2 1/60 breakages!!!

Someone has to get in touch with them, our jap bros are too busy fondling the idea of castor wheeled VF-25's.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This is what I did, I got some thin tin (.008) and made a brace for the inside of the hinge. I cut slit into the side of the wall so that the metal brace was physically braced against something and glued it in place. I used a nail to punch a hole for the pin and now the metal takes the stress instead of the plastic.

post-19-1228349637_thumb.jpg