Transformers Super Thread 7

Yep that is the leader sized Bulkhead.

Does any one mind taking a photo of it side by side with Bumblebee please? I saw the Voyager class one and wanted to get it along Bumblebee but I have read all reviews saying that leader class is true to actual scale.

Edited by RichterX

I caught an Animated BumbleBee yesterday, I am really digging the figure, there is something about the cartoonish appearance of the figure that I really like. I probably will be grabbing others as the opportunity present, when I went to check out the store on sunday they had ratchet, blackarachnia, lockdown, cybertron mode optimus, Starscream, cybertron mode Megatron and Bulkhead when I went again on Monday they had Ratchet, Blackareachnia, Lockdown, Bulkhead and the one Bumbleebee which i grabbed. Interesting thing the Autobot insignia in it's chest is misprinted and it is silver instead of the red with white background.
I believe the silver and gold Autobot and Decepticon logos are normal, based on the Movie's decos, I suspect.

@Len_d69 : follow up question: is that Leader class Optimus Prime as well?

Nope that is Voyager Prime. There is no leader Optimus...yet and I dont think we need one. There is that SUPREME one with all of the sounds and what not but he is too big.

Check out the feedback section on the tfw2005.com boards as there are tons of comparison and reviews there.

Nope that is Voyager Prime. There is no leader Optimus...yet and I dont think we need one. There is that SUPREME one with all of the sounds and what not but he is too big.

Check out the feedback section on the tfw2005.com boards as there are tons of comparison and reviews there.

Yup Prime is a voyager while Bulkhead is leader class. As for the autobot signs they're DIY :)

Poor QC with the TF: Animated figures??? Whoa, this is very disappointing ....

:huh:

Yeah, seeing the news on the allspark really caught me by surprise. They look like excellent engineered figures otherwise. Don't know if the kids will care as much as the collector's do.

:( I've been to Target this week, plus Wal-Mart three days in a row. No Animated toys yet.

Target hasn't started putting the Animated toys out yet, only certain WalMarts and TRU's. I would guess Target will put them out soon since the other stores are. Unless WalMart and TRU have some sort of agreement with Hasbro.

In my experience, Target is the biggest "stickler" for street dates. Hasbro could take out full-page ads in every major newspaper saying its OK to sell animated toys, and Target would still keep them locked up until the 22nd.

Has there been any word when Target, TRU and other stores besides WalMart are supposed to be carrying the Animated figures?

6/22. Check the endcaps and the endcaps near the bike racks at walmart, some of the displays are obscured by the rack.

I've been reading about a LOT of QC issues with the Animated Figures on sites like Seibertron and the Allspark.

Those of you who have them already, are you experiencing this?

My Ratchet has dents in the face, and I have a few minor paint oversprays but the biggest thing was a broken knee joint for Megatron from the Battle Begins 2 pack. Great figure, but I need to exchange it, its a shame too, since that kind of breakage shouldn't be happening. This is the first Transformer I have bought in years that has been broken right out of the box. The thing is, I don't even think its possible to see the breakage by looking in the package, since it was obscured by a shinguard.

So far I highly recommend voyager Bulkhead, Lugnut(both of these figures were huge surprises for me), Grimlock(blows away the Classics version),Cybertron Prime(great poseability, much better figure than I expected), the Battle Begins pack(now this is how a 2 pack should be done, and it also has a G1 Prime in Animated style that is one hell of a retool.

Sure many of the other figures are great but see the thing is I knew they'd be, with the ones I listed, I listed the ones that surprised me most.

Starscream takes influence from Bandai's 1/65 DX Macross 7 Fire valkyrie toy(note how close the LERX is to the nose, and the cockpit as well as the placement of the shield in fighter mode), and takatoku's 1/55 Macross VF-1(transformation). Most Macross fans will probably enjoy Starscream.

Cybertronian Megatron's range of movement is excellent, and there is ratchets all over the place. The only bad things about the Cybertronian Megatrons are the alt modes.

Overall this line is great so far, and surprising. Engineering and playability wise, its already doing many things better than the movie line did.

In my experience, Target is the biggest "stickler" for street dates. Hasbro could take out full-page ads in every major newspaper saying its OK to sell animated toys, and Target would still keep them locked up until the 22nd.

Generally speaking, yes. However when Classics was first coming out some Targets put them out early. There were also a lot of people who were able to get employees to go into the back and open cases before the street date. Oftentimes the employee would then just put whatever was left on the shelf.

I have my fingers crossed to find some at TRU since I really would prefer not to enter any WalMarts.

Additional notes for Grimlock. The paint on his chest piece being behind the plastic as opposed to the front is a nice touch. The flames on his sword are activated by flicking Grimlock's wrist on the right hand. His hip joints are hindered by the waist piece, unfortunately. He he has great range of motion on his knees. Sculpt is way more imposing than Classics Grimlock.

Lugnut's gimmick is awesome. You attach his staff to his hand, then tap the bottom of it onto a hard surface to turn it into a mace or staff with edged ending, whatever the hell you call it. Surprisingly enough, Lugnut has less no kibble in alt mode, unlike the movie and animated Starscream toys, which as fighters should be sleek. Come to think of it, even from underneath, Lugnut's alt mode has no obvious giveaways showing that it transform.

Transformations are straigthforward and pleasant, you won't be finding anything reminscent of the complex RID car brothers here. What you will find, are brilliant ways to achieve transformation. Another thing about this line is that some figures that you might not think much of actually turn out to be excellent.

The animated style works well with these figures, and the articulation is impressive. Kudos to Hasbro for even pulling this off. It makes me wonder how they would make figures from Justice League...if they had the license. Already they are showing that they have Mattel beat with regards to engineering an animated design into a fully articulated toy.

Did a Wally World raid today with my little brother... he found the only Lugnut there, and grabbed Lockdown and BB... I grabbed Ratchet and Starscream. These are some of the nicest TF toys we've seen in a looooong time.

after week with my figures, theyre not bad...though I think some things could of been improved. Like the 2 pack megs has a better sculpt and paint application and fusion cannon than the voyager version by far.

Starscream is way cool but the ratchets of the hips are so fin tight that his legs pop out.

Bumblebee i think is the hugest let down fter suck a fantastic movie toy...he has the least amount of motion and poseability of all the TFA toys so far.

My MalWart only had Ratchet and Blackarachnia.

My Toys R Us had piles of stuff.

I grabbed Starscream.

Starscream is way cool but the ratchets of the hips are so fin tight that his legs pop out.

Yah. He's got a few breakaways that are entirely too loose. The back fins on mine pop off quite readily too(and given the VF-19 cues in the design, I was disappointed to see them fold into back fins instead of popping out to become a shield).

On top of that, getting his arms in place for the transformation back to jetplane is a bit fidgety.

Which is fairly embarassing, given there's no attempt at concealing the limbs to justify the fidget(he'd look a lot nicer from the jet's side if the shoulder pads faced out instead of in).

But it's okay, because he's Starscream. And Starscream shall always reign supreme.

Ah, yeah... I have a loose thumb. But it's not really consistent.

The snap-out "laser guns" were hard to open the first time(and undocumented!). WAs one of those things.... I was sure the missile launchers would slide forward, but not entirely sure why. Then the guns snapped out, and I was "cool!". Then I realized there was no detail, and they were just dangly plastic prongs, and I was like "this is lame." Then I slid the missile launchers back into place and closed everything up.

And then the right thumb fell out.

My MalWart only had Ratchet and Blackarachnia.

At this point, I'd kill for my Wal-Mart to have Ratchet and Blackarachnia.

Wife got a Pizza Hut flier in the mail, and wants a P'zone now. Maybe I'll head out to Toys R' Us tomorrow afternoon, since there's a Pizza Hut nearby, and kill two birds with one stone. Although, at the rate my stupid area is going, I'll have to wait until the 22nd.

Hey, does anyone know if that Deluxe Cybertron Megatron will be sold outside the two pack? I really want it, but I want the Voyager Earth Optimus. And none of that battle-damage junk. (Yeah, I'm thinking Deluxes for both Cybertron modes, Voyagers for both Earth modes...)

I feel sorry for you guys with loose hand bits... the fingers and such stay perfectly on my Ratchet and SS, and I'm really glad that we're getting figures with open poseable hands instead of peg-fists after almost 25 years...

Score! I managed to snag all the Voyager figs in one fell swoop last night at the local wally world. I really just wanted to get Megs, but seeing as how Grimlock and Lugnut were also there, I went hog wild and got all of them-even got a Bulkhead for my nephew. They are all tres cool, but I am really liking Lugnut's robot mode and his weapon gimmick. I can't wait to see what the Voyager Prime will be like.

I'm just upset that the only Earth-mode Megs is the Leader-sized one... I've been digging the opportunity to own all of the good characters and toys at the smaller price ranges, and really, figures like Ratchet are the perfect size for me... that's why I was so glad Earth-mode Prime is a smaller sized fig.