Transformers Super Thread 7

Anyone catch the new episode in Canada?

Swindle just rocketed to one of my top three favorite Decepticons in Animated.

Yup I watched it on Youtube. Felt like a filler episode. If it weren't for

Swindle

being in it, would have been pretty meh.

Have they announced or shown pictures of a toy for him yet? It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off because the front of his vehicle mode becomes his chest and it looked really small in robot form.

Just seemed like a lot of size shifting on the animation for his transformation.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Swindle

Have they announced or shown pictures of a toy for him yet? It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off because the front of his vehicle mode becomes his chest and it looked really small in robot form.

Just seemed like a lot of size shifting on the animation for his transformation.

Well, his wouldn't be the first "cheat" in a toy's transformation. Animated BB's roof(chest) in bot mode is deco since the roof of his car mode actually becomes his calves. Sentinel Prime's chest is also a stylized deco to resemble the front of his truck mode, which actually becomes his back, and his legs actually become the bed of the pickup and look quite different from the way they're drawn. This show, probably more than any other TF series, takes alot of liberty in proportions and transformations, although Beast Wars took alot of artistic license, too. The toys are pretty damned impressive though, the majority of them looking extremely close to the artistic renderings. Anybody know which came first, the art or the toy designs for Animated?

I'd say the YF-21 is definitely 6 times cooler than classics TC. ;)

QFT. Heck, the Classics seeker design seems arthritic and blocky next to Classics Mirage. Wish they were all made like him, with double jointed knees, elbows, and ball jointed toes/feet to allow better stability in all sorts of stances.

Of course, the YF-21 is a different class of toy altogether, and from the pics, it looks gorgeous; very sleek, very accurate to Kawamori's designs, skinny legs notwithstanding. There had to be a tradeoff, and, though I'm a battroid guy, I can definitely see the need to keep everyting slim in order to prevent the chunkiness of the 1/72. In Macross, they're variable fighters, so the fighter should be the primary focus. Just my $.02

It's amazing, and depressing, that the shipping and import taxes on overseas products costs much, much more than the products themselves. I keep hoping Bandai will bring its considerable resources to bear and establish its legal ability to produce and sell the Macross Frontier products in the US at much lower cost. It's a dream, just a dream.

This show, probably more than any other TF series, takes alot of liberty in proportions and transformations, although Beast Wars took alot of artistic license, too.

You mean aside from G1. I don't think Ironhide and Ratchet transformed the same way twice.

Speaking of Beast Wars, the homages continue with a throwaway mention of the Vok. Love it.

Saw Premium Concept Camaro Bumblebee at retail today ... decided to pass, since he's just a repaint.

I originally said I was going to pass on him, but I saw him yesterday, and having seem him in person decided I had to have him.

Yeah, he's got the little touches, the painted gas cap, windshield wipers, door handles, license plate and gold chevy symbols on front and back fenders. I expected that, but what sold me on him was the base yellow they used. It's like a real-world car yellow, not like a toy yellow on the others. The gray on the robot parts is more of a steel blue gray, and darker than the gray seen on the Screen Battles Bee. I still prefer the regular non-battlemask head though.

I really hope they don't skimp on the paint apps for the Legacy 3 pack.

You mean aside from G1. I don't think Ironhide and Ratchet transformed the same way twice.

Speaking of Beast Wars, the homages continue with a throwaway mention of the Vok. Love it.

I've caught the animators making this current incarnation of bumblebee transform very much like the toy in some frames, and have they even bother showing prowl transform, or does he just do that spin thing and suddenly he's a robot or a bike?

Oh for anyone interested, RobotKingdom.com is selling the two leader class animated figures early if anyone wants them.

Edited by GobotFool

I originally said I was going to pass on him, but I saw him yesterday, and having seem him in person decided I had to have him.

Yeah, he's got the little touches, the painted gas cap, windshield wipers, door handles, license plate and gold chevy symbols on front and back fenders. I expected that, but what sold me on him was the base yellow they used. It's like a real-world car yellow, not like a toy yellow on the others. The gray on the robot parts is more of a steel blue gray, and darker than the gray seen on the Screen Battles Bee. I still prefer the regular non-battlemask head though.

I really hope they don't skimp on the paint apps for the Legacy 3 pack.

Thanks for the mini-review ... hmm, I may pick him up if I see him again. Maybe for MOC.

:ph34r:

EDIT: Looks like TF Animated toys might have been released early at retail:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...ana-also/13195/

Edited by Vermillion21

Swindle

I think Botcon attendees might have seen it but it hasn't been on the internet yet.

Does anyone know what's up with TFW2005.com? It's been completely inaccessible since Saturday lunchtime (GMT)

Does anyone know what's up with TFW2005.com? It's been completely inaccessible since Saturday lunchtime (GMT)

tfw2005.net

This is a quick message to the members of TFW2005.com. The datacenter where TFW2005.com and possibly 10's of thousands of other sites had it's physical server stored had an issue earlier today which took the electricity to the entire building offline. From what we understand there was no damage to the actual servers, just the electrical connection to the facility. As of right now there is no ETA on the site coming back online. So long as this was a purely outside, electrical based issue, it should be anywhere from 24-72 hours. This also affected Hisstank.com and Cybertron.Ca.

Please pass the word around to those that may care, we will keep everyone updated here. Thanks, see you soon!

06-01-08 - Estimated time is now sometime after 10 PM EST. Good chance much later than that, but no earlier. Stay tuned.

I was at my local Walmart and they put out the first wave of Transformers Animated Deluxe figs!

I freaked out and then after rationalizing I bought only one.

Lockdown.

Great toy. Easy to transform and he looks like the show but even I think a little better since there is a bit more detail on the toy.

Very easy to pose as well. I have to say for only picking up one from this first wave I think I made a great choice.

Wave 1 that I saw was

Prowl

Cybertron Prime

Bumblebee

Ratchet(if hes still there next week I may nab him too)

Black Arachnia

Lockdown

I was at my local Walmart and they put out the first wave of Transformers Animated Deluxe figs!

I freaked out and then after rationalizing I bought only one.

Lockdown.

Great toy. Easy to transform and he looks like the show but even I think a little better since there is a bit more detail on the toy.

Very easy to pose as well. I have to say for only picking up one from this first wave I think I made a great choice.

Wave 1 that I saw was

Prowl

Cybertron Prime

Bumblebee

Ratchet(if hes still there next week I may nab him too)

Black Arachnia

Lockdown

So far for me the only figure out of the whole animated line I've been disapointed with was Bumblebee. I managed to get the rest early for a non obcene price and can say that they are all truly excellent transformers. Out of the whole lot I recommend grabbing ratchet and prowl.

Look what showed up at lunch today: (lighting sucked, best I could do, plus most of the chrome's on his back in bot mode)

I really wish they had chromed the faux grill in robot mode.

I do hope the stress of transformation doesn't crack or break the vaccum-metalized parts.

That's partially why I passed on him, that and because he's *standing* on those vaccum-metalized parts.

I plan to post "chrome-wear" reports as needed. :)

I also plan to paint even more of him with my best silver paint. If possible, I will have no grey plastic---only silver paint and chrome. Debating whether to use Reprolabels or paint the taillights myself. (I was disappointed to see the rear bumper area is still unpainted, even on a JP premium)

::edit:: Ordered from Reprolabels, but might only end up using half of it. Hood flames etc for sure, will have to see for windows/lights. Also, Lost and Found Toys is already sold out of the first shipment, more coming in 2 weeks.

I got my hands on the premium Jazz and IronHide today. Jazz is amazing. The shiny finish really brings him alive in a way that the original's dull plastic could not do. Ironhide is also nice. A very shiny finish, though way to much blue paint was applied to his eyes. If this bothers you, its very easy to go in with a small exacto-knife and scrape off the excess. I then took some black paint to cover up the small flecks of blue left and fill in the eye socket grooves while keeping his pupils that funky blue they used. Now it really looks like his eyes are softly glowing, before it looked like he had applied way to much eyeliner. :o

I still haven't seen Premium BB, but I did find the deluxes and Megs/Prime 2-pack Animated stuff today. Snagged BA. Debating on Prowl and Ratchet--waiting for more reviews. (Namely, Dave Van Domelen's--he seems to have very similar likes/dislikes in a TF as I do, so I take his opinion pretty highly)

I have "Earth Version" Animated Megatron and he is the Bee's Knees. Excellent toy all around despite his

apparent simplicity he has a lot complexity under the hood. His rotors are interlinked by some gearing

and his cannon has some nice gimmickry for the firing mechanism. Hell even his rear landing gear is clever.

The only short comings he has are that his arms are a bit on the simple side when it comes to transformation

and he is a tad "knock Knee'd" due to how his legs lock together to form his tail boom in egg-beater mode.

Most importantly he is fun. Fun from his scowling faceplate to his red toed slag kickers.

Egg-Beater:

post-1571-1212735364_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chindenathus

I still haven't seen Premium BB, but I did find the deluxes and Megs/Prime 2-pack Animated stuff today. Snagged BA. Debating on Prowl and Ratchet--waiting for more reviews.

I gotta highly recommend at least prowl. While getting him back into bike mode is a bit of a pain, he looks so slick in bot and bike mode that everything else can be forgiven.