Transformers Super Thread 7

Wow, so a full quarter of the fanbase in this thread so far. I had a Powerjet and a Phantom Striker. And the power station thingy. I think I only had one figure though. Wow, brings back memories. Seemed like a really dark show for the time, that's mostly what I remember.

Pilot was hot. That's all I need to remember.

Liking the Megatron pics. Looks better then his crappy ass cybertron mode toy.

Watched the latest Transformers Animated episode "A Fistful of Energon"

Kickass episode.

The Return of Lockdown, Prowl with Samurai Armor, Starscream clones and a Mexican standoff between the Bots, Cons and Lockdown.

Great Stuff!

Now release the toys already!

Edited by chowyunskinny

On the mention of the animated toys. They're actually showing up here in Ottawa, and not just in the specialty shops. I spotted, and picked up, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee.

What great toys.

Didn't care for Fist Full of Energon, the moral of the story seemed kinda...off.

Like, you know what they were trying to get at, but everything was just so forced that they managed to vilify the very idea of Autobots ever getting upgrades or new abilities.

Guest sh002

bbts is good if you are looking for both. try ebay or overdrive if you need just thundercracker for $70 shipped

I was thinking about getting thundercracker, but I'm not about to pay $70 for a repaint of a $10 toy. <_<

I said that back when he was going for $150 last year. In comparison, $70 isn't so bad. Especially once you figure that in Japan, at cost with shipping is easily $50+.

I gave over-drive my business, as I refuse to wait for these to climb even higher again.

I said that back when he was going for $150 last year. In comparison, $70 isn't so bad. Especially once you figure that in Japan, at cost with shipping is easily $50+.

I gave over-drive my business, as I refuse to wait for these to climb even higher again.

I think at this point I'll just buy Acid Storm when he comes out, paint him blue, and call it a day.

I just pre-ordered Japanese shiny chrome movie Prime from LaF toys. Thundercracker is still too expensive--"only half of Botcon" is still too much for $9.99 toy. Not getting TC funds my chrome...

Guest sh002

if takara never releases a henkei thundercracker in their line, then once i get this exclusive version i won't regret paying that price.

I think at this point I'll just buy Acid Storm when he comes out, paint him blue, and call it a day.

Reminds me of when Classics ended.

I was lamenting not just buying a pile of Starscreams and Ramjets to repaint.

Of course, the problem with that plan was that I've got no paint experience.

I'd probably spend as much learning to paint 'em right as I would if I'd bought the Botcon set. And the Botcon set was too rich for my tastes anyways.

On the other hand... Japan isn't doing Thrust, it seems. So I'm STILL out in the cold.

This whole fiasco with the seekers has really only reinforced my desire not to get into Classics. Just not worth it if there's going to be this much hassle to get a few figures I really want. I'll stick with the occasional Masterpiece or Binaltech release.

Reminds me of when Classics ended.

I was lamenting not just buying a pile of Starscreams and Ramjets to repaint.

Of course, the problem with that plan was that I've got no paint experience.

Me either. But I figure screwing up one or two learning the ropes is still cheaper than buying a Botcon or a Henkei.

You know, I sold some TFs I don't like anymore to buy this. That's a good way to both make room for new stuff and money to buy said new stuff.

FantoFan posted pics of 'USA Edition' Universe Powerglide, Onslaught and Silverbolt. They are in cartoon-accurate colours.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I really should get around to selling some of my old TFs. I've got a bunch of RiD, some Armada, and a few of the early G1 reissues like Hot Rod and Optimus Prime. None of them exactly mint in box, but, aside from maybe two, they're all in really nice condition. Like, "if you could seal the packaging back up to look like new, you'd never know that the toy had ever been out of the box" nice.

Not very impressed by the Takara Ultra Classics repaints. For me, grey>white on aircraft, and Powerglide's paint apps appeal to most tf fans, but there isn't enough contrast for me, so in this case I actually like Hasbro's version better. Onslaught looks better but not enough for me to fork over more money for the Takara version.

I've put the pics side-by-side, and the only difference I see for Onslaught is the silver on the face, and the "waist lights". Am I missing some big obvious change?

As for Silverbolt--I actually like the US one better. Still don't know if I'll get him---he looks like he might have G1 *limb* Aerialbot transformation.

BBTS had Henkei Classics Thundercracker for sale by itself for $74.99 on pre-order ... but they're already sold out.

Maybe they'll get more stock soon??

:(

$74.99?!!!

frakk that man. That is insane. The damn toy is not worth more than $20 USD tops.

I want a Thunder for my Classics but at this rate they can kiss my ass.

Hahahahaha $74.99...... for a repaint of a $15 toy, thats kinda sad.

Yes, but they continue to sell these things at outrageous prices b/c they know somebody out there has alot of disposable income, no sense, or both.

Ha! I say this on the heels of forking out $259 for a YF-21 (from HLJ). Guess my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Yes, but they continue to sell these things at outrageous prices b/c they know somebody out there has alot of disposable income, no sense, or both.

Ha! I say this on the heels of forking out $259 for a YF-21 (from HLJ). Guess my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

To be fair, the YF-21 is bigger and more complex.

Probably not 25x more, but...

Not bad considering it costs the equivalent of $30US in Japan at retail, and that nobody (besides the two Japanese retailers selling these) can get them for wholesale prices.

That means Retail cost + markup from Japanese middle man + shipping to middle man + shipping to the US + markup from BBTS.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

To be fair, the YF-21 is bigger and more complex.

Probably not 25x more, but...

But then, it doesn't really cost $250. It only costs close to that much because it has to be imported from Japan. The true price is about $200.

Classics TC wouldn't cost $75 if it weren't coming from Japan. The true price is about $30

I'd say the YF-21 is definitely 6 times cooler than classics TC. ;)

Edited by Grand Admiral

Saw Premium Concept Camaro Bumblebee at retail today ... decided to pass, since he's just a repaint.

Does anyone know if this is the same version that will be in the Bumblebee legacy 3-pack?