Transformers Super Thread 7

Am I the only one who thinks the head (especially the face) looks a bit weird? I've thought that from the very first pics.

That's actually what I like about it. It kind of resembles a skull.

FYI: looks like the Japanese Henkei Classics Thundercracker is limited to 2000 pieces, and apparently customers can order up to 10 at a time. Looks like the Japanese toy scalpers will have a field day ...

:ph34r:

http://tformers.com/transformers-henkei-th.../9499/news.html

I think they updated it to 9,999.

Maybe I missed this... been looking around but not seeing it... at Frank & Sons, they have what appears to be a US packaged MP Starscream with some Japanese stickers on it. Is this the same as the Hasbro or is there anything else about it?

Maybe I missed this... been looking around but not seeing it... at Frank & Sons, they have what appears to be a US packaged MP Starscream with some Japanese stickers on it. Is this the same as the Hasbro or is there anything else about it?

This was discussed in the Transformers superthread 6; the item you describe is the Japanese re-issue of the Wal-Mart US Masterpiece Starscream. You can get it here from LOS:

http://www.laftoys.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=229

It's the Japanese release. Essentially the same as the USA Walmart release except the tips of the tail fins are slightly longer and the 'weathering' is slightly lighter, but that varies from toy to toy.

That's actually what I like about it. It kind of resembles a skull.
A skull with a fu-manchu.

The gun makes me think of Captain Power for some reason.

Of course, I think I'm one of 2 dozen people that ever saw the show.

This was discussed in the Transformers superthread 6; the item you describe is the Japanese re-issue of the Wal-Mart US Masterpiece Starscream. You can get it here from LOS:

http://www.laftoys.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=229

Excellent. I recall it's rumor from a previous thread (may have even been #5?) but wasn't paying atttn to TF news (obviously). Thanks!

It's the Japanese release. Essentially the same as the USA Walmart release except the tips of the tail fins are slightly longer and the 'weathering' is slightly lighter, but that varies from toy to toy.

Interesting. I recall the rumors were about the cape and crown but I see those are a separate add-on. Thanks!

A skull with a fu-manchu.

The gun makes me think of Captain Power for some reason.

Of course, I think I'm one of 2 dozen people that ever saw the show.

Well, count me as another of your two dozen. Not only did I watch the show, I had both the jets you could shoot at the TV with.

That reminds me... I really need to get a MP starcream but im not really digging the tv series colors... I like the more realistic looking grey MP Starscream better.
I think David and the other established that the Japanese MP SS wasn't gunship grey, but a weird green.

Excellent. I recall it's rumor from a previous thread (may have even been #5?) but wasn't paying atttn to TF news (obviously). Thanks!

Interesting. I recall the rumors were about the cape and crown but I see those are a separate add-on. Thanks!

I believe some edges on wings and such aren't rounded off. Hasbro's release was a kind of 'safety' version, with some thin, sharp edges on wings rounded off and the aforementioned tips shortened. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Yeah, amazing how of all the shades of grey F-15's have been painted, they have yet to get ANY of them on a MP. MP-03 is green, and "G1" color is way too pale. (Now, an actual G1 SS is pretty close and probably the most realistically colored F-15 TF of all if you ignore the red and blue-----but they didn't make the MP version that color of grey)

36118, 36375, 36320, 36251, and 36176 are all "shades of grey used on many F-15's for years". And they are all much darker than the "G1" MP toy, and none have any green. (36375 is ever so slightly bluish, and 36320 is ever so slightly purple)

I think David and the other established that the Japanese MP SS wasn't gunship grey, but a weird green.

Gunship grey is what we all expected of a MP SS. Seaweed green is what we got. I know some people like it, but I still think it looks awful.

Well, count me as another of your two dozen. Not only did I watch the show, I had both the jets you could shoot at the TV with.

Ok, Captain Power sounded vaguely familiar, but when you said the above, oh yeah, I definitely remember that. What I remember most is that it was supposed to be a weekly show, but it was rarely if ever on around here. I was glad I *didn't* have the jet shooters. Heh glancing at the wiki here, looks like I wasn't imagining that either:

"Poor timeslot choices also contributed to the show's undoing -- it was sold to syndication as opposed to a regular network timeslot, which resulted in some television stations airing it in the 5-6am timeslot on Sunday mornings. The subsequent poor ratings hastened the show's demise."

That Bee 3 pack is a pretty smart way to continue pimping BumbleBee molds. I think that classics mold looks more like the classics than the henkei because the insides of the legs are gray as are the arms and the seats are silver. Henkei Bee has *less* color variation. Personally, I prefer the original classics deco. Oddly it's the only U.S. deco I like over the slavish G1 Henkei ones, mostly because he looks almost like a mini-Alternator. In bot mode he really does fit in surprisingly well when displayed with other BinAlts.

If you look closely at the toy inside the packaging, all of the grey parts are now molded in yellow, so he has yellow arms, yellow shoulders, a yellow jetpack-trailer and likely yellow insides of his feet.

Ahhh, ok. I was looking at the picture of the figure on the back of the packaging which clearly doesn't.

So this is kind of a hybrid between classics and henkei then.

Don't know if I will be getting that Bumblebee set. I am content with both my CC BB and Stealth Bumble, plus I already have Classics Bee. Is it just me, or are the windows on that Classics Bee blue now?! That might be reason for me to buy it, the new deco is impressive. For me it will all depend on how much this set will cost, I think it will be $19.99. This is great for movie Bumblebee fans, and the kids that got introduced to Bumblebee via the movie(and there are tons of them).

That Legacy of Bumblebee 3-pack looks cool ... and to be a Wal-Mart exclusive as well.

Might get it to keep MIB.

so will be seeing this in the US?

This is like the Star Wars Evolution figure packs. I hope they do this for other major characters, but guys like Prime and Megatron may be too expensive if they want to use decent toys, eg:

Classics Prime - Voyager Movie Prime - Animated Voyager Prime

Classics Megatron - Voyager Movie Megatron - Animated Cybertron Mode Megatron

AND shoot other jets!

I've got a pair of Powerjets(one was my sister's originally). Really wish I had the Phantom Striker, though. Bad guys get all the cool hardware.

AND shoot other jets!

I've got a pair of Powerjets(one was my sister's originally). Really wish I had the Phantom Striker, though. Bad guys get all the cool hardware.

Wow, so a full quarter of the fanbase in this thread so far. I had a Powerjet and a Phantom Striker. And the power station thingy. I think I only had one figure though. Wow, brings back memories. Seemed like a really dark show for the time, that's mostly what I remember.

I didn't get to shoot other jets because my brother was too lame and never wanted to play, but I had both the XT-7 and the Phantom Stryker, Captain Power, Hawk, Tank, and all three of the tapes with the video specific for the jets.

I swear Soaron was my main reason of watching the show.

Wow, so a full quarter of the fanbase in this thread so far. I had a Powerjet and a Phantom Striker. And the power station thingy. I think I only had one figure though. Wow, brings back memories. Seemed like a really dark show for the time, that's mostly what I remember.

Not wanting to take this discussion even more out of track but I also watch the series, too bad it was cancel after the first seaon. My dad brought me the power chamber toy with the Captain Power Figure I think from Italy in one of his travels.

The more I see of BotCon Dark Rodimus, the more I want.

Frak, I am seriously considering getting him from eBay ... because I know he will look great next to SDCC Classics Nemesis Prime that I plan on buying later this summer.

What to do, what to do .....

post-3878-1211666106_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1211666114_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vermillion21

The latest newsletter from OverDrive mentioned this about Thundercracker (and a Macross jacket?!):

"These will be three items we will be asking about this week.

1) Transformers Henki Thundercracker Ganbo Store Limited Edition

Made by Takara Tomy

Price: $50(Including the service charge and tax)

More Details are available at

http://www.ganbo-store.com/merchant/detail/95.jsp

2) Transformers Henki Skywarp

Made by Takara Tomy

Price: $50(Including the service charge and tax)

More Details are available at

http://www.toyhobby.jp/commodity_param/ctc.../4904810319870/

3) Official Macross Flight Jacket

Made by Military Shop Phantom

Price: $344(Will add a service charge to this price)

Sizes Available: M,L,XL

A official Big West licensed flight jacket made for the 25th

anniversary of Macross.

More Details and piotures are available at

http://www.phantom-web.com/cgi/cw_catalog....amp;log_no=4561

Also if there are any Japan Limited version item that you would like to

buy from us please contact us with some details along with, if possible, a

link to the the item and we will look into the item and see what we can

do. No guarantes but we will at the least look into it."

You can e-mail him at info@over-drive-inc.com to reserve a figure!

$50 for Classics Thundercracker??? Interesting ....

That seems to be reasonable, considering guys were taking preorders for these on TFW2005 for $120 for both Thundercracker and Skywarp together. He's going to be expensive, no matter how you figure it. But at least it's not the BotCon prices, no?