Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Is there any talk about Bandai also making the Vajra?

Does anyone have some inside scoop?

It would be perfect to have them produce Vajra in the same line as the vf-25 and in scale.

RON5864 is already mentally arranging an action diorama!

I had a great dream last night that the Bandai 1/60 DX Alto type VF-25 Super toy was out and I picked one up. It came in a really nice box, with the toy packed in a Styrofoam inner tray. :)

Graham

Ya' know, I have serious doubts over whether a toy of the Ozma VF-25S with Armored pack is going to be able to stand in battroid mode without a display stand.

It's going to be really back heavy with that huge backpack. Bandai better use some industrial grade ratchet joints in the ankles, knees and hips.

Graham

I had a great dream last night that the Bandai 1/60 DX Alto type VF-25 Super toy was out and I picked one up. It came in a really nice box, with the toy packed in a Styrofoam inner tray. :)

Graham

Alas, it still is a dream, no? But I share your dream Graham and one can only hope. Unless this is no dream but a very non-subtle hint of something going on...

Alas, it was just a dream. I have no contacts with Bandai.

But it was a very nice dream. It was a great thrill to open the box and see the VF-25 laying their surrounded by all the Super Pack pieces.

Graham

Graham

I had an even better dream... it involved 2 girls and no cup in sight.

But it was a very nice dream. It was a great thrill to open the box and see the VF-25 laying their surrounded by all the Super Pack pieces.

Graham

It better have die-cast joints. I dreamt of die-cast joints, tampo printing of the decals, quality paint and durable plastic construction and...

I'll shut up now.

Graham

i knodwa know someone with Bandai contacts for Saint Seiya, I can ask him if he knows anything bout Macross, but i doubt it.

I had an even better dream... it involved 2 girls and no cup in sight.

No cup? So they just used their hands? That would be messy. :lol:

I had that dream too but it involved Michael's/ Mikhail's VF-25 with the long range pack and it involved "grappling hook stable sniper platform" action.

Edited by Wurz

No cup? So they just used their hands? That would be messy. :lol:

:lol:

that's the way Dad did it...

That's the way America always done it...

And it's worked out pretty well so far!

I'm about to break into a Beatles song but decided against it for the mental health of all fellow MWers.

I'll have to be The Lovin' Spoonful then.

o/` "What a day for a daydream... What a day for a daydreamin' boy..." o/` B))

I'd be really happy even if they came out with the VF-25s like their Fix Figuration type toys (non-transformable, with limited poseablility), with the amazingly detailed matte finish paint schemes and every tiny stencil printed all over the complex double curved surfaces! They are like pre-built models - the accuracy is amazing!

Agree about the detail. Unfortunately, with the Fix Figuration, the joints tend to get lose over time, many parts, especially guns often come warped and the armor pieces never really attach firmly enogh. I retired all my Sentinel GFF a few years ago.

Just say NO to PVC toys!

Graham

Agree about the detail. Unfortunately, with the Fix Figuration, the joints tend to get lose over time, many parts, especially guns often come warped and the armor pieces never really attach firmly enogh. I retired all my Sentinel GFF a few years ago.

Just say NO to PVC toys!

Graham

word! I have one fix figuration gundam which looks great but is more fragile than a frail old osteoperodic woman with agoraphobia in the middle of a football (soccer) riot. Also not able to hold a pose well.

If you guys take reference to the recent GFF metal composite series, i would say its does really hold up well in terms of design, sculpt, details and stability as well has a solid/beautiful paint job.

Edited by recon

Just say NO to PVC toys!

Graham

I have all the Sentinel GFFs and i'm looking at them now on display and none of them have the warped guns and loose armor pieces that you described. I even played with the EX-S and Deep Striker every now and then. Probably hit and miss? And there were ALOT of fakes floating in the market at one point and you may have got those?

Give me the stuff Bandai uses on their rangers toys. Doesn't look the greatest but man are they ever durable. I still have my M7 toys from 13 years ago and they took quite a beating before too. However if they can look liek Yamato stuff that's good too just that durability was never a Yamato strong point. just look at my TWO VF-11s.

I can't wait any longer, when are Bandai's DX VF-25s and variants going to come out? I need to know so I can start budgeting.

Nobody knows yet when they are coming out, or how much they will cost.

The only thing we know is that the little SD gashapons will be released in August! Heck if it's taking them til' August to release some thing as simple as a non-articulated SD gashapon, who knows how long it will take them to release a complex transforming toy?

As a comparison, it usually takes Yamato 1 year to get a transforming VF toy to market from start of design to eventual release.

Graham

Nobody knows yet when they are coming out, or how much they will cost.

According to the MF blog, Kawamori is working on the VF-25. The delay is due to the fact that he working on both the material and producing the show as well. This has impacted his schedule but he is working on it.

I have all the Sentinel GFFs and i'm looking at them now on display and none of them have the warped guns and loose armor pieces that you described. I even played with the EX-S and Deep Striker every now and then. Probably hit and miss? And there were ALOT of fakes floating in the market at one point and you may have got those?

Fake GFF's? :blink: More info please!

I don't mind waiting for the MF figures.

Gives me time to get some 1/60 Yammie goodness in there :)

MF can come out for Christmas or even 2009 new years and it'll be good. Then I can say this:

"I resolve to stop buying expensive Yamato Valykries this year"... and I can start buying expensive BANDAI valkyries :)

As to PVCs...

well - once bought up some of the Takara Transformer Mega PVCs and was very impresed with them - still prefer them to Revoltech actually (but that's only because I prefer the anime design to the Dreamwave design)...

I did have visions though - of CHUNKY MONKEY VF-25S!!!

Can you imagine it??

A chunky Monky VF-25??

There would be no hip bars - obviously - but the thing would be chunky and munky an Bandai...and a VF-25...

and then I'd buy it :)

On the other hand - I have visions of Yamato's SV-51 and YF-19 since the VF-25 is close to both...

I really wonder what Bandai will come up with?

I noticed in the anime that the head is not under the plane but sit like the YF-19 head behind the fuselage. This will probably make transformation a lot simpler....

But what I'd REALLY love is some darned people figures.

Give me Ranka Chan with Maguro Man accesories!

VFTF1

I finally got some time to watch all the eps of Frontier that have aired so far and I have to say that Michael seems to have the best looking Valk out of the SMS fleet. Not sure what those spines on his rifle are supposed to do but it certainly looks good. :lol:

I finally got some time to watch all the eps of Frontier that have aired so far and I have to say that Michael seems to have the best looking Valk out of the SMS fleet. Not sure what those spines on his rifle are supposed to do but it certainly looks good. :lol:

My vote for best looking SMS Valk goes to either Alto's VF-25F or Ozma's VF-25S. I've never really been keen on the mostly blue Max VF-1J or Mikhail VF-25G type color scheme. The only all blue Valk scheme that I really like was Max's VF-22 from Macross 7.

Graham

According to the MF blog, Kawamori is working on the VF-25. The delay is due to the fact that he working on both the material and producing the show as well. This has impacted his schedule but he is working on it.

For one man...so much to do and so little time to do it.

At this point, I would say the show is more important than the toys, as the show is airing right NOW and there is a schedule to follow. Toys can wait.

But I don't mind them releasing the el-cheapo shitty non transforming toys as a filler.