Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

• 2 weeks later...

Just trying to think of all the possible toy variations that Bandai could make, based on the mecha that has been shown so far in the anime, hobby magazines and the manga: -

1. VF-25S Ozma (grey w/yellow and black trim) with Armored Pack.
  2. VF-25S Ozma (grey w/yellow and black trim) with Super Pack.
  3. VF-25F Alto (white with red and black trim) with Super Pack.
  4. VF-25F(?) Mikhail (blue with white trim(?)) with sniper rifle. (shown in manga and hobby mag).
  5. VF-25A(?) Luca (green).
  6. VF-25A(?) Cannon Fodder (brown) (shown in hobby mag)
  7. VF-171D(?) 2 head lasers.
  8. VF-171S(?) (shown in Manga) 4 head lasers.
  9. VB-6 Konig Monster.
  10. Blue Q-Rau Lambda
  11. Red Q-Rau Lambda.
  12. Big Red Bug.
  13. Little Yellow Bug.
  14. Mystery Purple VF.
  15. VF-1J Gate Guard.
  16. Ghost Drones.

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Graham

Can I get a picture of the blue and white trim VF-25 with sniper rifle from the hobby mag?

Also I think they should at least paint those prototypes.

Blue VF-25 in fighter mode can be seen in the attached pic, as can the tan (cannon fodder?) VF-25 in fighter mode.

For Mikhail's VF-25 battroid using the long range energy sniper rifle, check out the Frontier Manga chapter #2 thread.

Graham

post-11-1207803033_thumb.jpg

The list of possible toys now gets modified bassed on episode # 2.

4. VF-25A(?) Mikhail (blue) with sniper rifle.
  5. VF-25A(?) Luca (green), with Elint Pack
  6. VF-25A(?) Cannon Fodder (brown)
  9. VB-6 Konig Monster.
  10. Blue Q-Rau Lambda
  11. Red Q-Rau Lambda.
  12. Big Red Bug.
  13. Little Yellow Bug.
  14. Mystery Purple VF.
  15. VF-1J Gate Guard.
  16. Ghost Drones.
  17. Fire Fighting Robot.

Graham

The list of possible toys now gets modified bassed on episode # 2.

4. VF-25A(?) Mikhail (blue) with sniper rifle.
  5. VF-25A(?) Luca (green), with Elint Pack
  6. VF-25A(?) Cannon Fodder (brown)
  9. VB-6 Konig Monster.
  10. Blue Q-Rau Lambda
  11. Red Q-Rau Lambda.
  12. Big Red Bug.
  13. Little Yellow Bug.
  14. Mystery Purple VF.
  15. VF-1J Gate Guard.
  16. Ghost Drones.
  17. Fire Fighting Robot.

Graham

Scale aside, how big can we anticipate these toys being? Will they be close to the size of the 1/48 Yamato Valks?

The 1/60 DX VF-25 toys, should be similar in size to Yamato's YF-19 and VF-0.

That's good to hear. I was under the impression from the some of the pictures that they would be much smaller - but this is a big plus.

VFTF1

Considering that the photos from Tokyo International Anime Fair '08 etc. seem to show the 1/60s to be DX Chogokin sounds pretty good. Previous entries of that line (Aquarion and Gaiking) turned out fairly well; hopefully this does too. Mikhail's VF-25 w/ sniper rifle would be an awesome entry to the line. Mmm.

BTW, are we expecting more concrete news of the toys around June-ish/Summer? Can't wait!

Armorless, vanilla for me. I'm digging Mikhail and Luca's VF-25s, as well as Ozma's minus the armor kit. :) I've never really been a fan of red/black/white.

I actually think the red/black/white suits the VF-25 a lot better than it did the VF-1. I hope they release Alto's VF-25 first.

I'm not sure how I really feel about the VF-25 (and enemies) yet. It looks really awesome in fighter mode, but the Battroid is looking too organic for my tastes, almost buglike, especially the head. It sure looks cool with all the armor though. I guess once I see these further along and more of the anime episodes, I'll probably change my mind. That's how I felt about the SV-51. Now I picked up all of the Yamato versions. :lol:

lol The K sure loves his Macross, digging the pics of him zooming the prototype toys around city locations with his hands,

Pichu Pichu! VRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM Pchawwwwwwww! Long Live Our K!

Yeah....good to see ol kawamori enjoying valks just like we do. ;)

Love how he's doing that "dogfight " as well. I do that sometimes. :lol:

Details look good (well as good as I can see it in a prototype made of modelling plastic) I wonder what the features will be.

I still can't really see it transforming, I think they are still all non-transformable.

It looks small too, even in the hands of a little old Japanese bloke like Kawamori. I hope that's the small of the releases that are planned.

Details look good (well as good as I can see it in a prototype made of modelling plastic) I wonder what the features will be.

I still can't really see it transforming, I think they are still all non-transformable.

It looks small too, even in the hands of a little old Japanese bloke like Kawamori. I hope that's the small of the releases that are planned.

That's why I think that these aren't prototypes for the DX toy, but for the model kits or 1/100 non-transforming toys.

Ever wondered what his personal collection would be like? ......................

I have wondered what Kawamori-san's valk collection would look like. I am sure that it would bring most of us to our knees and make some of us cream our jeans. It would be like looking directly into God's Vagina!

(Please forgive my wretched, wretched soul, damned for eternity in a blazing hell fire for such blasphemy)