Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Looks alright hey. I'm not that excited, but it's a kit, so I'll be eagerly waiting or the DX. I think it will be better.

Edited by kensei

Battroid looks too bulky and chubby for my taste, Bandai could have done a better job. Its not up to Yamato's level in terms of design but this may just be an early prototype so i'll reserve final judgement until i see the finished product.

Its supposed to be slimmer.

Edited by thankheaven

OMG, pics of the DX!!

Fighter looks really good... Batroid with the monkey arms could be mistransformed. First impresion: I like but need better pics.

Is this another case of Kawamori's "f*ck the robot, I want fighter mode to shine!"? :lol:

Edited by Twoducks

Oh please its not even a finished prototype, not even in plastic. If Yamato did this, you guys would have been all happy and said not to worry, as its so early. I like what I am seeing so far, it will look better as it goes further in development. I see nothing that gives the impression that it will be out of proportion like the Macross 7 toys.

Oh please its not even a finished prototype, not even in plastic. If Yamato did this, you guys would have been all happy and said not to worry, as its so early. I like what I am seeing so far, it will look better as it goes further in development. I see nothing that gives the impression that it will be out of proportion like the Macross 7 toys.

get over yourself. If yamato had done this, we would have line art comparisons up by now and we would be debating every angle and proportion.

Looks like we'll get a VF-25F and a VF-25S at least.

It looks a little weird in the, uuhm,...crotch area, seems like the VF-25 is hung like a horse. :lol::blink:

The intakes are a little to high up in batroid mode IMO. Fighter looks pretty good though! (from what I can tell)

Edited by Dante74

get over yourself. If yamato had done this, we would have line art comparisons up by now and we would be debating every angle and proportion.

Yes, you're both right. 80% of the posts would be saying what Shin said, 5% would be posting lineart to show that there are valid complaints to be made (which will only anger the Yamato fanaticists more), and the remaining 15% of posts would be roger trying to make fun of people.

Yes, you're both right. Honk honk honk honk honk.

(Just trying to fill my quota. ;p)

But really, this is the first time in over 10 years that a new Macross series has been on television and there's actually merchandise being produced for it while it's on the air, and yet people are somehow finding a reason to whine...

Its because Yamato isn't making the toys.

oh, don't be so snarky mr. bandaide. You guys are getting your chance, let's all see what bandai can do and then we'll all dogpile on them for any compromises they make.

oh, don't be so snarky mr. bandaide. You guys are getting your chance, let's all see what bandai can do and then we'll all dogpile on them for any compromises they make.

I wish I was being snarky, but I'm being honest. How many people were complaining the minute it was announced Bandai had the license and that Yamato couldn't get it until a few more years? The number of people who think Bandai will do a good job is outnumbered by the people who wish Yamato had the license and think would do a better job. When I heard this site referenced as Yamatoworld I wasn't surprised. It would be a lie to say most members on this site aren't biased against Bandai. It would also be a lie to say that most Macrossworld members are not faithful Yamato advocates.

If the DX VF-25 turns out bust, then I'll say Bandai did a horrible job. Right now it looks good. More accurate than the 1/72 kit(reference views from the top of fighter mode and the section where the LERX starts from the nose). Already it looks a lot better than the DX VF-19's squashed proportions in fighter mode where it looked more like an FSW Legioss with canards as opposed to a VF-19. What we are seeing is clearly an early prototype without refinements.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I wish I was being snarky, but I'm being honest. How many people were complaining the minute it was announced Bandai had the license and that Yamato couldn't get it until a few more years? The number of people who think Bandai will do a good job is outnumbered by the people who wish Yamato had the license and think would do a better job. When I heard this site referenced as Yamatoworld I wasn't surprised. It would be a lie to say most members on this site aren't biased against Bandai. It would also be a lie to say that most Macrossworld members are not faithful Yamato advocates.

If the DX VF-25 turns out bust, then I'll say Bandai did a horrible job. Right now it looks good. More accurate than the 1/72 kit(reference views from the top of fighter mode and the section where the LERX starts from the nose). Already it looks a lot better than the DX VF-19's squashed proportions in fighter mode where it looked more like an FSW Legioss with canards as opposed to a VF-19. What we are seeing is clearly an early prototype without refinements.

Well, I hope you're right in regards to the sculpt but I doubt we'll see any major proportion changes. But to me, it looks like the fighter isn't wide enough and the rear of the plane looks truncated. My guess is that the width of the wing roots and the length of the wings was a compromise for battroid mode as well as shortening the overall length of fighter... keeps the legs more in proportion in battroid mode.

As for the yamato versus bandai thing... well, I think people see what they want to see.

Edited by eugimon

I still say we need bigger pics but so far the only weird thing IMO is the crotch area and that the shoulder armour is a bit thin.

The shoulders just aren't angled up like they should probably because of a mistransformation or because the proto is too early to have them locked (that would fix the long arms).

The crotch in that pic looks nothing like the official design so it could also mean that it is transformed incorrectly.

Fighter mode may look different because we are more used to the forced perspective pic that makes the nose look bigger.

Thanks for the clearer picture of the DX! well, I hope it looks like ass due to the angle of the picture and not because the propportions are all jacked up. I hope the squat torso is just because it's a prototype and they couldn't transform it properly.

Edited by eugimon

I'm gonna reserve judgment until i see a better prototype. Its pretty obvious that this was a quickly thrown together model of the toy. Heck, there is a massive gap between the upper and lower right forearm.

Oh well, i hope it looks good in fighter. :mellow: