Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

Oh Graham, don't be coy, we know you're already playing with these on your desk.

Yeah, right. And I've got the new Minmay doll with "working mouth action" under my desk as well. :p

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't get pre-release prototypes of every new item.

Graham

can't say I like either... I'm with graham in that I don't care for the revoltech material but I also agree with Mr. March in that the relative limited articulation and giant fraking seam lines in the GNU line make them unattractive.

Those are just the early GN-U prototypes still. Trust me, the final production versions will not have those big seams.

Graham

Are there any differences between either sculpt or function between the upcoming 1/60 and the now "classic" 1/48? Is the former nothing but a miniaturized "1/48?"

If the new 1/60's end up including every release in the old 1/60 line-up, especially including the three 2-seaters, I would replace the old school, 1/60's. But that release schedule, I am sure, would span years.....And I am not sure about risking getting rid of those, even one by one as the new 1/60's are released, given the risk that they might not complete the line. I'd rather not have a mixed bag of old and new 1/60's haha. Man, I am anal about consistency in my collection!

I like both Revo and Yamato's take on the YF-21. Since they are cheap I might get both; I could repaint/custom one into a Max 22.

For the 19 I like the Revo better for now.

Graham, will the first release of the GNU line come with fast packs or are we going to have to wait?

So how much do we know here? Some facts are coming out that deals with some of my concerns. That's good, but what about the rest? Sculpt is a matter of personal preference for me and that can't be helped, but what about other factors that affect the product performance/value?

1) So the seams are apparently tight on the production versions? Okay, that's good.

2) What is the articulation of the GN-U line like? It doesn't necessarily have to be a Revoltech, but what can we expect? The pictures make the articulation appear lousy. Is this the case or is articulation actually quite good?

3) Will the GN-U line come with FAST Packs or will they be sold seperate? At all?

4) How is the viability of the joints? Will they stand up well to repeated use?

5) Feel free to offer anything else that we don't know yet.

More information please. There must be milkshakes! :)

Wow, I missed the page where everyone else noticed that the price on these was 3000 Yen. Uh, I REALLY hope something gets revealed that makes me want these things about $12 more each than I currently do or else I'm going to be waiting to see these in the anime store bargain bins.

Those are just the early GN-U prototypes still. Trust me, the final production versions will not have those big seams.

Graham

I love the revoltechs but have also prordered Yamato's GN-U YF-19 and VF11. I'd like to know, however (as it appears you have seen them) if they are taller than a revoltech and what scale they are. Thanks! :lol:

i love these new figures from Yamato. though i love better the articulations from Revoltech. guess, i just need to buy both sets just to satisfy my urge. hehehe. :lol:

wish the ones from Yamato includes also the Fast Packs for each YF's. ^_^

I'll be the one laughing when you're holding a broken $50 action figure in your hands. sho yo rite!

Silly Gaijin devil, 1500 yen is not $50.

Where's your 1500 yen now man from the land of the rising sun devil?

The 19 at least still looks to have the paint app done up the same as the rapid prototype version (i.e the surface isn't smooth). I wouldn't be terribly shocked if these were still the same ones we've seen at a few other events.

edit: This image here: http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/009339/40.html really demonstrates what I mean, especially the shield and the shoulders.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Some model show in Japan, non-public. All near release Yamato stuff:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/009339/

Don't know which thread to bump. Randomly picked this one...

Sorry to get off topic, but in the link above there was this figure that is in the link below:

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4560228201819

Does anyone know if this is a figure from that No Jango pc game?