Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

what? that's idiotic! Only some bikes will have decals? Whats the point in that?

Indeed, Can we have a sure fired translation here. Honestly if some do come with stickers and some don't what the hell is the point of that? Limited editions have stickers and regulars don't? Seriously does it really cost a lot to make stickers? Its not a huge issue for me, but if this is true just shows Megahouse's laziness in their product.

I think the 1s run all of them are getting stickers so get them while u can.

Same strategy employed for the 1s production Sazabis and Re-Gz HCM pros. Later releases didn't have the decals.

It's a cynical marketing ploy, simple as that. Stickers wouldn't run the cost up much. But it's the easiest, cheapest thing they can do to offer/hold as ransom something that people would actually want, and then deny that to most in order to artificially create a "limited edition" without any real cost or work on their part.

What's next, boxes only for the first run, while the rest come in baggies? Only the first run gauranteed to be rabbit dropping free?

It's a cynical marketing ploy, simple as that. Stickers wouldn't run the cost up much. But it's the easiest, cheapest thing they can do to offer/hold as ransom something that people would actually want, and then deny that to most in order to artificially create a "limited edition" without any real cost or work on their part.

What's next, boxes only for the first run, while the rest come in baggies? Only the first run gauranteed to be rabbit dropping free?

nah, half of the boxes will have toys that fall apart and the other half will be solid... :lol:

Totally!

If this is the case I'm gonna skip Megahouse based on freakin principle as I can't support a company that runs on stupidity. CMs is already a gamble with all the reports of breakage. I might hold out til the Beagle version.

And nope, Toynami was never an option. I think by now I've learned my lesson. I would have to be unanimous good reports for me to even consider it.

Indeed, Can we have a sure fired translation here. Honestly if some do come with stickers and some don't what the hell is the point of that? Limited editions have stickers and regulars don't? Seriously does it really cost a lot to make stickers? Its not a huge issue for me, but if this is true just shows Megahouse's laziness in their product.

I ran the jap sentences from the advert thru' babelfish

さらに,うれしい情報が. 一部店舗, ネット通販店にで,初回限定で購入者にディテール

アップシールを配布.好みに合せで貼ってカスタマイズしょう!

配布枚数が限られておりますので,配布終了の場合は了承ください.

And got this :

Furthermore, delightful information. in at part store and net mail order store, with the first limitation in buyer distribution detail rise seal In the taste pasting with adjusting, to customize, the ょう! It meaning that the distribution quantity is limited, when it is distribution end, please acknowledge.

Apparently, the 'delightful information' is : The decals comes in some of the boxes in the first run.

This is really... :angry::angry::angry:

I love how they spin it so that decals are now a fun, optional, limited-edition "customization" item, rather than be something that should be included in every box. I mean they've done the art, they've got them printed-- how hard would it be to let the printers run a little longer and throw them in every box? But of course, it takes even less effort to not do so, piss prospector buyers off, and drive up anxious, fear-based demand for the first-run. Profit!

Megahouse, lesson one in marketing-- when running promotionals, do try harder to hide the fact that you're screwing your customers over for a cash grab.

I got my CM's in the mail yesterday from LAFtoys!!! I am soooooooo excited, but I have not even had the chance to open them yet and will not be able to till tonight. At that point in time we will see if I have any of the troubles that some of you have had. Luckily (not to jinx myself) I have been one of the few to receive QC issues on anything that I have bought *knocking on wood*. ^_^ With all this talk of the MH's not including stickers and all that with ALL of the 1st run.....that just pisses me off :angry: . I should cancel my pre-order. That's a load of crap. :angry::angry::angry:

:ph34r:

I got my CM's in the mail yesterday from LAFtoys!!! I am soooooooo excited, but I have not even had the chance to open them yet and will not be able to till tonight. At that point in time we will see if I have any of the troubles that some of you have had. Luckily (not to jinx myself) I have been one of the few to receive QC issues on anything that I have bought *knocking on wood*. ^_^ With all this talk of the MH's not including stickers and all that with ALL of the 1st run.....that just pisses me off :angry: . I should cancel my pre-order. That's a load of crap. :angry::angry::angry:

you did? I havn't heard anything from LAFToys at all....

OK, I just saw the MH Ride Armor on BBTS and decided to order one since I still have credit there from my Aoshima Legioss return. I wasn't going to get it, but I figure it would be the perfect thing to use store credit on, and since it's BBTS I can return the thing if it breaks.

As for the label sheet, I think it's a fairly lame move but it personally doesn't affect me since I rarely apply decals anyway. Definitely understand why people are upset though.

Maybe one of our skilled labelmasters can duplicate it and offer them to people?

you did? I havn't heard anything from LAFToys at all....

Did you have a pre-order in? If so...I would try to email LOS and just ask what's going on with the order. I am sure there is a good reason. LOS is the bomb and VERY VERY helpful. :ph34r:

OK, I just saw the MH Ride Armor on BBTS and decided to order one since I still have credit there from my Aoshima Legioss return. I wasn't going to get it, but I figure it would be the perfect thing to use store credit on, and since it's BBTS I can return the thing if it breaks.

As for the label sheet, I think it's a fairly lame move but it personally doesn't affect me since I rarely apply decals anyway. Definitely understand why people are upset though.

Maybe one of our skilled labelmasters can duplicate it and offer them to people?

Sounds like a good idea - even if no one here can do it, I'm sure that reprolables.com would be happy to take it on, provided there is sufficient interest. Do let us know how the MH looks in any case.

To tell the truth......I am rather unhappy with these guys.....but for my own personal reasons of me thinking that they are just too small for me to handle. Luckily just as I expected....I did not have any problems with TFing mine or breaking anything. I opened them both up.....TFed Rey to get some pics and then after that I was like "well......screw this.....I'm not TFing Stick." I am going to post them both for sale in the Sell/Trade Forums. Maybe I will like the MH's better....but seeings how they are small as well....I think I may just cancel my order and wait for the Beagel or the Toynami. I don't know.

EDIT------> I just realized that I have been writting "Rey" and not "Ley".....my bad.

Edited by misterryno

thanks for the pics! They look pretty good to me in soldier mode, but I can't get over how small that bike mode looks.

Look good, yes......fun to handle, no. Just too damn small. :ph34r:

Just paid for yours.. why do both boxes say stick type?

nm, just saw the other side of it

Yeah.....when I opened the box containing these 2 boxes I was like "WTF!?! I GOT 2 Stick's and not Ley.....F THAT!!!" then I realized that I was dumb <_<

I've got mine and are photoing them for the review. By luck of the draw I opened "Ley" first and transformed him. Detail is great but yeah, these things are way too small for their own good. They've got more going on then Gakken did on their 1/8 scale toys and it shows by making it a fidgity pain in the ass. They would work great as display pieces, they're nothing short of beautiful. I did transform mine all the way to armor mode but the windscreen broke off when I was posing it for the first time. As you can imagine, posing it doesn't really involve touching the windscreen, the contact with the windscreen was entirely incidental so please do not take the warnings about it lightly and know even if you're doing everything you can to avoid it you might still end up snapping it. So, anyone got any suggestions for what glue to use to get this thing back together?

Edited by jenius

They would work great as display pieces, they're nothing short of beautiful.
Yeah, I'm in love with how they look, it just makes it that much more frustrating that the windshield brakes and the wheels don't spin.

So, anyone got any suggestions for what glue to use to get this thing back together?
My windscreen is now being held on by sticky-tack. It probably holds better than glue, and it's easy to stick back on if it does come off again. If only I could find some that's transparent.

Dude, am I the only one having trouble keeping my forearm guards on in bike mode? Especially the right one where the forearm guard's peg hits the metal wheel strut?

Damn....you guys and breaking things.....I guess I'm just a gentle giant......you all need to be more careful LOL

I just got done with Stig an no breakage. I was examining the broken windscreen on Ley and you can actually see where the glue has eaten away at the plastic on the windshield. I wouldn't be surprised if people buy this a few months from now and find the windscreens already broken away in the package.