Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

UN Spacy & Twoducks,

THANKS ALOT for the galleries. I am happy. These guys look totally cool. So I thought that the CM's were going to come with a little black stand. Am I wrong??? :huh: I looked back to some pics near the beginning of this thread and that is what I saw. My order just processed earlier from LAF so I am sure I will have them soon enough.

:ph34r:

It's so strange the the CMS Ride Armor and CMS Legioss/Tread are the opposite ends of the spectrum. The Ride Armor has a pretty darned good sculpt and accurate transformation for a pretty challenging subject. Yet it seems cheaply made and appears to be delicate and fiddly. The Legioss is the exact opposite, with bizarre deviations in transformation and yet looks solidly built. It's like CMS is schizophrenic or something. We know they're related only because both are rediculously overpriced. If CMS used a better looking plastic and it wasn't as crumbly as it sounds, I think I'd actually pay 60 for these.

Crumbly? Where did you get that from?

I can't get my head around why people think the CM look good at all, yes the sculpt is pretty good and the transformation is well thought out but the over all look of the finished product is just discusting for the price. If it was a transformer then you wouldn't pay any more than $20 for something that looks so cheap and nasty and so small. Compared to the MH pictures we have seen it looks really nice and looks like you are getting something for your $60 but these CM's look like they just fell out of a Kinda suprise. I just can't get my head around how these CM's can look good to people, every picture shows the same cheap looking items full of screws that look huge due to the scale. After seeing all these pictures of the CM's and reading on them being brittle and so on MH seems to be the top choice at this time though I'm sure there will be issues with them, but at least they look cool and look worth a little more than $20.

I can't get my head around why people think the CM look good at all, yes the sculpt is pretty good and the transformation is well thought out but the over all look of the finished product is just discusting for the price. If it was a transformer then you wouldn't pay any more than $20 for something that looks so cheap and nasty and so small. Compared to the MH pictures we have seen it looks really nice and looks like you are getting something for your $60 but these CM's look like they just fell out of a Kinda suprise. I just can't get my head around how these CM's can look good to people, every picture shows the same cheap looking items full of screws that look huge due to the scale. After seeing all these pictures of the CM's and reading on them being brittle and so on MH seems to be the top choice at this time though I'm sure there will be issues with them, but at least they look cool and look worth a little more than $20.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If the Megahouse was perfect transformation I certainly would be taking it over the CM. But the way the toy has to practically be taken apart and put back togeather is a different type of cheap in my eyes. Considering a much smaller toy managed to make it perfect transformation, and didn't have to sacrifice to much regarding the final proportions of the toy I'm rather torn. I think MH's engineering is lazy and I wouldn't normally pay more than 20 for a toy like that, at the same time, the CM is really small and has that ugly seem down the chest. Oh well. Lets hope Beagle blows them both out of the water and makes us a legioss and tread link up in 1/35 as an encore.

Yes, everyone should have the same taste and opinion of everything. If only we lived in such a perfect world. :lol:

To each their own is what I always believe. But that is why I figure I will get at least one (in the CM's and MH's case 2) of each, including the Beagles when they are released. And then I can make my final decision on which I like the best. I am sure that I will like them all though. I know I say this now....but we will see.

To each their own is what I always believe. But that is why I figure I will get at least one (in the CM's and MH's case 2) of each, including the Beagles when they are released. And then I can make my final decision on which I like the best. I am sure that I will like them all though. I know I say this now....but we will see.

I had planned on getting one from each company, but all my desire for the MegaHouse evaporated when I watched that video. I'm not completely writing it off, though. If it turns out to be a great toy I'll probably get one. Oh, and my post about everyone having the same tastes was meant to be sarcastic. Variety is the spice of life. B))

As for Toynami's, eh....I really have to wait and see on that one. For one, I still don't fully believe it's going to come out. For two, they've burnt me so many times with their crappy toys that seriously doubt their Ride Armor will be problem-free.

And Beagle...well, I wont even count them until I see something tangible. And even then they have no other transforming toys to base a preliminary judgment on, so it's hard to guess what their final product will be like.

Yes, everyone should have the same taste and opinion of everything. If only we lived in such a perfect world. :lol:

No but everyone should have a sence of quality and CM is lacking that in the look of the final product. The fact that CM has PT on something so small is a great achievment but what good is it if it going to break or they are just so small that parts do have to be removed. I can see the point that the MH versions may be seen as cheap for not having PT and I can except that, but the finish of the MH from what we have seen to date makes the CM's look cheap.

I guess what it all comes down to is what your going to do with these, for me I'll buy the MH versions put them in the poses I like and thats how they stay until I decide to change things around as do all my collectabes, they will never see "play" time.

I don't want to enter the fray here, but let it be noted that the Mospeada, by design, is not capable of "Perfect Transformation" in toy form, period. No matter who designs or engineers a toy version, parts will have to be removed and replaced. A desire for "Perfect Transformation" is therefore not a valid criteria for evaluating any of these toys. Out.

Oh, and my post about everyone having the same tastes was meant to be sarcastic. Variety is the spice of life. B))

Oh I know.... ^_^ .....I was just puttin in my 2 cents......I also wish we could all have the same taste.....but that would just be boring now would'nt it? B))

As for the MH's......I'll let you know if they're any good once I get them. And for the Toynami's......hmmmmm.....I wonder....I wa wa wa wa wonder.....if they'll actually be.

Oh no Hiriyu, you are wrong. You can do perfect transformation... you just have to use strings to hold all the pieces together. Uh, that'd be perfect right?

Psssshhhh YEAH!!! If string does'nt work.......duct tape will.......it works for EVERYTHING :lol:

I had planned on getting one from each company, but all my desire for the MegaHouse evaporated when I watched that video. I'm not completely writing it off, though. If it turns out to be a great toy I'll probably get one. Oh, and my post about everyone having the same tastes was meant to be sarcastic. Variety is the spice of life. B))

Could you link me to the said video please? I wasn't watching this thread until too late.

And for the CM's, i will only buy those for less than half of the quoted price. The megahouse may not have perfect transformation but it looks better.

So what is the definition of perfect transformation with regards to ride armor?

We know that in the show the arm pieces float towards the forearms of the rider but what other parts detach from one place to attach onto another place in the anime?

When people say "this is non-PT", do they mean there are even MORE pieces that detach off the toy that DIDN't detach from the ride armor in the anime? And what are those extra pieces that deatch/cheat to "transform" the bike into the armor.

So when people say "CMs is PT" they are just referring to it being close to the transformation of the anime? (as opposed to adding yet more detachable pieces on top of the ones seen in the show)

I'm not as familiar with this as I've never owned a ride armor before so that's why I'm a little confused.

I'm guessing if the toy:

A) add more non-perfect transforming pieces to achieve transformation = "It's not perfect transformable"

B) doesn't add extra detachments (only ones you see in the anime) to achieve transformation = "perfect transformable"

So the:

MegaHouse = A

and

CMs = B

Right?

I can't get my head around why people think the CM look good at all, yes the sculpt is pretty good and the transformation is well thought out but the over all look of the finished product is just discusting for the price.

I think they mean it looks good from an overall "proportions" perspective. It lacks details, has a cheap plastic look to it, but when looking at it from distance to me it seems to have the right size of rider to bike.

Just like how the old 1/60 yamato vf-1 valks had a better nose to some people, compared to the nose of the better-detailed vf-1 1/48. Or how the hands on 1/60 look the right size vs the hands of the 1/48. Ultimately the 1/48 seems to win with a lot of people for detail reasons and perfect transformation reasons, despite the proportions. (small hands, bulging chest)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't want to enter the fray here, but let it be noted that the Mospeada, by design, is not capable of "Perfect Transformation" in toy form, period. No matter who designs or engineers a toy version, parts will have to be removed and replaced. A desire for "Perfect Transformation" is therefore not a valid criteria for evaluating any of these toys. Out.

Finally some sanity!

You guys can only complain about which release has "less" parts to remove.

Could you link me to the said video please? I wasn't watching this thread until too late.

And for the CM's, i will only buy those for less than half of the quoted price. The megahouse may not have perfect transformation but it looks better.

http://www.megahobby.jp/special/scoop2.html there you go man. :)

I found that the MH looks to have compromised the bike for a better looking soldier mode as the bike looks to low, but it has a nicer finish over the CM's and I'm more likly to display these in soldier mode anyway, just have to wait and see.

It's not "perfect transformation" that draws me to the CMs, I'm well aware that there is no such thing for ride armor. But it IS the multitudes of pieces that have to be removed for MegaHouse's that turns me off. I watch that video and all I can think is "I'd never, ever want to transform this thing". Otherwise it looks great, although the bike mode kind of gives off a Pow-Pow-Powerwheels vibe.

By PT I mean the bike itself remains mostly intact. and actually linart wise the for arms still technically remain attached to the bike during transformation through the front shocks though this fact is rarely represented. The amount of part removal and re arrangment the MH has is a turn off considering it requires even more part rearranging and removal than the old gakken to make the transformation work.

Ditto, looks like I'll be picking Megahouse over CM.

Looks like alot of work for transformation, but I don't transform my stuff that often, so it'll stay in certain modes for months.

Still debating the Legioss though.

Edited by Chowser

To me, the MH one at least looks sturdy. Even in the video, the guy didn't have trouble getting it to stand on its own and the parts/joints didn't look loose at all. I don't care that it's not a perfect transformation (would have been nice, but I like the look of the final product in armor mode most anyway). I'll be keeping him in armor mode mostly anyway and I really don't think the proportions in bike mode are all that bad.

I love you. ^_^

After watching this, I a m more than happy with the MH version. The clicky sounds sold me on it :rolleyes: . I used to own the Gakken RA, and it was one of my favorites as a kid. The MH looks like it can stand on it's own, and achieve some cool poses.

Ditto. I can live with the parts swapping but i'm just abit concerned on the handlebars and the handlebar guards being removed. The handlebars especially are small pieces of plastic and easily misplaced/lost if not careful.

Question though, where DO the handlebarguards go if it was perfect transformation? Are they supposed to become the shoulderpads?

Is no one gonna answer my question about the CM's coming with little black stands like pictured earlier in this topic??? :ph34r:

I don't have time to look but i'm pretty sure there's a picture of exactly what's in the box from the various galleries and there's been complaints about the fact the stand is a plastic twig. This would lead me to believe that the black stands don't come. IIRC someone also said that the hole for the stand conveniently fits some sort of Bandai stand. It would be my guess that that Bandai stand is the stand you are now asking about.

Edited by jenius

Huh. Both the CM's and the Megahouse have interesting elements to each. I do wish that the MH was a bit taller in bike mode. It kinda reminds me of what I must have looked like when I was attempting to ride tricycles on the playground back when I taught preschool. My kids always thought it was hilarious. :lol:

Where DO the handlebars on the MH go? I didn't see them reattached in the video.

Anyway, are there any model or prototype pictures of the Beagle? I feel like I don't want to make a final decision until after I've seen it. (And yes, I did see the renders back on page 20.)

Is no one gonna answer my question about the CM's coming with little black stands like pictured earlier in this topic??? :ph34r:

This would lead me to believe that the black stands don't come. IIRC someone also said that the hole for the stand conveniently fits some sort of Bandai stand. It would be my guess that that Bandai stand is the stand you are now asking about.

Black stand we've seen in the gallery was a bandai action base. It is said to fit perfectly.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950540

CM's comes with a green "stick" that attaches to the back (more like a sprue).

Edited by konimon

Anyone else get their CM's from HLJ today? Mine's sitting here patiently waiting to be ripped open when I get home.

Axelay- So far nothing of the Beagle has been shown aside from those renders. I don't think there is even much recent information in general about it.

Wonderfest is in three weeks so hopefully we might see more from Beagle then, but probably not untill closer to mid-year.

I don't suppose anyone knows the actual release date for the Megahouse? All I know is that it's this month sometime... I have high hopes ;)

Has anyone noticed on the MH that the windshield do not sit down behind the riders head instead it sticks up vertical. If you look at the MH in soldier mode you will see the windshield and the piece that it mounts to sticking straight up, it should fold forward and sit flat behind the riders head with the windshield sloping at about 40 degree angle sloping down from the back of the riders head to cover the instument panel. The old 1/15 model kit shows this perfectly as this is what I'm looking at. I don't know why the MH doesn't have that part just flip forward rathes than just stick up. No deal breaker for me but just something that jumped out at me when looking at the pic's this morning.