Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I'm sure it has been asked before...but I'll be happy to ask again...is there anyone out there with any sort of an idea when Beagle will be releasing theirs???

:ph34r:

Beagle will be out this Spring (tentatively heh).

their design will focus on armor cycle and figure proportion, and it will look compatible when the figure is riding on it (something like that lol).

Beagle's first release will be Stick's version only.

and yes, Megahouse's will provide a stand too (check the previous posts for HJ? scans), i think CM's stand is just a stick? pathetic.

Beagle will be out this Spring (tentatively heh).

their design will focus on armor cycle and figure proportion, and it will look compatible when the figure is riding on it (something like that lol).

Beagle's first release will be Stick's version only.

and yes, Megahouse's will provide a stand too (check the previous posts for HJ? scans), i think CM's stand is just a stick? pathetic.

Right right.....thanks for the answer mate. :ph34r:

i was just over on LAFtoys and its say the MH one is only 5"? :unsure:

is this true? only 5"? tell me it ain't so....

It aint so ^_^ Feel better now?

Funny... the smaller tyres on the MHouse is a no issue for me now, as the CM kinda puts me off with them being too big (in armour mode).

Of course seeing more side on shots and the CADs of the MHouse has really confimed my love for them.

btw the Beagle looks great, but the legs look too thin, i don't know maybe i'm wrong but i like the MHouse stocky legs.

Only cads for the beagle, be awesome to see how the beagle looks as a production sample! :)

I'm glad that I've never been very interested in stands. Typically I just see them as clutter. And honestly, if that really is the stand for the CMs, I looks very unobtrusive and functional. It does it's job and doesn't get in the way. Kudos, CM's. :)

Edited by eriku

I'm glad that I've never been very interested in stands. Typically I just see them as clutter. And honestly, if that really is the stand for the CMs, I looks very unobtrusive and functional. It does it's job and doesn't get in the way. Kudos, CM's. :)

I agree, stands are nice and all, but they certainly don't make the toy.

Yes, folks... the CM's is VERY FIDDLY.

Got my pair for 53USD each on Sunday here in Singapore. I love the detailed faces and the effort to make it perfect transformable, but in truth, you will probably have to remove the hip armor for easier access, etc.

I managed to break the tinted windshield on both bikes. The first was broken in box, the second I simply snapped off because the peg is just too delicate anyway. I glued both back and they're more secure now. (I believe from TIN's first pic that his windshield is also re-glued in place.)

I'm keeping these but already hoping for a more fun experience with the slightly larger MH version.

man o man, hearing this im like' so excited t o get these! ' and then ' oh crap i hope it doesn't tick me off too much ! '

hoping i dont have the resentment i felt towards the orguss palm actions after finding the fiddle factor too high, to happen with these.... =-(

Im looking forward to beagle pics, cuz 1/10 should be a sweet spot size wise, just about marvel legends figure size IMO

hoping i dont have the resentment i felt towards the orguss palm actions after finding the fiddle factor too high, to happen with these.... =-(

Wheras I'll be perfectly happy if they're like the Orguss Palm Action figure because I found those to be sturdy and not very fiddly.

Hopefully with the three or four different Ride Armors there will be one to please everyone.

Got my pair for 53USD each on Sunday here in Singapore. I love the detailed faces and the effort to make it perfect transformable, but in truth, you will probably have to remove the hip armor for easier access, etc.

I managed to break the tinted windshield on both bikes. The first was broken in box, the second I simply snapped off because the peg is just too delicate anyway. I glued both back and they're more secure now. (I believe from TIN's first pic that his windshield is also re-glued in place.)

I'm keeping these but already hoping for a more fun experience with the slightly larger MH version.

thanks for the report, i'm glad i skip these.

i eagerly await the MH review and i really hope its better than the CM one.

Shame to hear that the windshields broke - glad you got 'em fixed. But man, that would annoy me ...

:mellow:

Wheras I'll be perfectly happy if they're like the Orguss Palm Action figure because I found those to be sturdy and not very fiddly.

Hopefully with the three or four different Ride Armors there will be one to please everyone.

heh, must be just me and my clunky fingers then ;-)

Im deadset looking forward to having every variant regardless!

Thanks for posting all these pics. You can see all the screw holes better when it is posed at all kinds of angles.

Will be getting these! Pricey, but I don't think I will actually break them since I don't play with my toys much. (Left my banpresto valks for about 2 years without touching them)

Any other reviewers of them got a comment to say about these? Are the joints stiff?

I'm just so glad that toys for this show are coming out.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hi guys,

I saw the Rey and Stick type at a hobby shop today, but couldn't tell which is which, as the box designs are almost identical. Does anyone know how to distinguish the two? Thanks.

Edited by Ivan

Hi guys,

I saw the Rey and Stick type at a hobby shop today, but couldn't tell which is which, as the box designs are almost identical. Does anyone know how to differentiate the two? Thanks.

For those who can't decipher the moonspeak, the box with the RED stripe is STICK TYPE... BLUE stripe for LEY TYPE. Text for both are also printed in corresponding colors.

For those who can't decipher the moonspeak, the box with the RED stripe is STICK TYPE... BLUE stripe for LEY TYPE. Text for both are also printed in corresponding colors.

Thanks, man.

Here is a link to ride armor pics:

http://pony-hp4.web.infoseek.co.jp/MOS2.htm

As DND spotted, front fork + arm armor parts are just not right... Reviewer had put those parts together forcefully with tape.

Also in a previous post, wind shield comes in wrong size. It can be fixed but not without weakening the part.

Left and right joint parts inside upper leg armors are swapped and are difficult to take apart.

Following are more Mospeada owner rants I've collected so far:

Steering parts are upside down...

Most parts are as loose as Bandai GFF.

Screws that hold wheel diecast parts become loose easily.

Shoulder armor pin won't fit without excessive force.

Targeting scope parts won't go in all the way, so it remains too high.

Stick(no pun intended) stand part is a joke, although it happens to use the same pin size as Bandai action base.

Here is a link to ride armor pics:

http://pony-hp4.web.infoseek.co.jp/MOS2.htm

As DND spotted, front fork + arm armor parts are just not right... Reviewer had put those parts together forcefully with tape.

Also in a previous post, wind shield comes in wrong size. It can be fixed but not without weakening the part.

Left and right joint parts inside upper leg armors are swapped and are difficult to take apart.

Following are more Mospeada owner rants I've collected so far:

Steering parts are upside down...

Most parts are as loose as Bandai GFF.

Screws that hold wheel diecast parts become loose easily.

Shoulder armor pin won't fit without excessive force.

Targeting scope parts won't go in all the way, so it remains too high.

Stick(no pun intended) stand part is a joke, although it happens to use the same pin size as Bandai action base.

not good to hear at all.

its totally retarded they didn't take into consideration the other arm weapons when the designed it.

totally off topic

you're in BK, i'm in manhattan, what up!

now back to your regular scheduled programming.

It's so strange the the CMS Ride Armor and CMS Legioss/Tread are the opposite ends of the spectrum. The Ride Armor has a pretty darned good sculpt and accurate transformation for a pretty challenging subject. Yet it seems cheaply made and appears to be delicate and fiddly. The Legioss is the exact opposite, with bizarre deviations in transformation and yet looks solidly built. It's like CMS is schizophrenic or something. We know they're related only because both are rediculously overpriced. If CMS used a better looking plastic and it wasn't as crumbly as it sounds, I think I'd actually pay 60 for these.