Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I got one of the CM's last week (Stick's), and I like it. But it definitely doesn't feel like a toy. It reminds me A LOT of the transformable 1/12 IMAI model kit but in a toy-ized version (I'd even say they based this toy on that model kit)

It IS very fragile, and it appears that it's made just for display purposes (although the plastic coloring contradicts this statement) - note: the """stand""" that it comes with is a piece of sh.... but it looks very nice in the Bandai stands that someone was talking about before (and they're cheap).

Let's see how Megahouse's and Beagle's ride armors turn out

That does look a bit silly. Does the pole need to be shoved up his ass for him to stand or can he stand on his own two feet?

I can get mine to stand by itself. The post pegs into the 'backpack' area for extra support because the toy is a bit back-heavy. It's not much of an issue to base the toy as a whole on because it does what it's supposed to do and it's basically an extra.

Now I just can't wait for my MH's to arrive for they will be AWESOME (I think...I mean I hope). I am just hoping that they are not as "fragile" as the CM's. I don't believe they will be though after watching the video.

:ph34r:

THANKS misterryno!

From the video, other than it not being 'perfect transformation' it looks pretty doggone good to me. And slightly bigger than the CMs, no?

It does seem to be a little bit larger than the CM's and a little less "fragile". I mean it is an 1/15 scale instead of a 1/18 scale so it should be larger. I was looking on the LAFtoys site where I ordered mine and it says that the figure will be 5 inches tall. Which is larger than the CM's. That alone makes me happy.

I am not sure how everyone missed this vid though. Ruskii posted it quite a while back. Well.....it took me FOREVER to find it last night as I scanned ALL the pages. I am happy though that I found it....I wanted to watch it again so I could reassure myself of getting it.

And misterryno- Can I claim dibs on your MH if you don't like them? :p

Ummmmm SURE!!! I prob. won't give the same deal on them as I did with the CM's though. I lost out on around 27 bones on that one. But hey....I REALLY REALLY did not like them so I didn't care that much.

Ummmmm SURE!!! I prob. won't give the same deal on them as I did with the CM's though. I lost out on around 27 bones on that one. But hey....I REALLY REALLY did not like them so I didn't care that much.

I was kidding. :) I've got a Stig on order from BBTS so if I don't like it I can just return it.

I'll display it at the Macrossworld Con for you. I'm thinking we're gonna have a side display of Mospeada and some Aliens. But hopefully a bunch of Mospeada stuff. Hopefully someone bought the CMs Legioss and tlead... Eriku?

I'll display it at the Macrossworld Con for you. I'm thinking we're gonna have a side display of Mospeada and some Aliens. But hopefully a bunch of Mospeada stuff. Hopefully someone bought the CMs Legioss and tlead... Eriku?

Good.....at least one of us will get some good use out of them......BTW they are in the mail. I will PM you later with the DelCon #.....my fiance put them in the mail and has the receipt.

You seemed to get rid of them rather quickly.

How long did you have them before selling?

You seemed to get rid of them rather quickly.

How long did you have them before selling?

They sat in my office and then in my house packaged up for one day. Then the next night I opened them and then sold them that same night.

Someone over at ToyBoxDX has their Megahouse Ride Armor on the way and says they should get it by Monday, so it looks like we'll be seeing some reviews pretty soon!

As for Toynami...my prediction is September.

Someone over at ToyBoxDX has their Megahouse Ride Armor on the way and says they should get it by Monday, so it looks like we'll be seeing some reviews pretty soon!

Awesome. If it turns out to at least look as good as it does in it's photos I'll definitly take a set, but I'll still be glad I picked up the CMS even with its reported flaws. to have an almost perfect transformation ride armor in that scale is a dream come true for me.

yup,

but only some stores that sell the bikes will carry the decals.

so there's no guarantee that u can get it, even if u bought the first run. <_<:angry:

dunno why they like to make it so hard

too stupid.

looks like i might have to cancel my order too.

Can't wait to receive my CM's version, should be here tomorrow or next Monday. How tall is the figure combined with the armor? Any video review of it?

Didn't think I would, but I might buy the MH version as well depending on reviews.

Edited by Dr. Z

As for Toynami...my prediction is September.

Looks like it was the CMs sent by mistake. So still no MH on the way yet...