Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Damn. I had high hopes for Beagle's Mospeada too. I can't believe Beagle are even considering teaming up with Toynami whereas for distribution (meaning delay after delay), or engineering of the toy. I was happy and optimistic about this toy, now I'm scared and angry.

I wish HG and George Sohn got his paws off our licenses once and for all. I used to think that the guy had good intentions being also a fan and all that, now I'm not so sure. The MPC Alpha was a good attempt, but then he didn't bother to fix the reported problems on the other releases. And then came the Aoshima fiasco. I get the feeling that the guy is becoming a cynic very rapidly.

It's kind of sad that we went from 4 different companies making 4 completely different ride armors and now it's down to the autonomous CM's release and everything else gathered under the tattered Toynami umbrella. Like others have said though, if Toynami only distributes the Megahouse and Beagle toys and has NO input in design or manufacture, maybe things will be fine.

Honestly though I'm surprised that any Japanese companies would want to slip into bed with Toynami after the Aoshima fiasco. That's like knowing your friend's ex-girlfriend is a disease-ridden nutjob and then deciding to sleep with her anyway.

jeeez guys, why bash Mega House? Toynami is just shipping their toy to the US and putting it in a different box. If it sucks it won't be Toynami's fault, it will be Mega House's. I can already imagine all the anti-Toynami hate blaming all of MH's failings on Toynami. That's not to say some Toynami hate isn't always warranted, fun, and appreciated, it just might be misguided in this instance. As to what will happen with Beagle... well that might be something to have some Toynami hatred ready for.

It's a 'guilty by association' thing. :p Mostly what I meant was that I'm surprised any Japanese toy companies would want to do ANY kind of business with Toynami, even if it is just distribution. Rest assured though, if my Megahouse Ride Armor is a stinker then it's Megahouse that will get the stink-eye, not Toynami. Unless it takes 17 more months for it to be released because of Toynami, then both companies will get the stink-eye.

It's a 'guilty by association' thing. :p Mostly what I meant was that I'm surprised any Japanese toy companies would want to do ANY kind of business with Toynami, even if it is just distribution. Rest assured though, if my Megahouse Ride Armor is a stinker then it's Megahouse that will get the stink-eye, not Toynami. Unless it takes 17 more months for it to be released because of Toynami, then both companies will get the stink-eye.

This is what I'm goin with...I just want the large scale cyclone that's not a POS.

:ph34r:

jeeez guys, why bash Mega House? Toynami is just shipping their toy to the US and putting it in a different box. If it sucks it won't be Toynami's fault, it will be Mega House's. I can already imagine all the anti-Toynami hate blaming all of MH's failings on Toynami. That's not to say some Toynami hate isn't always warranted, fun, and appreciated, it just might be misguided in this instance. As to what will happen with Beagle... well that might be something to have some Toynami hatred ready for.

Wow... man... just give Toynami a chance... I'd like to give these companies a chance on their own, but having Toynami's hands even mixed in makes me nervous. As far as I know, anything with their imprint turns to crap. Especially when it comes to transforming toys.

I guess some people just love getting it from behind.

They should have Hasbro/Takara produce those toys. They know how to make transforming toys that work, that won't break and that are affordable.

HaHaHaHaHa :lol::lol: You're right on that one mate

Wow... man... just give Toynami a chance... I'd like to give these companies a chance on their own, but having Toynami's hands even mixed in makes me nervous. As far as I know, anything with their imprint turns to poo. Especially when it comes to transforming toys.

Amen brother.

Wow... man... just give Toynami a chance... I'd like to give these companies a chance on their own, but having Toynami's hands even mixed in makes me nervous. As far as I know, anything with their imprint turns to poo. Especially when it comes to transforming toys.

So you're more inclined to give Mega House carte blanch priviledge despite their own questionable reputation to blame Toynami for a toy they'll be shipping? Where exactly will Toynami's "imprint" be on this toy? on the box? If the box sucks you will have a very good point but, as I think we all know, the one thing toynami does exceedingly well is make boxes.

I guess some people just love to flame bait with their last sentences.

So you're more inclined to give Mega House carte blanch priviledge despite their own questionable reputation to blame Toynami for a toy they'll be shipping? Where exactly will Toynami's "imprint" be on this toy? on the box? If the box sucks you will have a very good point but, as I think we all know, the one thing toynami does exceedingly well is make boxes.

I guess some people just love to flame bait with their last sentences.

When I say "imprint" I mean their paws all over a toy they had no control over prior... jenius. And yes... I'd rather have a company that has limited to no track record make toys on their own than have a company with nothing with crap on their footprints get involved. I know that's an impossible thought for you since you're the John Lennon of "all we are saying is give Toynami a chance" camp. I'm sure whatever they churn out, it'll sit comfortably in your between 30-39 scale of buyability, while you turn around and sell it after your "review". I, as a collector, prefer to keep my toys, so the quality matter a little bit more to me.

Thanks Shun and danth; I'll skip Rey and get only Stick then. Rey is also my favourite character, but I think the MH version will cover that need. If I end up falling in love with the CM and want another, there's still the Yellow we saw pics of.

Even in just CAD form, the Beagle runs circles around the Toynami one. If they have to touch the Beagle design I hope they only screw around with the legs (they look kinda thin). Either way, if the Beagle was going slow, now things will take even longer.

wow EXO, you sure are taking this personaly. I dont like Toynami either, and wont be canceling my order from Megahouse as i am buying from Samurai Monkey, but still, i wouldnt be so rough on Jenius like that. You guys both make good points you know.

I take my ride armors personally.

Seriously though... I'm riled up because these toys aren't cheap. And it's really bad news when a company like Toynami mucks it up with delays and possible crappy quality. And you top that of with Toynami fanboys making excuses and pretending to know explanations, but the end result is always the same... toys that bite.

...Sayeth he who hath attempted to ridicule the MW toy haters elsewhere. Nice :)

Seriously though... I'm riled up because these toys aren't cheap. And it's really bad news when a company like Toynami mucks it up with delays and possible crappy quality. And you top that of with Toynami fanboys making excuses and pretending to know explanations, but the end result is always the same... toys that bite.

Your argument still makes no sense. Not once in the scope of our current conversation did I say "give Toynami a chance." I have said, and still say, give Mega House a chance. You're acting as if Toynami's agreeing to ship a toy to the US means they also get to send someone into the manufacturing plant to take craps in the boxes and nothing anywhere has implied anything more than distribution for these particular toys. Your ire when it comes to Beagle makes sense but here you're seemingly absolving Mega House of any ability to sin simply because they're allowing Toynami to ship the product to the states for them. If this toy sucks it's Mega House's fault. If this toy rocks it has nothing to do with Toynami suddenly developing a quality product. Think of them as SAL. I'm kind of surprised Toynami didn't break the windshield on your CMs ride armors while you were sleeping by the way you carry on.

Your argument still makes no sense. Not once in the scope of our current conversation did I say "give Toynami a chance." I have said, and still say, give Mega House a chance. You're acting as if Toynami's agreeing to ship a toy to the US means they also get to send someone into the manufacturing plant to take craps in the boxes and nothing anywhere has implied anything more than distribution for these particular toys. Your ire when it comes to Beagle makes sense but here you're seemingly absolving Mega House of any ability to sin simply because they're allowing Toynami to ship the product to the states for them. If this toy sucks it's Mega House's fault. If this toy rocks it has nothing to do with Toynami suddenly developing a quality product. Think of them as SAL. I'm kind of surprised Toynami didn't break the windshield on your CMs ride armors while you were sleeping by the way you carry on.

Woah, so your saying that you have to verbatim say "give Toynami a chance"? I think it's your argument that doesnt make any sense since it's you that replied to my post with something nonsensical such as "hey toynami makes good boxes" when I clearly stated was that I was unhappy about any Toynami involvement because their magic touch turns everything to crap. Simple as that! Don't come at me with your weird made up market analysis and Toynami strategies.

I'm kind of surprised Toynami didn't break the windshield on your CMs ride armors while you were sleeping by the way you carry on.

You and me both!

Okay, me: This is a Mega House product, blame Mega House if it sucks

You: Toynami is touching it, it will suck. You like butt sex.

Me: How? They're just putting Mega House's toy in a box and shipping it. You like to flame people.

You: Toynami sucks and you're saying that this toy is a Mega House toy means you support Toynami and want everyone here to do the same. You're claiming that this Ride Armor will still be made by Mega House and only distributed by Toynami is some fiction you've made up because you're a fan boy. Your website sucks.

Me: Uh, this is a Mega House toy... Toynami is just shipping it to the US.

You: Toynami sucks and their shipping it here will turn the toy to crap. You're making this all up.

So, your contribution is to say 'Toynami sucks' in response to my statement that this is a Mega House toy and any blame or praise rests with them. You seem to also be under the impression that I gave the interview to collectiondx instead of George Sohn. You haven't really contradicted anything I've said, you've just kept repeating 'Toynami sucks.' HOW will Toynami's shipping this product to the US make it suck? Also, where in this is my made up market analysis? If I had to guess, I would say I think what you mean to say is:

"I don't trust Toynami or George Sohn. I think they'll have more involvement with the Mega House toy than just shipping it to the US. Whatever that involvement is, I believe will make this toy suck."

Edited by jenius

Yet... after all that... guess what still has the straight facts, no matter where it was said or who says it... Toynami still sucks and I never stated YOU LIKED the butt sex, I said some people... :rolleyes:

And thanks for spelling it out for me. Seems kinda redundant but maybe it helps you get things straight.

And thanks for spelling it out for me.

No problem, I could tell you needed the help. If it makes you feel better, had you started with the sentences I eventually figured out you were trying to say, I might have actually agreed with you. It's not like Toynami has some great track record of sticking to anything they tell people in interviews. As it is though, having seen MH be so close to release without any Toynami involvement thus far (that anyone knew about), I'm going to be aiming all my praise or hatred at MH.

EDIT - There is a delay though, maybe all your fears will prove very well founded and we'll learn the delay was due to requests by Toynami!

Edited by jenius

No problem, I could tell you needed the help. If it makes you feel better, had you started with the sentences I eventually figured out you were trying to say, I might have actually agreed with you. It's not like Toynami has some great track record of sticking to anything they tell people in interviews. As it is though, having seen MH be so close to release without any Toynami involvement thus far (that anyone knew about), I'm going to be aiming all my praise or hatred at MH.

EDIT - There is a delay though, maybe all your fears will prove very well founded and we'll learn the delay was due to requests by Toynami!

It's not me that needs help there, you're the one with the Toynami blues, even after all the time they've left people down. Honestly, if by some miracle Toynami ever get anything right... I'd SING their praises. And as for figuring out what I was trying to say, it's not my fault you're a lot slow. I've only ever said one thing and you have to run around in circles trying to disprove and disagree by bringing up crap that doesn't matter only to agree at then end. Good luck to you getting your toys after your endless devotion to Toynami. Hope you get the Beta you always dreamed about, because that much blind faith should have some sort of return, even though at the end it's just cluelessness.

It's not me that needs help there, you're the one with the Toynami blues, even after all the time they've left people down. Honestly, if by some miracle Toynami ever get anything right... I'd SING their praises. And as for figuring out what I was trying to say, it's not my fault you're a lot slow. I've only ever said one thing and you have to run around in circles trying to disprove and disagree by bringing up crap that doesn't matter only to agree at then end. Good luck to you getting your toys after your endless devotion to Toynami. Hope you get the Beta you always dreamed about, because that much blind faith should have some sort of return, even though at the end it's just cluelessness.

I love how you're finding some statement here that drips positivity toward Toynami... I got an idea, why don't you try making a valid argument next time instead of letting me form one for you? What crap did I bring up that doesn't matter? What market analysis did I make up? Your contributions consist of bitching and moaning in the form of insults. Bring something to the table next time and maybe something will come from the conversation instead of circles.

Moderator, moderate thyself.

I'll admit I took it too far on the last one... but back to my original point... I sure as hell don't like The T's paws in this one. I was really impressed by the CAD drawings of the Beagle. If they can make that rider sit right on the bike, then they got themselves a winner.

My worries was that originally it was said that Aoshima was handling the Legioss manufacturing and then went it went south it was said in that thread that Toynami handled the manufacturing... I'm sure as hell afraid of the same thing happening here. Getting a good design and getting it taken to some cheap assembly line. I've been waiting for a good ride armor toy (and also a Legioss /Tlead Combination) for a long time. Ive since given up on the Legioss/Tlead (The CMS design was really disappinting) but had high hopes for the Ride Armor with all the different companies competing.

If the CMs was just in a bigger scale.....maybe toynami should have went with that and modified it to be bigger and stuff?

They already made their own "banpresto valks clone", so may as well do the same for the ride armor. :D I don't give a crap about it being part of some "masterpiece line". They should stop pretending the things they make are "worth 100000s of $ because they are oh so valuable and will grow in demand years from now because they are these rare gems that only rich people and diehard fanatics will ever bother to buy" when in fact most people will wait for the price to drop down and still not be happy with it but still want it due to desperation of there being nothing else to choose from on the market. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

...Sayeth he who hath attempted to ridicule the MW toy haters elsewhere. Nice :)

I've poked fun at MW toy haters HERE, so what's your point?

I've developed an aversion to Toynami's products because about 80% of the things I've bought from them have had terrible QC. How could that NOT make anyone wary of their products? I still buy some of their toys though, and I fully intend to buy more of their toys in the future if they get good reports.

Moderator, moderate thyself.

This makes me sad :( I was hoping for a Jello wrestling contest between these two at MW Con 08. ^_^

I'm just not sure who I would put my money on :ph34r:

Good luck to you getting your toys after your endless devotion to Toynami.

This, is totally unfounded. If anything, jenius is constantly harping about Toynami's poor QC, over complicated designs, and poor design decisions. Really, you should read some of his posts and reviews about Toynami.

For some reason you are under the misguided idea that you are the only person who reads both Macrossworld and Toybox DX.

....OK? What exactly makes you say that? I found ToyboxDX years ago through this forum because several people here also post there, under the same usernames and everything.

Edited by eriku