Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

those beagle drawings look good. The rider sits unawkwardly and look at the springs on the hydrolics. If it's anything like those illos, I might have to wait.

That megahouse video looks awesome! Thanks real one!

I'm kinda happy about the mospeada ride armors, I think they'll make up for all the failures all the Legioss turned out to be (except I'm not going to buy Toynami's cyclone version... what for? I need all the money for the other versions.. Hell, I might get dupes of the others before I even think about getting Toynami's.) :lol:

Wow! That's the ticket... just going by the CAD renders it looks like this 1/10 offering will be able to actually stradle the bike in a natural, realistic, way. Now all I want to know is when, how much, and by whom?

Edited by mechaninac

Did you guys see the pics and the video of the Megahouse Ride Armor? B))

Its on the same thread that Twoducks posted.

http://www.megahobby.jp/special/scoop2.html

I ordered the CM's but now I might wanna get these also. :ph34r:

The megahouse looks pretty, but all the part removal for the bike (yes I know the forearm panels are supposed to come off to attach to the arms, but I remember that even the old model managed to keep the hip armor on while transforming). Oh and when he yanks the poor riders head off to get the armor on, all I could think was Ouch! Still they look nice, they definitely seem optimized for the ride armor mode, while CM's seem optimized for people who like perfect transformation. I'll probably grab both eventually.

I really wish some one would do 1/12. I'd love to display a ride armor with my other 1/12 figures. Of course the ultimate ride armor would be 1/6. Maybe hot toys? Come on hot toys, you gave us a power loader, make me some ride armor!!!

Edited by GobotFool

i'm so sold on the MH ones, someone sign me up already.

i don't care if its PT or not, the toy itself look very well made and comes with tons of coll little accessories.

also, i'm sort of reconsidering the CMS ones. when you think about the old gakken ones that are around the same size and sell for around $50 with none of the features, it doesn't seem like such a bad deal for $60.

i'm still kind of on the fence with CMS but i'm definitely in on the MH ones as long as it doesn't have a legioss/tread price tag.

I can't remember if this ever came up in previous discussions of the ride armor design, but I remember how people were talking about how the leg guards are supposed to attach to the lower leg armor to facilitate the ride armors function as a suit of power armor. Did the forward suspension that attached to the arm guards remain attached in armor mode to help with the power armor aspect of the ride armor? From the drawings it looks like that is Beagle’s interpretation of the ride armor.

thank god i didn't like this show, those figures are freakin awesome. I had one of the old ride armors back in the 80's from a trip to japan. The "man" part lasted forever, but the bike didn't last even a week.

nostalgia wants to make me want these, but i can fight it this time.

Did you guys see the pics and the video of the Megahouse Ride Armor? B))

Its on the same thread that Twoducks posted.

http://www.megahobby.jp/special/scoop2.html

I ordered the CM's but now I might wanna get these also. :ph34r:

thanks! wow that's a nice update.

- the weapons set bonus campaign proof-of-purchase (i want the weapons set!! :( )

- we will have to build-up Rey's extra container parts (model-making... >.<)

- the detail-up decals are only for the first issues and only avail at some shops! great for detailing and customizing. I can see numbers belonging to other sub-characters and even a pair of shades?! OMG... someone gonna custom-make the colonel? :DB))

and what's with the "ET" decal? :huh:

[EDIT]: comes with a display stand so u can pose the ride armor in a flying pose, although it can stand by itself too.

Edited by Shun

* still don't know if the visor can pop up, hope it's not a myth,

* where's the carry packs for Rei?

* no mint. (exclusive no doubt).

FULLY SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the carry packs? the container accessories? they're shown in the pic above the decals pic.

yes, u will have to build them yourself. =X

I thought for a moment that we were seeing another ride armour by another manufacturer :lol:

I'm really liking those CAD picks. And it looks like it'll be perfect transformation (won’t the hip parts limit mobility if they do hook up with the boots like the CAD suggests?).

Wish Beagle started with Lancer or Houquet instead of the Stick/Rey type, that would mean instant buy for me. I’m already going for a Stick CM and a Rey MH.

The MH has a lot of part removing but still looks great.

Can anyone here in the know confirm if it is remotely possible for a "perfect transformation" Ride Armour?

Let's clear this up, coz ppl are starting to bit$h.

Shun, yeah i saw it after re-looking the page, i'm not worried about making it myself, infact that's cool in my books. :):D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wow, the video of the MH was awasome, so glad i am getting both characters. I do hope that the beagle wont be much much much better than the megahouse though. I would only be getting from one company prefereably, and the size of the MH seems perfect as it must be smaller than my 1/48 valks.

Wow, the video of the MH was awasome, so glad i am getting both characters. I do hope that the beagle wont be much much much better than the megahouse though. I would only be getting from one company prefereably, and the size of the MH seems perfect as it must be smaller than my 1/48 valks.

The old Gakken is about 1/8 I think, so the beagle at 1/10 should be smaller by a good bit.

Edited by GobotFool

Great video of the MH cyclone - although, I didn't realize that much stuff comes off the toy during transformation. Whoa.

:wacko:

And am I reading right: the CM cyclone is perfect transformation?? Meaning nothing comes off??

Great video of the MH cyclone - although, I didn't realize that much stuff comes off the toy during transformation. Whoa.

:wacko:

And am I reading right: the CM cyclone is perfect transformation?? Meaning nothing comes off??

allegedly it is. No one has seen pictures of the transformation though.