Your Top Anime/Sci-fi Tank

Ratchet

Like myk, I really like many of the Think Tanks from the Ghost In The Shell movies and series. I especially like the Standard Light Weight Tank (Crab Tank) in the GITS feature film, the Tachikomas and the HAW206 (Scorpion Tank) seen in GITS-SAC 1st Gig.

CLICK HERE FOR LARGER VERSION

HAW206_-_GitS.jpg

I also really like the Patlabor future tanks, like the HAL X-10 and the AFL-98 Lhada.

Edited by Mr March

I've always liked the AFL-98 Lhada from the Patlabor 2 movie. A real-life version - as impractical, expensive and fragile as it may end up being - seems not too far-fetched, much like a lot of the designs from the Patlabor films (I've not seen/followed the TV series in comparison). Those designs have always struck me as very realistic, which is what makes 'em so dang cool for me...

afl-98.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Just to be contrary, I'll go with the AIFV from Southern Cross. The cool thing about the design is it and the C3I vehicle are the same basic chassis (kinda like how Germany was developing the MRAV <Multi-Role Armored Vehicle>), meaning you can build alot of them and use the same basic parts across the platforms.

MontgomeryAIFV02.jpg

MontgomeryAIFV04.jpg

MontgomeryAIFV05.jpg

Though, to be fair, the C3I vehicle appears to use camouflage better than the AIFV....

EisenhowerC3ICommandCarrier03.jpg

Masamune's Tanks ROCK!

I always loved the Bonaparte from tank police, and the Fuchikomas - and the think tank...

Anyone know why it and the tank from metal slug are almost the same if not identical?

Anyone have pics of the other tank in the first ep of tank police that gets destroyed? that was sweet!!! Or the spider tank thing in tank police that is like the grand daddy of the think tank in GiTS?

If we're counting tanks from games, then I'm definitely going to say the Harkonnen Devastator from Dune II (and Dune 2000). Slow as molasses, but nearly unstoppable and with more firepower than anything else in the game. And if you manage to destroy one, you had better be a LONG way away from it 'cause it's going to leave quite a nasty hole in the world when it explodes.

A very close second would be the GDI Mammoth Tank from Command and Conquer.

There are many sci-fi tanks around Gun-Hed and it's enemy, Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor and so on.

I'd like add a couple though.

Hildolfr from MS Igloo and Bonaparte Tulcas from Dorvack.

post-4983-1190140128_thumb.jpg

post-4983-1190140133_thumb.jpg

post-4983-1190140143_thumb.jpg

Edited by konimon