LIVE ACTION ROBOTECH (WB gets the rights)

UN Spacy

*snip*

You don't get it, as usual. The only people that will have ANY say in a future for the Southern Cross designs are Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko. Given the ambivalence of the Japanese towards the series, any new iteration would have to come from Harmony Gold.

ok, i don't know where that "angry" Southern Cross respose came from, but i sure as hell never mentioned anything about Southern Cross.

i was simply expressing my dismay on what seemed like original(?) artwork & the talent behind it being wasted on the likes of HG.

i was under the impression that the pics posted were original designs. because... well... they don't look like Southern Cross designs to me.

i too, shall sigh.

*le sigh*

Just use the designs from mospeada already geez...

Just modernise the edges the way kawamori modernised the vf-1 as the vf-0.

But make it so that the beta fighter isn't a beta fighter but something like the ghost booster where it is completely allowed to fly unmanned and act autonomously like the motoslave? Its role is as a transformable ghost drone and booster similar to the booster that the glaug uses when it is docked with it.

This way if the movie fails we get out legioss and tread toys. I could barely afford my CMs one. :(

• 4 weeks later...
soooo....

any updates on this yet..?

All they have is a script/screenplay-writer. They still need a director and producer to move this project in any direction (more importantly, a director). A movie can get a screenplay but sit in development hell for generations unless a director is hired. And even that's not a guarantee. So 2010 is a "best guess" estimate, provided they can find someone to helm this project by the end of the year.

Well the longer it sits on the bench the better as CGI will have moved on and we are less likley to get a film with Shadow Cronicles type cgi :( Im sure Warners have got someone like ILM linned up for the job.

Well the longer it sits on the bench the better as CGI will have moved on and we are less likley to get a film with Shadow Cronicles type cgi sad.gif Im sure Warners have got someone like ILM linned up for the job.

They could also go entirely the other direction to save on the budget....if technology for animation improves they could go for the older style cause it'd be cheaper and faster to make.

They could also go entirely the other direction to save on the budget....if technology for animation improves they could go for the older style cause it'd be cheaper and faster to make.

Or, it could go the complete opposite direction from that, and they attempt to make a movie using the biggest-budget, most advanced CGI possible.

Who knows?

I'll be very surprised if this project doesn't languish in development hell for a few years before fading into obscurity, like ADV's Evangelion movie. I think it'll need someone actually important in the movie biz (sorry, Tobey... you don't count) to get excited about it for it to get any backing... like Spielberg on Transformers.

I pray this movie NEVER gets made.

Don't worry, the movie is going to be like a BIG piece a poo anyway one way or another. And if the movie is indeed a flop (which I am sure at 99%), only the name "Robotech" will suffer. Not the legendary name "Macross".

Don't worry, the movie is going to be like a BIG piece a poo anyway one way or another. And if the movie is indeed a flop (which I am sure at 99%), only the name "Robotech" will suffer. Not the legendary name "Macross".

oh please, let you be correct

Dude, sing a different Minmay song, that one belongs to me.

To be in looooooooooove...

Must be the greatest feeling, that a girl can feeeel...

I'll be very surprised if this project doesn't languish in development hell for a few years before fading into obscurity, like ADV's Evangelion movie. I think it'll need someone actually important in the movie biz (sorry, Tobey... you don't count) to get excited about it for it to get any backing... like Spielberg on Transformers.

I dunno. Tobey McGuire is, if not exactly Hollywood Royalty, at least someone with a few serious blockbusters on his resumé.

At least, he pulls more weight than, say, the ADV guys or the HG guys.

So yeah, not big enough to make this movie and damn the consequences! But not so small that there's no chance in hell.

Which leaves us in the same precarious position we were in before...I just hope no big-name director is willing to take it on. Or that, if it must get made, it becomes one of those pet projects that ends up taking twenty years to make...

Here's a big name director for you.

Uwe Bolle. :) Robotech and Uwe Bolle deserve each other.

Addition for clarification: I think both Robotech and Uwe Bolle are steaming piles of crap. Uwe Bolle would certainly sink a Robotech movie if he directed it. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

uwe boll..

i dunno..he did direct both bloodrayne movies, alone in the dark, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale and the upcoming Far Cry movie..

but i dont think he can go sci-fi...

NO NO!!

A robotech movie must be made in robotech fashion...

They are going to redub Hamlet in Jive, then re-edit Army of Darkness to be the sequel.

Dude, sing a different Minmay song, that one belongs to me.

I don't remember one.. If it helps you I will credit you every time I sing it. You and Reba West.

Here's a better idea for a live-action Robotech:

Why not employ the director and production team that did the film

? At least HG will save a ton on production costs.

holy hell...

do you realize that would mean total ruin for the movie?

and we haven't even considered meddling from the local government/entertainment royalty! that's astounding failure in the making!

I approve of this idea 100% !

or yeah, they could just re-dub Resiklo. ( the transforming robots will be in the sequel :ph34r: )

:lol:

It's actually very sad that HG is still clinging to an 80's cartoon that was a complete fluke and are trying to milk it with no result

Yeh, didn't they say the same thing about Transformers and G.I. Joe...

YES!!! Brilliant idea!! and see the Robotech name tarnished beyond redemption for all eternity. i LIKE it already! :D

hahaha...

i watched that movie...its made where im from..it was great, i mean for our countries standards..

but live action robotech...make it here in the phils.? i dunno..

At least HG will save a ton on production costs.

Harmony Gold isn't making this movie, Warner Brothers is.

It's actually very sad that HG is still clinging to an 80's cartoon that was a complete fluke and are trying to milk it with no result

Actually, I'd say the results were pretty favorable for them. By demonstrating the success of the original series and Shadow Chronicles on DVD, they were able to generate enough interest to sell the movie rights to a production company that, in turn, got the interest of a major studio. Whether or not this movie gets made, Harmony Gold still got paid for the option to make it.