Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Too bad they didn't couldn't make things a bit more retro. The pilots and uniformed people are fine, but the marines and flight crews look too modern. It would have been nice if they gave them a WWII-look to those guys. It would be nice if they made the flight crews wear the old olive-drabs than the highlighter jumpsuits. Like these guys working in the background.

reiter_p51_crew.jpg

If the marines were wearing Vietnam-era olive drabs with a FAMAS, then that would have felt retro. I'm a nitpicker, sorry. I can hear RDM now saying there wasn't enough money....

Most of the Uniforms did seem different, with alittle TOS flare to them. The main thing I didn't like though, was the Viper MKVII flight patch!!!! But flight suites really don't look all that different now than they did id Nam, and in the minisode they seemed to be different with the Vest thingy and what looks like an old school tunic underneath. Also, deckhands and such really haven't changed all that much since Vietnam....mainly they just use Camo now and that was a fairly rescent change. :) I agree about the Marines though, it would have been a nice touch.

P.S. what is the photo from?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Also, I found the terrified screems from the Columbia very chilling. This was a FRAKING awesome episode 2 minutes or not. Am I alone, in wanting to see more from this Era? I'd love to see another miniseries or even series that would take place during the Cylon War.

Chris

Also, anyone else notice the TOS music being used in TNS style during the begining? Very cool!!!

Also, I found the terrified screems from the Columbia very chilling. This was a FRAKING awesome episode 2 minutes or not. Am I alone, in wanting to see more from this Era? I'd love to see another miniseries or even series that would take place during the Cylon War.

Chris

Also, anyone else notice the TOS music being used in TNS style during the begining? Very cool!!!

I'm with ya Dobber! I noticed the music straight away. I reaaaaaaaaaally want to see a miniseries on the original cylon war. Make it almost like a scifi WWII flat-top drama (reminscent of wing commander - but waaaaaaaaaaaay better - yes i know wing commander sucked but the style was ok)

edit - and yes, the screams were quite chilling.

Edited by vermillion01

I'm with ya Dobber! I noticed the music straight away. I reaaaaaaaaaally want to see a miniseries on the original cylon war. Make it almost like a scifi WWII flat-top drama (reminscent of wing commander - but waaaaaaaaaaaay better - yes i know wing commander sucked but the style was ok)

edit - and yes, the screams were quite chilling.

The screams were chilling, but I'm a bit disappointed overall. I may be wrong, but I would think an explosion and destruction like that would've knocked out just about every system on the ship. No more signals, yo.

A bunch of my friends have bought some grey muscle-tees and racerback tanks. I've got a jacket that's close enought to the blue uniform, so I'll put some gold plastic accents and either print or buy a patch for the shoulder. There'll probably be about 5 of us in toto.

Got my shipping confirmation from Amazon yesterday!! Can't wait. Anyone know if Bear is doing the music for the Razor flashbacks? I really hope he'll release some of these ques...particularly the TOS fight music from the last episode, if he is doing it.

Chris

I can't believe you guys aren't talking about the latest razor mini-sode at sci-fi.com. Some pretty fantastic aerial viper vs. classic cylon action. I could almost say it's probably of some of the best dog fighting of the whole series. If the Caprica spin off was gonna be like this, I would totally be in for it.

I can't believe you guys aren't talking about the latest razor mini-sode at sci-fi.com. Some pretty fantastic aerial viper vs. classic cylon action. I could almost say it's probably of some of the best dog fighting of the whole series. If the Caprica spin off was gonna be like this, I would totally be in for it.

You must be a "nugget"...... check back a couple 'o' pages.... we had a quick discussion on fri. / sat. apart from "HOLY FRAK!!! THAT WAS AWSOME! " there isnt much to say... its hard to completely disect a 2 1/2 min episode in detail.

I know some of ya know most of this but I thought I'd post this anyway:

Fans who have been waiting since March for new episodes of “Battlestar Galactica” are going to have to wait a little longer.

The Los Angeles Times now reports that “Galactica’s” fourth and final season, long expected to begin in January, won’t commence until April.

This would finally explain why the series’ 3rd season DVD set won’t be out till April!

Still up in the air is whether or not we’ll have to wait until 2009 to see the series’ final episodes.

The Times also reveals that series mastermind Ron Moore plans to make his directorial debut on one of “Galactica’s” last 10 episodes.

I know some of ya know most of this but I thought I'd post this anyway:

Fans who have been waiting since March for new episodes of “Battlestar Galactica” are going to have to wait a little longer.

The Los Angeles Times now reports that “Galactica’s” fourth and final season, long expected to begin in January, won’t commence until April.

This would finally explain why the series’ 3rd season DVD set won’t be out till April!

Still up in the air is whether or not we’ll have to wait until 2009 to see the series’ final episodes.

The Times also reveals that series mastermind Ron Moore plans to make his directorial debut on one of “Galactica’s” last 10 episodes.

What is wrong with SciFi? Honestly, it's like they just keep trying to run this show into the ground. Quite frankly I'll be GLAD when Battlestar is done because then their station will have no exclusive shows of any value. This is just disgusting.

As much as I love this show, I'm also starting to feel that way too. Just so I won't be getting jerked around like this anymore. If the show really is not comming back til April, it would make even MORE sense to at least release the DVD's now instead of later. They really are alienating their own fanbase by screwing us over....AGAIN!!!! I really don't by the " The DVD extra's are holding up the R1 release" bit either. It's been how long now since the end of S3 and yet DVD extra's still haven't been made...yeah right! Plus, as I said before, none of the other R1 DVD sets had anything NEW as an extra, just stuff that you could already see on sci-fi. <_<

Chris

Edited by Dobber