Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Just watched the Razor DVD, very good movie. I missed most of the last season but Razor jump started me back on the series. It's a very hard-core and well-paced movie with good editing...no slow sections at all, just one good scene to another. The back story on the Pegasus and crew's action post-Cylon attack were great. Sucked to be the Pegasus' XO!

Just watched the Razor DVD, very good movie. I missed most of the last season but Razor jump started me back on the series. It's a very hard-core and well-paced movie with good editing...no slow sections at all, just one good scene to another. The back story on the Pegasus and crew's action post-Cylon attack were great. Sucked to be the Pegasus' XO!

Yeah, I thought that was an amazing moment when we saw that mental switch click in Admiral Caine's brain and all the humor and life just died in her and all that was left was a ruthless machine bent on revenge.

March '08, I believe. And remember this final season is supposed to stretch into '09.

Meanwhile, I'm reading Grace Park's '05 Maxim spread and she's talking about how they had to seriously edit her sex scene with Helo because she was moaning too much and totally grinding into Tahmoh (Helo). Hot stuff....

March '08, I believe. And remember this final season is supposed to stretch into '09.

Meanwhile, I'm reading Grace Park's '05 Maxim spread and she's talking about how they had to seriously edit her sex scene with Helo because she was moaning too much and totally grinding into Tahmoh (Helo). Hot stuff....

I like the part where they couldn't figure out what to do with the neoprene discretion sheet that wardrobe gave them... :blink:

I'm ashamed to say it, but "I" don't get the neoprene thing. What was she supposed to do with it? Place it between each other? I thought the same thing she did: placing it on the ground to lie on top of? IDK, lol...

Edited by myk

I'm ashamed to say it, but "I" don't get the neoprene thing. What was she supposed to do with it? Place it between each other? Hmm...

yeah, they were supposed to place it between themselves... so "helo" really had a topless grace park grinding on top of him. :drool:

You know someone told me that boy is royalty-specifically a member of some royal Canadian family or something? So here he is, a prince, with a naked, moaning, grinding Grace park on top of him...Lucky indeed...

so apparantly the new season 1 HD set is less than stellar. Booo.

Was it just another one of those, "encode it on HD just for the sake of having it on HD" type of deals, where the quality isn't any better than standard DVD?

Was it just another one of those, "encode it on HD just for the sake of having it on HD" type of deals, where the quality isn't any better than standard DVD?

supposedly a mixed bag. Some parts had more noise than SD and some things, like the uniforms and the ships looked better. The HD audio is supposed to be very good though. My set is coming from amazon today, so I'll put up a mini review.

I hope for all the HD buffs that it is better. It's such a sellout when the distributors just put it on HD or Blueray coz it'll sell more copies.

I hope for all the HD buffs that it is better. It's such a sellout when the distributors just put it on HD or Blueray coz it'll sell more copies.

That's the problem with the HD craze these days: look around for reviews and whatnot and you'll find that some titles were just transfered to HD or Blu just for the sake of having them on that format. This reminds me of the time they transfered Macross Plus to dvd but the quality from VHS was debatable if non-existent...

I don't know what to say about the video on the BSG HD-DVD ... the "film grain" is really inconsistent, some scenes it looks like there isn't a stable pixel on the screen. The whole screen is just crawling with static, the problem is that the static consists of light and ark flashes and in other shots the graininess is conveyed much more convincingly. the opening sequence where the colony negotiator meets the Six for the first time is particularly bad. The bronze colored walls are practically alive with static and it's really distracting. Some of the shots of the characters walking around in their blue uniforms are pretty bad as well. Sometimes the level of static jumps considerably during the same shot.

edit:: And then sometimes, the static/grain just disapears. Flat out GONE. wtf?

It's just messy and sloppy work. BSG really deserved better than this.

Edited by eugimon

I don't know what to say about the video on the BSG HD-DVD ... the "film grain" is really inconsistent, some scenes it looks like there isn't a stable pixel on the screen. The whole screen is just crawling with static, the problem is that the static consists of light and ark flashes and in other shots the graininess is conveyed much more convincingly. the opening sequence where the colony negotiator meets the Six for the first time is particularly bad. The bronze colored walls are practically alive with static and it's really distracting. Some of the shots of the characters walking around in their blue uniforms are pretty bad as well. Sometimes the level of static jumps considerably during the same shot.

edit:: And then sometimes, the static/grain just disapears. Flat out GONE. wtf?

It's just messy and sloppy work. BSG really deserved better than this.

My normal DVDs are like that. Especially in the beginning of the miniseries as you mentioned.