Battlestar Galactica Discussion

I really don't by the " The DVD extra's are holding up the R1 release" bit either. It's been how long now since the end of S3 and yet DVD extra's still haven't been made...yeah right! Plus, as I said before, none of the other R1 DVD sets had anything NEW as an extra, just stuff that you could already see on sci-fi. <_<

Chris

That's not why. They always release a DVD set a few weeks before the new season. It's a lame maketing ploy.

Yeah, but the UK has had Season 3 on DVD since September 3rd, so that kind of throws that explanation out the window.

Have you seen the list of extras on our (UK) release? its sucks! i'd rather have to wait and get a better stacked box set. i mean we didnt even get the 'resistance' webisodes!

Yeah, they calim it is to pump people up for the upcomming season, which again is just stupid! The show already has it's core audience,if they want to get new viewers they need to have the show out there on DVD so new viewers have time to catch up, while the old viewers can just enjoy the show that they already love. Not this wait over a year BS!!!!!! I know I'm just preaching to the chior here, but this is just getting really annoiying.

Chris

Yeah, they calim it is to pump people up for the upcomming season, which again is just stupid! The show already has it's core audience,if they want to get new viewers they need to have the show out there on DVD so new viewers have time to catch up, while the old viewers can just enjoy the show that they already love. Not this wait over a year BS!!!!!! I know I'm just preaching to the chior here, but this is just getting really annoiying.

Chris

just think of the sci-fi channel as the "yamato" of tv channels. They're delivering a product that no one else is, so you should just be happy and accept it. Afterall, what would you rather have, shiny new BSG or old and crappy?

lets just hope the extra wait will allow for more post production effects (funded via Razor sales) to make a truly memorable event (not that it wasnt going to be already) filled with the best space battles ever seen on TV or film. I feel like once Galactica has passed a benchmark will have been set that few (if any) will ever better. I will be truly sad to see such a great show go. *is listening to some of slower sad tracks on the s3 soundtrack... sniff... sniff... wipes tear from eye* :unsure:

The show already has it's core audience,if they want to get new viewers they need to have the show out there on DVD so new viewers have time to catch up, while the old viewers can just enjoy the show that they already love.

Chris

Now this I think would've been a good marketing ploy ^_^ !

Have you seen the list of extras on our (UK) release? its sucks! i'd rather have to wait and get a better stacked box set. i mean we didnt even get the 'resistance' webisodes!

Eh, I rarely ever look at the extras on any DVD I buy, except maybe for bloopers and deleted scenes.

If they want to stack it, they should release a bare-bones version for people like me right away and then take their sweet old time with the uber-edition.

Eh, I rarely ever look at the extras on any DVD I buy, except maybe for bloopers and deleted scenes.

If they want to stack it, they should release a bare-bones version for people like me right away and then take their sweet old time with the uber-edition.

Again they complain about Torrents etc and then they just feed the people just enough to encorage the very thing they would rather they didnt do.

Dumb asses I`ll just get the U.S version It`s bound to be cheaper then the U.K one anyhow.

I was shocked to receive an update from BBTS mentioning that the 13.5" Cylon Centurion is in stock in very limited number. Majestic Studios, by all reports, is officially done for, so I quickly snagged one of these:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

If you're into 1/6 scale figures, now may be the only chance to find one of these without resorting to scalper prices!

If anyone wants I`ll do the same for 1 and 2.

I'd like that if it isn't too much trouble for you. :)

Here's a nice interview with some pictures of the old school Cylons. May contain spoilers.

http://www.galactica.tv/battlestar-galacti...-interview.html

EDIT AGAIN: Found this on Battlestar wiki. Spoilers for sure.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Razor_Flashback

Edited by meh_cd

Cinemas in the New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Dallas and Seattle markets will be holding free Nov. 12 screenings of “Battlestar Galactica: Razor,” almost two weeks before the movie hits the SciFi Channel.

"Battlestar Galactica: Razor" hits SciFi Nov. 24.

The extended, unrated edition of "Razor" hits shelves Dec. 4.

the full Razor movie / episode is available for *ahem* download at some *ahem* torrent sites.... but i wouldnt recommend getting it as its *ahem* illegal and all.

(its great!) :ph34r:

*cough* *cough*

On another note, I tried that xbox live Galactica game and it's terrible. :(

the full Razor movie / episode is available for *ahem* download at some *ahem* torrent sites.... but i wouldnt recommend getting it as its *ahem* illegal and all.

(its great!) :ph34r:

I glanced over the movie. It looks good. Now I need to find a 1.5 hour block of time to actually watch the movie...