Battlestar Galactica Discussion

It's there now! Yay!!!!

Oh and the Peter Griffin comment is refering to the show Family Guy. Peter starts his own TV station an one of his shows is all about side boobs...including his own!

Chris

Part 2 Preview:

Adam visits Galactica's ALSE shop to get his helmet reinspected since he dropped it.

Will there be a European edition of Razor like there was for Dune?...more than a side view.

Edited by Fly4victory

Those utter W*nkers at scifi channel are blocking anyone outside the US/canada from viewing the mini-sodes on their site.... UK residents cant watch it on a direct stream... *gets angry.. clicks fingers for keyboard battle* didnt want to go the 'naughty' hack route but they leave me no choice.. time for ip address trickery.

No offense, but where is all this stuff your guys are discussing located?

Here you go MrMarch: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/razor/

These are mini webisodes, only about 2 minutes long each. The first one was released last night. These are filler typ things that lead into Razor....giving us more background. These will not be shown in the actual broadcast of Razor, but will be either edited into or included with Razors DVD release which is just a few weeks after it's broadcast. The DVD will have more footage than the broadcast version because the later had time constraints.

Sci-fi also did this with the Resistance webisodes which lead up to the S3 premiere. You can probably still find them at the Sci-fi site. Just kind of more info on what was happening on New Capricabefore the season started, shows motivations of certain characters and why they do or did what they did. Personally, makes me feel kind of bad for Jammer.

Chris

Ok.. tried the ipblock thing and it still wont have it! I'm soooooooo aNgRY AT SCIFI for this... they know damn well that they will not be showing these on UK TV (even though Season 1 was shown here before anywhere else) or anywhere else for that matter, so i cant see the point in blocking people from viewing them online - its just plain stoopid :wacko:

Now i have to wait for a half decent one to appear as a torrent and D/L it... YES I WILL ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THEM BECAUSE YOU (SCIFI CHANNEL) ARE UTTER FASCIST MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Phew.. i feel a little better now. Anyone else like to join me in a quick rant?

Ok.. tried the ipblock thing and it still wont have it! I'm soooooooo aNgRY AT SCIFI for this... they know damn well that they will not be showing these on UK TV (even though Season 1 was shown here before anywhere else) or anywhere else for that matter, so i cant see the point in blocking people from viewing them online - its just plain stoopid :wacko:

Now i have to wait for a half decent one to appear as a torrent and D/L it... YES I WILL ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THEM BECAUSE YOU (SCIFI CHANNEL) ARE UTTER FASCIST MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Well, considering that I don't get House or Heroes in my country, I do feel your pain...

It's amazing that in the 21st century there are companies that still believe in market segmentation, whether for legal or commercial reasons.

Well, considering that I don't get House or Heroes in my country, I do feel your pain...

It's amazing that in the 21st century there are companies that still believe in market segmentation, whether for legal or commercial reasons.

Vermillion, pointed out that this AMERICAN show was shown elsewhere first and we still don't even have a release date for S3 on DVD. I do feel you pain and agree with the stupidity of this segmentation, however, the US is also getting the screw job with this show too. Look back a few pages about the difference in dvd release times. R2 is regularly released well before the R1 release.

Chris

I bought the Comic Con Titanium 3 pack off HasbroToyShop the other day. I had a 25% coupon + free shipping so it was only $14.99. I couldn't pass that up. Anyway, it arrived the other day and the Galactica is painted black! Strange. Still, it looks nice in the box and that's where it'll stay since I have all of them loose already from their original releases.

Vermillion, pointed out that this AMERICAN show was shown elsewhere first and we still don't even have a release date for S3 on DVD. I do feel you pain and agree with the stupidity of this segmentation, however, the US is also getting the screw job with this show too. Look back a few pages about the difference in dvd release times. R2 is regularly released well before the R1 release.

Chris

Fair point Chris.. we have had the S3 dvd box for a while.. but whats the betting that the region 1 box gets more extras.

I just dont se the point of restricting online acces to something that will never be aired outside the continental US.

Edited by vermillion01

Fair point Chris.. we have had the S3 dvd box for a while.. but whats the betting that the region 1 box gets more extras.

I just dont se the point of restricting online acces to something that will never be aired outside the continental US.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you, it sucks that they are doing that. Lord knows I hated having to wait to see S1 or get DVDs when our friends across the pond where already enjoying the Battlestar goodness ^_^ . I remember hating it and feel bad for thoughs who are getting it now....and yes the R1 DVD's do have more extra's but they aren't anything new, just the online content, podcasts for commentaries, battlestar specials like The Story so far. Nothing new, but yes more.

Chris

yeah, the seemingly random descisions on content for dvd's between regions always gets my blood boiling.. I really feel for those in countries whose networks do not even schedule shows like BSG or Heroes etc, and the stupid fact that downloading a torrent of said shows in said country is till considered illegal (althought these shows will never be broadcast in those countries). I now start to wonder when we in the UK will see the Razor dvd.

Here you go MrMarch: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/razor/

These are mini webisodes, only about 2 minutes long each. The first one was released last night. These are filler typ things that lead into Razor....giving us more background. These will not be shown in the actual broadcast of Razor, but will be either edited into or included with Razors DVD release which is just a few weeks after it's broadcast. The DVD will have more footage than the broadcast version because the later had time constraints.

Sci-fi also did this with the Resistance webisodes which lead up to the S3 premiere. You can probably still find them at the Sci-fi site. Just kind of more info on what was happening on New Capricabefore the season started, shows motivations of certain characters and why they do or did what they did. Personally, makes me feel kind of bad for Jammer.

Chris

Wow. I've seen none of them. I hope I can catch them all on DVD.

The website you've linked looks interesting, but that video isn't working for me. Says it's not available from my location (Toronto, Canada). Guess I miss out on this too.

ANyway, thanks for the link and the info.

You're preaching to the choir here, my friend. We're anime fans. Availability has been our burden to bear all our lives as fans (especially as Macross fans) :)

The whole thing just invites people to download torrents and bootleg DVDs.

One thing that really bugs me in th eU.K is this need to split a series dvd set into two box sets they did it with Lost and now with Heroes among others.

The U.S and Canada got one box of the whole series and the U.K gets two. The prices are screwed too the U.K set costs roughly twice that of the U.S one and you only get half the episodes.

The U.K sucks mostly.

Even my favorite torrent TV site hasnt got it http://www.eztvefnet.org/index.php

Anyone know of a U.S based online proxy server

Edited by big F

Hi Mr F, Since i'm in the isle of man, i'm even more screwed than you (on the mainland)!. I found a pretty rough copy on demonoid.com but like i said its kinda rough. piratebay, torrentspy, nor isohunt have it yet either. I too am disgusted by split season dvd releases.. its just a greedy, crap thing to do. I am concerned about our Razor release.. will we even get the extended cut? will we even get it before xmas? who knows.

The whole thing just invites people to download torrents and bootleg DVDs.

One thing that really bugs me in th eU.K is this need to split a series dvd set into two box sets they did it with Lost and now with Heroes among others.

The U.S and Canada got one box of the whole series and the U.K gets two. The prices are screwed too the U.K set costs roughly twice that of the U.S one and you only get half the episodes.

The U.K sucks mostly.

Even my favorite torrent TV site hasnt got it http://www.eztvefnet.org/index.php

Anyone know of a U.S based online proxy server

Season 2 was split up into 2.0 and 2.5, if that is what you mean.

Oh didnt know you culd get it split in the U.S too. My friend is a regular Visitor to Canada and he got it in one complete box set for less than the half set available in the U.K.

Now when ever he goes he has a list of DVDs to get for people :)

Edited by big F

Oh didnt know you culd get it split in the U.S too. My friend is a regular Visitor to Canada and he got it in one complete box set for less than the half set available in the U.K.

Now when ever he goes he has a list of DVDs to get for people :)

Really? I'm not sure if the US ever got a full season 2 box set. Perhaps someone else will know for sure.

Looks like Canada wins again.

Really? I'm not sure if the US ever got a full season 2 box set. Perhaps someone else will know for sure.

Looks like Canada wins again.

Some places have specials to get both for a smaller price ($50) than individually ($35 each), but I never saw a full season set.

I'm just getting into buying the DVDs, but it looks like Season 1 is complete while Season 2 is still split in the Canadian release as well. I have seen many places offering both Season 2 sets bundled in a complete package that is nearly the same price as Season 1, but they are still separate. The only difference I believe is that the Canadian release of the second season was delayed until the second season finished airing in Canada (April 2006).

These are pretty cool videos too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65fkB72S-1A&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMicGjw-Gs

I really like the begining and end of the 2nd video. They are nothing new just nice fan made videos to get us pumped for the show again!! ;)

Chris

May the Lords of Kobol look well upon you.

Thanks Chris

No problem ;)

Now, if the US could only get the 3rd season on DVD!!!!!LOL

Chris

Edited by Dobber

May the Lords of Kobol look well upon you.

Thanks Chris

Ditto

That link wants you to prove your over 18 or register, I just looked for alternative vids of the same :)

Edited by big F

You do?? I'm not registered and can see it fine. Although, my work computer won't let me access it through the link, but I can still just go to you tube an search for Razor Flashback and it comes up just fine....not sure what the problem is.... :blink:

Chris

You do?? I'm not registered and can see it fine. Although, my work computer won't let me access it through the link, but I can still just go to you tube an search for Razor Flashback and it comes up just fine....not sure what the problem is.... :blink:

Chris

Prolly a U.K thing it knows Im not suposed to see it....