Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Just more indications of a fate or universal significance that lies beyond being a mere human, a Viper pilot in the Colonial Navy. Meanwhile, Lee is still sitting there, clueless as ever with a dumbfounded look on his face...

Agreed myk, that episode (and podcast) went way out of the way to emphasize her 'destiny' for it just to be a Cylon plot, remember: "You're not Leoben." "I never said I was." I just hope she doesn't go 2001 Starchild-evolutionary-being on us :ph34r:

cobywan: Actually you do hear her voice both radioed and clear over the wireless: "Don't freak out, it really is me" and then clearly: "I'm going to take us there." But her Viper is very much brand new. The companion says that they designed a 'Thirteenth Colony' Viper for her to be in, but they wanted her appearance more amibguous, so she was given a normal, clean Viper.

Agreed myk, that episode (and podcast) went way out of the way to emphasize her 'destiny' for it just to be a Cylon plot, remember: "You're not Leoben." "I never said I was." I just hope she doesn't go 2001 Starchild-evolutionary-being on us :ph34r:

cobywan: Actually you do hear her voice both radioed and clear over the wireless: "Don't freak out, it really is me" and then clearly: "I'm going to take us there." But her Viper is very much brand new. The companion says that they designed a 'Thirteenth Colony' Viper for her to be in, but they wanted her appearance more amibguous, so she was given a normal, clean Viper.

The companion? Am I missing out on something?

Did you notice that her Viper is pristine white and that her voice did not sound like it was coming over the wireless?

Official word is she's isn't some mystical force or a figment of anyone's imagination. She's fully alive and real.

Whoa, that gives away quite a bit about the nature of the Thirteenth Colony. Obviously they are as advanced as the Colonials then. Wow.

There's been speculation even with the original series that the 13th colony was settled during the prehistoric period on Earth and the ancient cultures were derivatives of colonial cultures, which is why the original had so many mythical references.

Though my personal favorite is that they colonized Mars and when the planet faced a cataclysmic event they were forced to flee to the Earth much like the colonials had to with only the clothes on their backs and without usable starships and industry they had to rebuild from scratch.

After some drining, some friends and I discussed the possibility that the Cylons are a built in "release valve" for humanity when it gets too big and stagnates. So this really HAS all happened before. Colonies get too large, Cylons kick in and destroy most of humanity, "forcing" (aka- steering) a small remnant along a pre-set path to a new home.

It's way out there, but it could work.

Okay, now this is just frakkin' weird :blink: .........

I saw that color of the Viper and a really white version also at Frank & Sons, I haven't seen it at retail. Do you know where they are popping up at ?

Yeah, someone hyopthesized earlier that Tigh, Tyrol, etc. were replaced by the Final Five. Yet what's to say that there hasn't been a specific genetic code set to go off when certain criteria are met. A genetic code that is passed down from generation to generation?

It's all frakked up. That's why I love this show.

Myself, my wife, and the friend that we got into BSG are now totally involved in the friday dinner/viewing party so that we are all caught up for Season 4. It's awesome.

Now if only my wife and our friend (a girl) would get naked. That would rock! :D

I've also heard that they (the five) are different from the 7 by that they are immortal but there is only one of each model at a time at a time. So either they don't physically die and just continue on...ala highlander...or they live, die and then are remborn/downloaded to pretty much start all over again kind of like what The white drew carey said.

Wouldn't it be Frakked up if Ellen Tigh was the last of the 5!!! After rewatching the 1st season the really did leave alot about her a mystery ie, how she survived the holocaust and what the results of her cylon test was.

I really hope that if the last season does get split in 2 with the last 10 episodes not being shown till 2009, that we get more movie type things like Razor and the original mini series. I'd really like to se more about the original cylon war.

Oh yeah, and for those that care or have speculated on why Galactica has the ribbed look, some have said that she had most of her armor removed because she was being decomissioned rather than just being designed to look the way she looks.....it looks like the galactica being shown during the war still looks like the G we all know and love. So I guess that settles that. ^_^

Chris

The theory of the stripped armor came from an article that wasn't based off of studio input. It never had armor removed.

I'm with you on that Cobywan, I just remember people, always insisting that she had the Armor stripped. Just figured I'd put that baby to bed so to speek. ;)

I've also been waiting for the damn thing to show up on scifi's web site!!!!!! I want to see damn it.

Chris

I'm sure i heard that about the armour somewhere too. I like the idea.. it makes perfect sense that as the Galactica was in its final few hours of active service, the ship was stripped of most of its armour... hell even a launch bay was turned into a gift shop! It may not be lore from the writers but its a damn fine idea... now back to the BSG site to check on that "mini-sode"....

I'm sure i heard that about the armour somewhere too. I like the idea.. it makes perfect sense that as the Galactica was in its final few hours of active service, the ship was stripped of most of its armour... hell even a launch bay was turned into a gift shop! It may not be lore from the writers but its a damn fine idea... now back to the BSG site to check on that "mini-sode"....

They had the ribbed Galactica in the Razor flashback tonite. ^_^ ( Thank god for my DVR, fast fowarding through Flash Gorden was HORRIBLE) :angry:

Edit: you guys didn't miss much. Just a great shot of the Galactica, and some side boob ^_^

Edited by Necron_99

Isn't it from the first issue of the magazine? I hated that idea. I absolutely love how it looks right now.

Yes it was, and I agree with you. G looks just the way she should. ^_^

Chris

That stripped armor makes no sense to me at all. I'm glad it's fanon and not official. The Galactica takes a pounding in the series, which it could never hope to survive if it's armor had been removed. Hell, the thing takes a nuke in the miniseries; quite impossible to survive without some kind of REALLY powerful armor.

That stripped armor makes no sense to me at all. I'm glad it's fanon and not official. The Galactica takes a pounding in the series, which it could never hope to survive if it's armor had been removed. Hell, the thing takes a nuke in the miniseries; quite impossible to survive without some kind of REALLY powerful armor.

Very good point sir... i just liked the idea of a fresh out of the shipyard slightly bigger shiny Galactica... but the ribbed design is pretty much perfect.

(and still no minisode up on the officail site!!! WTF!?!?!? :angry: )