Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Well, it's just not possible to watch everything. That's the tragedy of it all. I try to keep up with film, and to a lesser extent television on DVD, but some things are missed. Sadly, a remake of a sci-fi show I really hated was low on the list of priorities :(

But at least I finally did get around to giving the mini-series a shot last year and now I'm determined to go through all the seasons in the next month or two. I prefer to watch series this way, since I don't watch television.

Besides, would you prefer I watch more television or post more updates to the M3? :):lol:

Edited by Mr March

Ok, you got us all there.. M3 updates is good. In a way you're lucky you're not completly up to date with Galcatica as you would have to endure the pain that is the wait between seasons.. not to mention the silly 10 week break they take (in the US) mid season... thats a killer! After the S4 finale, I nearly died.. could kinda see it coming, but it still hit me with a ten ton hammer!

Edited by vermillion01

"Ok, you got us all there.. M3 updates is good. In a way you're lucky you're not completly up to date with Galcatica as you would have to endure the pain that is the wait between seasons.. not to mention the silly 10 week break they take (in the US) mid season... thats a killer! After the S4 finale, I nearly died.. could kinda see it coming, but it still hit me with a ten ton hammer!"

Season 4 finale? Season 4 hasn't aired yet or do you know something we don't?:)

As for Adama starting the war or even having a hand in it....HE may think he did because he had a guilty consious over Bulldog, but it would have been impossible for that instance to cause the Cylons to attack. Logistically, the time it took to get all of their "skin jobs" in place, like Six, Boomer, Doral ect., probably took years not to mention the planning and reconasance stages. I just found Adama's thinking that a bit weak. Just my opinion though.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Oh Mr March, the things you are in for....I envy you. Just wait for the BEAST!!!!!

I've been rewatching the series myself, almost done S1 again. It's sad looking at some of the old familiar faces that are now gone. Won't spoil anything for you, just it's interesting watching this show from the beginaing again and you go..."oh yeah, I forgot about so and so"...or " Oh yeah, I liked that person" kinda makes you realize how many have been lost.

Chris

"Ok, you got us all there.. M3 updates is good. In a way you're lucky you're not completly up to date with Galcatica as you would have to endure the pain that is the wait between seasons.. not to mention the silly 10 week break they take (in the US) mid season... thats a killer! After the S4 finale, I nearly died.. could kinda see it coming, but it still hit me with a ten ton hammer!"

Season 4 finale? Season 4 hasn't aired yet or do you know something we don't?:)

As for Adama starting the war or even having a hand in it....HE may think he did because he had a guilty consious over Bulldog, but it would have been impossible for that instance to cause the Cylons to attack. Logistically, the time it took to get all of their "skin jobs" in place, like Six, Boomer, Doral ect., probably took years not to mention the planning and reconasance stages. I just found Adama's thinking that a bit weak. Just my opinion though.

Chris

Um... sorry i of course meant season 3! i'm just too excited about S4, even tho its gonns be split over 2 frakkin years!!!!! Grrrrr *angry man* oh well roll on Razor (even tho michelle forbes' char. is evil and sux)

And I agree with you Dobber on the Adama thing.. its not really his fault but the episode suggested his involement was only very minor.. (just answering someone elses question) I always liked the way the opening title number changed as poeple died and babies were born. The attention to detail is great. U got a favourate episode? I'm all about exodus parts1+2... and of course the S3 finale (its not actually that episode that shook me, its remembering the journey to that point and how those charcters lives have changedduring their journey).

Edited by vermillion01

Oh Mr March, the things you are in for....I envy you. Just wait for the BEAST!!!!!

I've been rewatching the series myself, almost done S1 again. It's sad looking at some of the old familiar faces that are now gone. Won't spoil anything for you, just it's interesting watching this show from the beginaing again and you go..."oh yeah, I forgot about so and so"...or " Oh yeah, I liked that person" kinda makes you realize how many have been lost.

Chris

I'm in the same boat. my wife and I, including our friend, Heather, who we got into BSG, are going to watch all of the seasons before 4 starts. My wife even planned out our viewing schedule, timing 2-part episodes and multiple story-arc episodes to be shown together, if possible. She also timed it so that we watch Razor right when the Beast shows up.

No problem Vermillion01, I know you weren't indicating Adama, but just quoting the episode ;). As for favorite episode.....not sure.....lets see. 33 comes to mind...the very first episode (which is strange because "usually" first season episodes for a show aren't always that good because the show hasn't found it's legs yet) but 33 was just damn good. Kobols Last Gleaming part 1 I also really liked particularly the scene with Baltar basically talking Sharon into killing herself...wow. Loved Six's face when you here the gun shot, almost like she couldn't believe that Baltar could ACTUALY make a Cylon try to do it. I also liked Six degree's because it was so much diffent then the rest of the show, a little more light hearted then the rest of the series. REALLY like Flight of the Pheonix and Resurection ship pt's 1 and 2. I think the battle effects in Res pt 2 are some of the best in the series. Also gotta agree with you on Exodius parts 1 and 2 also some of the best effects seen in the show. Gotta love the bellyflop!!! And finally the S3 finale Lee's speach is really impressive and I think anyone would be hard pressed not to find him an Honorable character after that speach. So those would top my list many others are really really good with only a few that I felt were so so. And yes the Beast is the Nickname of said thing in said episode. Bucket is the other ones nickname. They were mentioned in Captains Hand...also an episode I really liked.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Gotcha. Thanks.. we here in the U.K. dont always get up to date on the Galactica slang.. I almost forgot about resurrection ship.. that was a stunner! The "bellyflop" is an amazing scene, but its hotdog's line (and tone) thats the clincher in that scene...

"this will be .... interesting". Its the end of that episode i love.. nearly cried. (i'm a 29yr old wuss when it comes to things like that).

ooooh Razor cant come soon enough

Edited by vermillion01

It sounds like we are both big fans of that particular....thing. Hated watching it happen too. Looking forward to Razor!!

Chris

I have to fault my wife, though. She timed the viewing schedule for right after the 2-parter where we are introduced to the Beast. I though it ould be better to see Razor first, and the go into the 2-parter.

That's just my opinion, though. God, I love this show.

It is so surreal to see my Star Wars drawings show up in virtually every starship comparison chart on the internet. In particular, it seems my Super Star Destroyer is the defacto side profile for the craft. They sure have made the rounds :)

Thanks for posting these BSG pictures! This stuff is fantastic!

It is so surreal to see my Star Wars drawings show up in virtually every starship comparison chart on the internet. In particular, it seems my Super Star Destroyer is the defacto side profile for the craft. They sure have made the rounds :)

Thanks for posting these BSG pictures! This stuff is fantastic!

thats your work in the comp. chart? Nice work Mr March! you never cease to amaze!

A very long time ago I made my first website about Starship Sizes and created drawings of all the ships. Most of them are small and inferior to the material available now (especially all the modern shows that just use side profiles of the actual CG model), but a few of them have never been surpassed, apparently. In this particular chart, the Super Star Destroyer and the Trade Federation Battleship are my drawings. A lot of other charts also use my Imperial/Imperator Star Destroyer drawing.

Btw, do pictures of the Cylon CG model exist?

I'm afraid i've never seen them (unfortunately). I tried contacting ZOIC for some images as i cant find them either, but i have never had a reply. If you should find any decent ones, gimme a shout.

EDIT - took out a spoiler ( sorry mate)

Edited by vermillion01

As much as i love the original Galactica, the new one far surpasses it. Its funny that they have a site dedicated to the new show where they have obviously gone out of their way to find and make images, only to slate it! I just dont get some people!?! :wacko:

Yes the old show was great in its day, in a kind of cheesey, rose tinted glasses kind of way. It brought up some very engaging issues at the time and broke new ground in a lot of ares, but wht the new show does is incredible!

(SPOILER ALERT - MR MARCH... DO NOT READ ON!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!)

Take the first couple of episodes of S3 for example, you have suicide bombings, fascism, euthanasia to name only a few rough topics. at the time of airing, with the state of the world and what was (and still is) going on in the far east, i thought is was pretty daring, i in the show, we on the almost jihad quest against out oppressors! wow... role reversals... controversial much?

thanks for the pics

Mr March you talented guy.

*spelling*

Well, I think people mostly use my three Star Wars drawings because nothing better or comparable has been released officially. Part of the reason I created a drawing of the Super Star Destroyer is because all the official drawings were terribly wrong in scale, proportion and design. I'm not saying my Super Star Destroyer is perfect (I know there are several flaws), but it is far more accurate than anything else I've seen.

My old website has been offline for about 7 years now, but the SSD, ISD and Trade Federation ship drawings of mine keep floating around the net :)