This new Motoslave isn't to scale with the Hardsuits released a couple of years ago, which is utterly retarded.

Also there's actually four Motoslaves, the fourth type is the Heavy Motoslave which was used by Nene and Linna in episode 6. And a few more if you count some extra ones that were designed but never made it into the series.

thanks for clearing that up, and I agree, that is pretty retarded. Thankfully, I skipped those figures. <_<

In those pictures are some of those Atelier Sai and others new, cheaply shaped and painted, hardsuits with different colors? I don't understand. You get a hardsuit and a matching motoslave in the package?

Correct, you get a Hardsuit and Motoslave in each package. The Hardsuit figures are smaller than the Hardsuit figures that came out a few years ago.

ooo snap!

I do appreciate the fact that they still look good on the bikes too! they actually conform to the bike and look right, as opposed to some other bikes that are out at the moment lol.

VERY interested in these, but wondering, is there a pic that has something we can gauge its size against? i know its 1/15, but i like seeing it beside somthing i already own, so I can look at it and go 'hmmm, you should fit nicely my pretties... mwahhahaa' or 'crap, too small, pass...'

*heres hoping*

hmm, well, from the figures standpoint, the arms do look a bit stringy, and its not *quite* as nice looking as the Altier sai sp? but hey, at least for the price of what they still sell for i can get armour as well, that will look very spiffy in new paint work ( which i am prepared to do personally, it doesn't look like much to do really...)

but lets hope this is a leadup to having super boomers/voomers whatever u wish to call em! KEEN!

so any place to preorder theses for a good price and low shipping in the USA? =] im interested in getting one (or more if its really good) as i like how all theses 80's toys are being made.

Cheapest place I found so far is Image Anime at $57.99 before shipping. If you find a better deal, please let us all know.

actually if anything, to me they kinda look more matte, but i reckon its the exact same, just not over flashed =-)

still lookin nice =-)

ive got my pre order in at least, i DONT wanna miss em!

man just finished watching the 8 episodes of bubblegum crisis. wished they wouuld use the updated stuff they had near the end like the new bikes and some of the armors. but then there isnt too much of a difference. just hope down the line they dont come out with like version 2 with the new stuff.

i hope these are cool, cuz i always liked he series, but hope they arent too small =[

Guys, i had a question on the series for this show.

I have obtained both versions for this show to see what all the hype was about, as i just coudlnt remember if i saw this when i was younger or not. Actually, first i got 2043, and going through the first episode, and man i found it so boring. I said to myself, something i must be missing, how come people are digging this show so much, it must get better in the later shows, i hope. Then i said screw this, people must have meant only the original one, and i start watching it, and holy moly, right from the start, it's great, and i watched the whole first episode.

Now, next thing is, i am going to go through all episodes of 2033, but once i am done, i was thinking of giving another try at 2043. Is there a point in the later version where it gets good??? From which episode?

Thx in advance

The one with the 80s hairdos is the one you want to see. It's the one with the rock,metal music of course.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/encyclo...nime.php?id=201

I hope the police suit (was that called the k12?) and the suit that the vampire chic uses which thinks she's dead and tentacle rapes her, hopefully get done. (I think Priss probably has a lesbian relationship with her which we probably don't see in the anime - too bad she was just a robot)

There are some other animes that are spin-offs of BGC too, like "AD Police".

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah, BGC 2043 or whatever it's called was meh. The original was great. I didn't like how everything was clean, sleek, and bright in the updated tv series.

Plus the original had Kenichi Sonoda charcter designs. :D

Edited by Sumdumgai

Yeah I would say the original took inspiration from the terminator 1, blade runner, and aliens (look of the dobermans?) movies where everything was dark and dystopion and like batman the knight saber would work at nighttime. During the day they are ordinary people working in lingerie shop, as police, then at night they would become heroes using advanced suits to hunt boomers because the police are held back by crappier technology due to that same technology coming from the corrupt corporation that builds the rogue machines that go out of control in the first place. (our attachment to technology from the evil corporations who misuse it, makes us just as guilty in that case since we are making them rich and powerful to be able to push us around, so that even the police are powerless to protect innocent people)

Knight Sabers in a way are like the kids in the gundam who go independant from the government (who need to enter an arms race with other countries for power and then eventually become part of the problem) or the corrupt corporation (arms seller trying to profit from death and get rich): they follow only the noble principles of the knight which is concerned with protecting innocent people caught up in the corrupt world more than taking a side and "getting even" or exact vengeance. (since you can't trust anyone in a corrupt world where the good guys; in this case "police", are just as capable of doing bad as the bad guy)

Yes they are hypocrites for accepting jobs for money, (like how the police relies on Genom for its weapons so won't make too much a fuss to piss them off) but that money they make maintains the suits, repairs them, researches new way to improve on them to build better ones, so they can keep going. (the flicker of hope within a dark room)

I like that in the original they are not 100% clean and the world is dark like terminator 1 or blade runner. I think the newer one is too bright and optimistic, sort of like a kids show where there is definite good guys and bad guys. (i dunno astro boy, transformers, gi joe ect for example where you can never doubt the hero) I get that "kids show" vibe from the more bright take on new BGC which doesn't have those 80s science fiction influences. Maybe it's to do with the way it is coloured, or that there is just more shadow in BGC, but I think original BGC tries to make the boomer more like a monster from a horror movie which is something terrifying (like the cyborg from terminator after the skin is ripped off) that is missing from the newer BGC which lacks real horror. (which is more like "Totally Spies" or something lol)

BTW totally spies actually ripped off BGC in one episode that I remember seeing on tv. (not that I watch it, just that it comes on and I caught a glimpse of these suits they wear which are clones of the BGC suits. Don't ask what episode it was from but they definitely stole the design from BGC.)

Oh and I also think if they were to make a sequel to Mospeada they should copy the idea of a slimmer powered suit that can control a larger powered suit (more like the size of a power loader from aliens than a suit to be worn) like BGC.

Even macross is sorta going down this road with the EX Gear thing. The suit is required to control the giant robot.

Also I think the bike that transforms into a seperate robot/larger powered suit, is a better and more realistic design than the ride armor from mospeada because of the transformation. It's just too dangerous I think to jump off a cliff and expect all the bits of the bike to exactly line up to where your arms are flinging around and expect not to get killed. Instead the rider of the bike would 1) skillfully jump off the bike by flipping off or doing a boost assisted jump. 2) The bike would transform into the robot while the rider offers covering fire to the robot. 3) robot would walk to the rider acting on a command given by the rider to follow her. 4) the rider can enter the motoslave robot when heavier weapons are needed, or just continue to fight in the more agile suit for speed.

I think that is better than having parts fly all over the place in the air and magically stick to you as you transform. That way an inbit could be killed with a few shots regardless of whether it hit them in the eyeball. The bullet could penetrate the armor and they could kill groups of inbit with a motoslave sized machine.