I want a motoslave, but this thing in no way looks like a $70 toy. Makes me wish that Takara would get the license and produce it in their Microman line. Takara has a little experience making transforming toys, so I think they'd do an admirable job at a much, much more reasonable price. And, it wouldn't hurt for Yamato to have some friendly competition. To their credit, it's a good business strategy...make toys of somewhat obscure older anime, thereby monopolizing that particular market wherein any price can be affixed free of competition.

Takara, if you're reading this, please give this project to Alex Kubalsky...I'd love to see his version of the various Motoslaves.

So, are they better off selling this at a high price through limited distributors with little to no advertising, or lowering the price to a level that is attractive to retailers such as Target, Walmart, etc., bolstered by an advertising campaign, such as releasing the series on DVD with the usual updates, or creating commercials with new animation or CG action scenes? I'm just a dumb aircraft mechanic, but it seems to me the latter would net greater sales, awareness of product and product inspiration(whereby the animation distributor gets a boost in the market too), and a more global reputation for making affordable , well-executed toys based on older shows that enjoyed a fair bit of popularity back in their day, and are cult faves today.

after all my antici[ation about this toy, I might pass... unless I get a really good deal. With the list of stuff coming out, this gets pushed further and further down my priorities. If they would have made the motorcycle for the ateiler figure then I woulda jumped.

The red parts look very easy to disassemble so fixing the finish on them

should be easy as long as you remember to be patient and let it fully dry.

Just hit it with a thin black or brown wash to pick out the detail (or use a panel line marker).

Then mask the the signal lights, headlight, and seat parts. Then spay it with

a layer or three of gloss coat. Then after it has dried completly reassemble.

Problem solved.

B))

??? :blink: You have seen Bubblegum Crisis OVA 1, correct?

Yes I do and I have the artbook too. <_<

This toy doesn't give justice to the motoslave design. :angry:

Proportions are awfully wrong.

Edited by CAIN MKII

Remember folks, there were two models of Motorslave.

The 'Typhoon I' and 'Typhoon II' respectively:

I have to admit that Typhoon II design is so much cooler looking than the 1st one. Honestly I hope Yamato makes the second design as well. However the point still remains that the current Typhoon I from Yamato doesn't match the Priss figure because of the finish difference they look so oddly matched. Its like dropping steak into your apple pies.

I have to admit that Typhoon II design is so much cooler looking than the 1st one. Honestly I hope Yamato makes the second design as well. However the point still remains that the current Typhoon I from Yamato doesn't match the Priss figure because of the finish difference they look so oddly matched. Its like dropping steak into your apple pies.

I dont know. I kinda like the Typhoon I better but I would like to see Yamato make the II as well. Agreed about the gross difference between Priss and the Typhoon. She is painted and it is colored (and cheap looking) plastic. I would rather that they were both painted. Is Yamato going to do a whole Bubblegum Crisis Line or is this a one time deal?

Remember folks, there were two models of Motorslave.

The 'Typhoon I' and 'Typhoon II' respectively:

:huh: Actually there were three models.

The regular motoslave (the one Yamato is going to release)

The new motoslave dubbed Typhoon I (red one on the picture)

the Typhoon II (the blue one)

I will try to add some linearts scans soon.

Edited by CAIN MKII

The red parts look very easy to disassemble so fixing the finish on them

should be easy as long as you remember to be patient and let it fully dry.

Just hit it with a thin black or brown wash to pick out the detail (or use a panel line marker).

Then mask the the signal lights, headlight, and seat parts. Then spay it with

a layer or three of gloss coat. Then after it has dried completly reassemble.

Problem solved.

B))

Uh, having to pain a $70 to get it to look passable is inexcusable. It's a tiny toy for $70, the least they could do it make it look decent.

Edited by yellowlightman

you know at $50 bucks a pop for the Atelier figures, which I got 2 sets and this for $70... I'd say that my $500 BGC buys (if I even purchase this) is not a good investment. Screw scale... have them all be around 10 inches like the garland and 1/48.

do you mean re-releasing? All the suits came out two or so years ago.

This new Motoslave isn't to scale with the Hardsuits released a couple of years ago, which is utterly retarded.

Also there's actually four Motoslaves, the fourth type is the Heavy Motoslave which was used by Nene and Linna in episode 6. And a few more if you count some extra ones that were designed but never made it into the series.

There's going to be a hurricane tonight!!!! YAMATO I :wub: YOU!!!!! Nuff said!!!!

I hope you all survive the hurricane. Thanks for the photos. I really like the Linna Yamazaki one. I may have to get that. I like the Atelier Sai figures better though.

I hope you all survive the hurricane. Thanks for the photos. I really like the Linna Yamazaki one. I may have to get that. I like the Atelier Sai figures better though.

Thanks but it's a tittle of Priss song in Bubblegum Crisis, but it did feel like there was one yesterday while standing in line to get into Wonder Fest.

Thanks but it's a tittle of Priss song in Bubblegum Crisis, but it did feel like there was one yesterday while standing in line to get into Wonder Fest.

Hahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is very funny! I know that song. I did not get the reference. I am so gullible!