Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

If you watch Graham's videos, you'd see that he's anything but delicate with it. I felt afraid for the YF-19.

Whenever I transform it, I'm afraid that locking tab will chip the black paint off the fuselage... and yeah, now that I own one, I can't believe how deliberately graham handles his.

Oh man, can't wait to see mine. TMPanime shipped last Wednesday, and just found out that my order arrived at work yesterday. Our shipping/receiving didn't mention a word....so damn, I'll have to wait till next Tuesday to get it at the office.

It took me 8 months before transforming my VF-0S...I'm sure I'll marvel the YF-19 for a long time also before transforming it.

It was also confirmed that the Fold Booster & FAST Pack set will be released both separately and as a set together with the YF-19.

Damn, am I glad I waited for a second release. Now, when I order it, I'll get the FAST packed YF-19 and my gf get's a little something to play with while I'm drooling over the Valk. :ph34r:;)

the right should pad keeps falling off on my YF 19, doesany one else have this problem? and how did you solve it, if you did thats is.

Yeah...mine's like that. The fitting isn't good when the 2 sides of the shoulder pieces are glued together. There's no way to fix this, except keep the flap on the inside closer to the shoulder instead of pulling it out.

Yeah...mine's like that. The fitting isn't good when the 2 sides of the shoulder pieces are glued together. There's no way to fix this, except keep the flap on the inside closer to the shoulder instead of pulling it out.

So did mine. After awhile i stopped pulling them down. It wasnt worth the effort.

So did mine. After awhile i stopped pulling them down. It wasnt worth the effort.

Its bloody annoying :angry: and now i find stress marks where the nose folds down. I must be being too rough with it. :(

Its bloody annoying :angry: and now i find stress marks where the nose folds down. I must be being too rough with it. :(

Can you post some pics of the stress marks.

I'm not trying to start any scares its just good to

know what to look for when it comes to potential issues.

This maybe something that has to be addressed by Yamato.

Hopefully its just a fluke and like you said its cause your too rough

but then again better safe than sorry.

i am not that gentle with mine and other than a week left wing joint i haven't had many issues with mine. Hell even the gunpod wasnt that crooked. I am sure some of you would be worried about the way i handle mine but after seeing graham handle his i figure i was good. I am not the most delicate person when it comes to toys and i dont seem to have a lot of problems with them. Maybe that is the key in order to keep your toys in good shape u have to be kind of rough, lol, as if roughly handling keeps everything tight and in place, except for the wing joint.

i am not that gentle with mine and other than a week left wing joint i haven't had many issues with mine. Hell even the gunpod wasnt that crooked. I am sure some of you would be worried about the way i handle mine but after seeing graham handle his i figure i was good. I am not the most delicate person when it comes to toys and i dont seem to have a lot of problems with them. Maybe that is the key in order to keep your toys in good shape u have to be kind of rough, lol, as if roughly handling keeps everything tight and in place, except for the wing joint.

You mean in a "Spare the rod, spoil the child" kinda way?

:lol:

Can you post some pics of the stress marks.

I'm not trying to start any scares its just good to

know what to look for when it comes to potential issues.

This maybe something that has to be addressed by Yamato.

Hopefully its just a fluke and like you said its cause your too rough

but then again better safe than sorry.

I don't know how to upload pictures :o

I'm excited about the alternate 19 color schemes.

I'd be all over the blue-and-white Super Nova color scheme, or even better a Low Vis v1 or a Stealth color scheme... Oh hell yeah, the stealth color scheme would be awesome! :D

That minor stress mark doesnt look like anything to worry about, and the paint chip is easily repairable (with a black Sharpie marker if nothing else) so I wouldn't get too concerned.... continue to enjoy it.

In that vein, BBTS finally sent me my shippin notification... my YF-19 is officialy on its way!! I'm super-psyched.

That minor stress mark doesnt look like anything to worry about, and the paint chip is easily repairable (with a black Sharpie marker if nothing else) so I wouldn't get too concerned.... continue to enjoy it.

In that vein, BBTS finally sent me my shippin notification... my YF-19 is officialy on its way!! I'm super-psyched.

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow! :)

I'm a fighter-mode kind of guy myself, I may transform it, but I doubt it. :p I know it will look nice next to my VF-0S. :D

-Kyp

Man, that talk about repaints for the YF-19's got me confused. Should I go get one now or wait...hmmm

I'm thinking a low viz grey would be pretty awesome, just imagine a YF-19 in VF-11 or VF-0A colors! Not too sure how Kawamori custom colors would look like though... could it be a VF-1 paint scheme? All white with coloured highlights? Haha and maybe crooked skulls? :p

Err, don't mind my noobness, but how do the Super Nova Orange or Blue versions look like? Tried to search but couldn't find any pics :p

Remember that a super nova custom scheme was featured in wonderfestival for the YF-19 in fighter mode, in which the top area was blue/white and bottom area was white/orange. Low vis qould be kinda of cool but plain, a better alternative would be digital camo or egnima

The undersides of the wings are entirely blue or orange on the Super Nova schemes, along with the bottoms of the nacelles and intakes. Just FYI. They are actually more colorful underneath than above.

Also, since they are the test planes, they have extra test equipment on them. They are HIGHLY influenced by the F-15 test planes---both in configuration, paint schemes, and paint colors.

FYI, sharpie is purple and shiny on plastic and will stand out when applied to plastic. Probably one of those gunam paint markers would work better.

Ah, so that's what the Super Nova paint scheme looks like... thanks!

Orange looks good, but it doesn't really work for me though. Still deciding if I should get one now or wait for the low vis or kawamori paint sheme...

Yeah, besides the additonal nose pitot, noticed a tripod looking thingamagig on the shield of the orange Super Nova plane. Was looking at Graham's review again, doesn't look like there's any attachment points for the thing.

As much as I'd like to get a YF-19 right now, I'll wait for the second issue which will be bundled with the fast-pack/fold-booster combo. It'll be pricier, but will be a complete package and the YF-19 itself should have any fixes for minor issues with the first release. After that, I will be sorely tempted to get the low-vis version... I'm a sucker for real world paint schemes on sci-fi aircraft.

Edited by mechaninac

haha, i final got mine! though i did have to sneak into the bathroom and TF it since i'm at work. :D

so far its pretty cool but i almost had a heartattack when i had to split the fuselage open. :blink: other than that, the transformation was pretty straight forward and easy to figure out.

but really, splitting that fuselage is just too much for me. its has to get easier or something otherwise this thing is sitting in one mode months at a time and i'll have to take it apart screw by screw to TF it. its only nerve racking going from battroid to fighter and vise versa.

well back to the bathroom for me, i gotta TF it back and put it away before i get in trouble. :p

kind of a odd question but did anyone else 19 have scotch tape on it? namely on the 4 black circles right behind the head in battroid mode? and is there a reason for this?