Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

Wow, can't believe my Fighter to Battroid transformation video guide on Youtube has been viewed 560 times so far!

Graham

That was me. I couldn't get enough of your sexy brit accent.

:lol:

jk

really....

Graham, the soon to be hot celebrity of Youtube..waiting for your next demo of video of watever new that is going to be released. :blink:^_^

Graham's Guide to : How to "Fly Your Hand" (Fly it like Isamu)

:lol:

For those of us without the book, pictures would be great. :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

sorry, no scanner so I took some pictures. The first picture shows the back of the unadorned yf-19. the second shows it with fast packs and I tinted the area in question in blue.

Never saw it either. The blue parts must be completely underneath/inside the shoulder FAST armor in fighter mode, as you can clearly see the shoulder armor is all that's visible. Though that means---how the heck does it fit in fighter mode? That area of the YF-19 is already the most space-compromised of all, and requires massive anime magic---the new Yamato has the legs too tall and too low in fighter mode, just to make it half-way decent in battroid. SHE was better, but even it I don't think could accomodate this.

And now there's supposed to be room for another layer of parts, between the shoulders and legs in fighter mode with FAST packs?

I guess that won't go into the toy. Kawamori was probably thinking that that part was necessary for the fastpacks to stick to the side of the legs, just like the VF-1 fastpacks. With magnets, that part will not be needed. And how to fit that part there.... the shoulder fastpacks has to be really hollow.

Picture from page 25 for reference

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=39213

Edited by wolfx

Never saw it either. The blue parts must be completely underneath/inside the shoulder FAST armor in fighter mode, as you can clearly see the shoulder armor is all that's visible. Though that means---how the heck does it fit in fighter mode? That area of the YF-19 is already the most space-compromised of all, and requires massive anime magic---the new Yamato has the legs too tall and too low in fighter mode, just to make it half-way decent in battroid. SHE was better, but even it I don't think could accomodate this.

And now there's supposed to be room for another layer of parts, between the shoulders and legs in fighter mode with FAST packs?

it makes no sense. if you look at shoulder fast pack in the partial front view, it looks very much that the shoulder FP is NOT hollow. so there's no where for that rear calf armor piece to go. it's just wonky.

on 2nd look, I think kawamori put the rear calf piece in for aesthetics. without it, the side leg FP piece would either have a large expanse that diverged from the leg near the knee where the calf actually cuts in, or he would have to design the side armor with that odd shape in mind and make it look kinda funky. So my theory is it serves no purpose, other than as a cheat so kawamori could have his smooth oval shaped fast packs and not have an odd gap in the rear of the leg/calf.

Edited by eugimon

wow, i been out of the loop for a couple years now. im glad to see the progression of the new macross toys. wish i had the money to start collecting macross valkyries again but my damn bills keep me away from my first anime love. hopefully they'll make a new YF-21. I always liked that one more.

woot, picked up my yf-19 from twin moons today.. it's very nice, but man, the first time transforming the fuselage is a little nerve racking.

You say it... I got mine from HLJ a week ago and it took me about 3 heart attacks to finish transforming it to batdroid...

You say it... I got mine from HLJ a week ago and it took me about 3 heart attacks to finish transforming it to batdroid...

Okay.

So keep a defribrillator on hand when transforming the YF-19. Check.

Well it's D-Day today for those like me who preordered the YF-19 from BBTS. I really hope they get it today, though I'm not holding my breath on it since their yesterday's newsletter didn't mention anything on the YF-19 :(

If I'm lucky, they'll get their shipment in somewhere this spring.

Has anybody seen this set of supplemental instructions on Yamato's website?

Was looking around the customer service section from the link chowyunskinny posted somewhere else. I babel-fished it, doesn't make much sense to me seeing as I don't have a YF-19 (yet :p) but looks like instructions for the neck, canopy cover and the canards. Maybe you guys can make out what they're trying to say:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...02%2Findex.html

Has anybody seen this set of supplemental instructions on Yamato's website?

Was looking around the customer service section from the link chowyunskinny posted somewhere else. I babel-fished it, doesn't make much sense to me seeing as I don't have a YF-19 (yet :p) but looks like instructions for the neck, canopy cover and the canards. Maybe you guys can make out what they're trying to say:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...02%2Findex.html

Heya,

check page 24 of this thread, rikiryou translated it about halfway down the page

translated

haha that is too funny. i felt the same way tho.

Well thankyou. I remember when I use to be on here everyday like my life depended on it. I see a lot of familiar names and a whole bunch of new ones.

Now as for the YF 19, I hope you guys enjoy it. I never got to open or transform any of my YF 19s when I had them. In fact makes me wanna look for my DYRL and Macross Plus dvds just so I can reminisce about the good ol days.

Welcome back. Your sig tells me you've been away for a couple of years. :D

Maybe the boat sank...

Let's hope not.

EDIT: Well it appears the boat didn't sink because, BBTS.com has updated their page with IN STOCK for the YF-19. So I'll finally be getting mine in about 1 week. :D

Edited by Lonewolf

I was kinda' hoping it did. Man, $200-just like that... :o

hey guys! i'm a newbie to this forum so i just wanted to introduce myself. I have the YF-19 and in fighter mode the nose doesn't quite seem to click all the way. it has a slight gap in between the front canopy hinge and the glare shield. anybody else have this problem? should i try to exchange it for one that doesn't have this problem? any answers would be appreciated. thanx.

Hmmm, if I'm thinking this right (and Yamato's page has some pics on it), just push unlock the nose, then push down on the front canopy so it lies flat witht he surface. You'll see a little gray peg on the bottom, notice that the nose has a little hole for this peg to go in. Now just slot the nose back into place with the neck and have the peg inserted, it should lock up somewhat.

[attachmentid=39532]

[attachmentid=39533]

Also; I found that the neck(fuselage?) twin tabs had one of them slightly longer than the other, which hindered the unlocking process quite a bit. So sanding it down *slightly* to even them out actually helped. Oh, and I sanded it to the rear on a slant slightly too. Now it locks and slides out fine, rather than having to force the hell out of it.

post-1199-1168649735_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1168649742_thumb.jpg

Edited by rikiryou

And if you want the illustrated version of that tip from Yamato: http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_002/index.html It's the second one, just click through the 7 pics. Basically, close the canopy, then raise the nose, then raise the glareshield. That exact order is important.

PS--BBTS sent me an email that my YF-19 order is processing. :)

thanx guys for all ur help. i actually just had to give it a little more elbow grease to lock it up. i'm still too delicate with it because i don't want to force something and break it. damn thing costs a lot of money! hehe

YF-19 is processing! Comone on shipping!

Looks like it won't ship until next Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday and as of now on Friday evening, orders still haven't shipped. Is it too late to upgrade shipping while the order is "processing?"

Looks like it won't ship until next Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday and as of now on Friday evening, orders still haven't shipped. Is it too late to upgrade shipping while the order is "processing?"

As long as your order hasn't entered the warehouse you can make modifications to it.

thanx guys for all ur help. i actually just had to give it a little more elbow grease to lock it up. i'm still too delicate with it because i don't want to force something and break it. damn thing costs a lot of money! hehe

If you watch Graham's videos, you'd see that he's anything but delicate with it. I felt afraid for the YF-19.