The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

hmmm, I agree with dave, I don't like how the leg is bent to accomodate the leg fastpack... is this anime accurate? I always had the impression from the anime that the leg FP for the yf-19 was more like the FP for the vf-0?

but I don't get what the "wrapping around" part is in reference to, dave. the top part connected to the shoulder is the shoulder FP.

woah, new pics~ thanks for the heads up guys.

man... the fold booster is indeed a disappointment. Bah, that's it then... I'm not getting one unless it's dirt cheap.... because that's exactly how it looks.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but why is it also not parallel with the yf-19? it's tilted downward in the front...

AND what's up with ghost???? everything is painted so light... wtf? and I know it's not the camera or the lighting because everything else looks fine... damn that's light.... again... if the ghost is coming out with that paint job... I'm passing... the attachments definitely needs to be treated with some dark metallic paint... The color they got now is borderline pastel...

c'mon yamato if you're going to sell em seperately, it HAS to be better than this...

I was really hoping yamato will up the quality with these but they're half assed if anything as is...

I surmise that yang will be included with the fast pack/fold booster add on.

I also suppose it's THE last special feature Graham had on the tip of his tongue...

It's also further proof that this site has some influence over yamato..., to which I'll take advantage of

and say:

Release a major QC-free yf-19. Take your time and work on the fold booster and fast pack. Release it when it's not a half assed peice of plastic that screams "PLASTIC S.H.I.T FOR MONEY!"

The vf-1ish leg bend Dave mentioned definitely turns me off with the fast packs. The whole purpose of the yf-19 is sleekness... hence the aero-dynamic dildo-like fold booster. If they're so intent on official HFH certified color schemes then get the basic design official.

It's also further proof that this site has some influence over yamato..., to which I'll take advantage of

and say:

Wha?? How do you figure? You think because a few members made the obvious "it'd be nice if the blonde guy was there too" they went and did that?? I think if a few members here did that there were probably some truly diehard Yamato designers who had thought of it long before we even knew a 1/60 YF-19 was coming.

eugimon----there is a thin (very) part of the leg-mounted armor that is above the wing, inbetween the leg and the tailfin. There is also quite a lot behind the wing--that's what I mean by "wrap around"--instead of being entirely below the wing (and maybe the tiniest bit behind) the armor "wraps around" the back of the wing and comes up and over it. And the leg has to be bent to accomodate it apparently.

In the lineart/OVA, it should be exactly like the VF-0----it just fits on the legs, no movement/adjusting needed. The shape looks off, and it looks too big.

And I think the shoulder-mounted ones are too angular.

::edit:: Looking closer, I think you have to partially unattach the wings. I think the leg armor is actually mounted between the leg and the wing, and the wing plugs into the leg armor, or there's slots that the wing tabs poke through, trapping the armor between the wing and the leg. Either way, the wing isn't fully in fighter mode position with the armor attached.

The YF-19's leg armor should be as simple and easy as the 0's--just a magnet to hold it in place. Instead of half-transforming the thing to accomodate a 50% too large version...

That could be a quick money-maker for the aftermarket guys. Small, simple, accurate under-wing leg armor. Just a single resin piece, add a magnet, and there you go.

Well, I'm almost done with Yamato at this point. I'm getting this, just like I ended up with the OS and OA, and I'll buy a VF-11b and YF-21 in this scale but that's it. Too expensive and not enough variety. Really, how much more can they make? Currently I have a small squad of 1/48's (the VF-1J super stealth, the VF-1S Roy, the VF-1S Hikaru, the VF-1A Hikaru, the VF-1A Max and the VF-1A CF) and a couple 1/60's, and the macross plus 1/72's in edition to the above mentioned 1/60 M Zero. This fast pack pisses me off. It's just a cheap gimmick. Nothing more. Yamato continues to jack up prices on slick engineered yet quality plagued stuff. I wish Bandai would throw their hat back in the Macross game, because they would bury Yamato in design and quality. I guarantee if they built a PG model kit of the YF-19 or any valk for that matter, Yamato's crap would be collecting dust on the shelves.

dave - I think that bit above the wing is there because of the way yamato designed the legs. in the line art, the leg sits underneath the wing. In the toy, the wing root sits along the leg...

maybe this is the reason for the leg bend, to accomodate the wing root?

in any event, unless it ends up the leg armor has the missile launcher bit, I think I'm going to pass on the FP. There's not enough there that I can justify the price and Graham's hints of wallet shock has me turned off.

IMO, they should release the FPs WITH the yf-19 (specially for what they're asking) and sell the fold booster as a cheap add after the YF-21 comes out (which I am assuming it does).

Well, I'm almost done with Yamato at this point. I'm getting this, just like I ended up with the OS and OA, and I'll buy a VF-11b and YF-21 in this scale but that's it. Too expensive and not enough variety.

LOL......I'm done with Yamato, but I'm sill buying all the upcoming releases! :p

As for variety, patience. They can only release stuff so fast ya know.

Graham

I'm hoping that you will all be pleasantly surprized by the QC on the YF-19 as Yamato have really spent a lot of effort on QC for the 19.

Graham

Graham,

I pray that you are right... for the price we are about to pay for the YF-19, the qc better be good. :)

Edited by vanpang

I'm hoping that you will all be pleasantly surprized by the QC on the YF-19 as Yamato have really spent a lot of effort on QC for the 19.

Graham

Awesome news Graham, just what I was hoping to hear.

Well, ok, technically I was hoping to hear that the YF-21 is coming too, but this is good also. :lol:

Awesome news Graham, just what I was hoping to hear.

Well, ok, technically I was hoping to hear that the YF-21 is coming too, but this is good also. :lol:

Makes me want to pre-order one, but waiting for the reviews.. it's just something i have to do. :(

As for the YF-21, i will not wait at all. That baby will be MINE.

The studio half eye fast packs have an even larger under the wing bulge.

Considering the cost of the SHE kits, first YF-19 then the armor,and the end result looks like Yamato is doing a good job.

Having Yang is a nice touch are they going to stuff Sharon in there too?

post-3784-1164210197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

Wha?? How do you figure? You think because a few members made the obvious "it'd be nice if the blonde guy was there too" they went and did that?? I think if a few members here did that there were probably some truly diehard Yamato designers who had thought of it long before we even knew a 1/60 YF-19 was coming.

:) Yamato is not a god. It doesn't take much for them to decend on down upon us minions and read a couple posts here and there. And like you said, if they're die hard fans (at some point :p ) then they most definitely would care about what is said here.

You're also underestimating us, the international market, which includes two huge markets the US and HK.

Corroborating what Graham flat out told us and from being in a company myself where forums are a central hub where our customers gather, again I am adamantly sure they listen to us...

I wonder if graham can confirm.

Well I'm no proponent of idolizing Yamato, I just think that the blonde guy and making it two-seats was a pretty pivotal part of the OVA. In this particular instance I think it was a bit obvious of a suggestion to think it took some forum clamoring to make it happen. If I see the toy though and it's clear it's an after-thought they pinned on I'll be much more likely to agree with you.

I don't doubt that forums have some influence, I just think that influence is far more likely to be related to "look, our customers keep complaining about this part breaking" or something like that. Or maybe "There seems to be a lot of demand for this product." Design tweaks, especially after prototypes are making rounds, aren't likely to be something I would think we could play much of a hand in. Now, if they released a prototype, it was widely scorned, so it got scratched, that might be something we help with. I wonder if that's what happened with the 1/100 VF-0?

Back on subject... GIFT SETS!!!! C'mon Yamato, give us some sort of break by letting us buy multiple purchases together.

Can't wait any longer, I paid for mine months ago!!!

If the release date was pushed back to the end of the first week of december it means I'll get my YF-19 at the end of december (I hope):(

Well, patience isn't one of my virtues. I never bought a lemmon so I'll keep supporting first editions :)

Besides I hate drooling over hundreds of online pictures and not owing the damn toy :lol:

more pics can be gather here :

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/miyazawa/08/index.html

Not trying to derail this topic, but i didn't want start a

whole new thread just to ask what this was about ?

Is it a custom or will this be available for purchase?

[attachmentid=38400]

Edit: i see that the lower right is a ghost but what about the GBP?

post-3216-1164234594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

The studio half eye fast packs have an even larger under the wing bulge.

Considering the cost of the SHE kits, first YF-19 then the armor,and the end result looks like Yamato is doing a good job.

Having Yang is a nice touch are they going to stuff Sharon in there too?

Still massively prefer the SHE YF-19 sculpt. It's just sleeker with the longer nose - even if the actual product does have some liberties like squarer intakes and less detail overall due to resin.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=38380

Edited by ComicKaze

I'm probably the minority here, but I actually like the look of the Yamato F.P.

For some reason, I keep thinking the fast packs on the S.H.E. seem to look a little off when they ride up that far forward.

Not trying to stir up any bad blood, just my $.02

post-3166-1164253188_thumb.jpg

post-3166-1164253213_thumb.jpg

post-3166-1164253422_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaOne

I'm probably the minority here, but I actually like the look of the Yamato F.P.

For some reason, I keep thinking the fast packs on the S.H.E. seem to look a little off when the wing roots overlap them.

Not trying to stir up any bad blood, just my $.02

the SHE is inaccurate as well... it's not suppose to overlap that much. no grey is supposed to spill over to the top of the valk.

If they made the fast packs attach to the fighter without having to bend the legs, it would have been the saving grace for the fast pack fold booster set for me... but both are off.

Frankly saying, i couldnt care less for the Fold booster..maybe only interested in the Fps cos the YF19 already looks good enough on its own. Really hoping for a super nova paint scheme as one of the repaints for the YF19 instead of the YF19A paint scheme.

Cheers

I'm pushing hard for the white & blue & white & orange super nova schemes. No confirmation yet. Still checking who owns the rights to them I think.

Graham

Push harder!!!! I'd buy one of those too!

Tell'em to make a Stealth version too!