What Issues Would You...

kensei

Tell Yamato to give up on Macross and every other promising anime mecha projects they are going to undertake. Just give up. After six to seven years on the job, the only thing problem free are their promises. Everything else is just half-assed. If they feel they should take their customer base and their money for granted, they should try their hands on government projects.

Edited by Beware of Blast

General:

* Better QC. I'm sure they are doing their best, but it's just not good

enough.

* Yamato should know that with the continuing QC issues, resent price

hikes, the Shin VF-0A debacle, and seemingly way over priced YF-19 fast

pack set, we may be fast approaching a pivotal point where many go from

feelings of fandom to resentment. Yamato should know they are treading on

thin ice and should seriously think about how their decisions will be

viewed by fans. IMO, the honeymoon is over, the days of fans just being

happy someone is making Macross toys are gone. We now expect value for our

money and not be bent over on every new release. Of course that could be just me. :D

* Way more Tampo printing or in the very least better quality stickers

and Include 2 copies of the sticker sheet, so we have replacements when

they peel.

*More realistic low vis paint schemes (VF-1A low vis I & VF-0A) please

continue this with future models ie. YF-19 and whatever else comes out

*cough YF-21 *cough.

* Better box graphics.

Product Specific:

* 1/60 YF-21

* 1/48 VF-1J Enigma

* Please re-issue the VF-1J supers. (Max, Millia and Hikaru)

* Unpainted and unassembled VF-1 with A/J/S heads in a plain box at a lower price for customizers.

* 1/48 two seaters

* 1/60 TV color Q-Rau

* 1/48 Ground crew, standing pilots and support vehicles

Since it seems the gunpod is an issue with EVERY YF-19 out there, that's not a QC problem, that's a design problem, and there's no way they could have missed it if they'd actually played with a final production example for 30 secs. Probably would have noticed the gear didn't angle out right either. A QC problem is random mis-aligned tampos or missing parts. The gunpod and gear issue is inherent to the YF-19, chance has nothing to do with how yours will be.

My guess is they only tested the gear and gunpod on near-final samples or something, and didn't check it again for the final ones, assuming they were the same.

Customer service for Macross toys at Yamato-USA. I know Yamato isn't suppose to sell Macross in the US, but frack, it's the electronic age. Just cuz a toy is only released outside the US, doen't mean we can't buy them. Not anymore. Obviously. Look at Godzilla's collection.

Misaligned tampo, crooked gunpods, landing gears... we can complain, they can listen, they can not. As long as they make cool Macross toys, we'll still buy them. But the arm issue on the VF-0 series is a pretty big deal. They really should offer some kind of customer service for a situation like this. Even a mail in exchange w/ receipt copy for purchase date to a US address would really be a gesture to show that they really care about those of us who go through so much effort AND MONEY to buy their toys over here.

Since it seems the gunpod is an issue with EVERY YF-19 out there, that's not a QC problem, that's a design problem, and there's no way they could have missed it if they'd actually played with a final production example for 30 secs.

That's the summary of what I said in the VF-0 thread, although I find it hard to believe that they didn't pluck a unit destined for sale and examined it and encountered these problems, which leads me to suspect that they just decided to ignore the flaws...

Wanted Releases

- 1/48 VF-1S Maximilian Jenius

- 1/48 VF-1A Maximilian Jenius

- 1/48 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki

- Development of two seater 1/48 VF-1s

- 1/48 VF-4G

- TV and DYRL? SDF-1

- Destroids

- More Enemy Mecha

- Complete Zero line of toys

- Complete M+ Line of toys

- Complete VF-X2 (VF-17 for me and Graham ;))

- Acquisition of licence and development of toys for M3 and M7 using existing toys (like the YF-19) as a research base

I think that the majority of that list is ridiculous hoping. You guys need to think of how the companies operate. They make one mold so they can milk it for all its worth.

In lieu of that I could see them making another set similar to the superstealth. They already have the boxes made and everything. I WANT to see them make Minmei Guards 1 & 2. Easily within the scope and range of Yamato to mass produce.

Granted the QC issues and tampo printing are key factors.

I would like to know (doesnt have to be discussed with yamato) but how is it that Takara can make the MP Starscream with very little QC issues and market it at only 75-80 dollars range. Heck even at 100 it is still cheaper than 1/48s. Of course there are the rare times when some of us could fetch a 1/48 for 115 and maybe jsut maybe we are lucky to get one on sale at 100 in japan. Is it jsut the sheer amount of money that Takara/Tomy can throw around? How many 1/48s are made of a particular variant (not that it matters as its just a matter of color scheme compared to how many MP Starscreams? It seems to me that Takara has got the right idea. Highly Detailed, Size comparable to 1/48, complexity of the toy similar, and yet cheaper by almost 40 dollars or more.

Stop with the Non-Canon re re re re re re paints of the VF-1 and give us some damned two seaters.

AGREED. 2 seaters or BUST!

STOP it with the single seater VF-1 repaints.

Bring out prototype shots of the 1/60 YF-21 and get started on a VF-0D and VF-4 Lightning III already. <_<

.....and stop it with the prices hikes!

I'd like to see a rerelease of the Milia super 1/48 as well.

I think that the gunpod issue on the YF-19 is getting blown well out of proportion. How many of you plan to display the 19 upside down any way? :rolleyes: I've got my 19 displayed in Fighter and the only way that you can really tell that the gunpod is slightly off center is if you pick the dang thing up.

And as far as price is concerned we have this silly discussion every other month ad nausem. The reason that they can't offer their 1/60's in the same price range as the MP Starscream is that Yamato is a much smaller company with a much smaller production run of their toys. Not to mention that Macross has a substantially smaller consumer base than the Transformers. Also they can't technically sell their macross stuff outside of japan. Then you factor in the developmental cost to make something like the YF-19 which doesn't have no where near the repaint and release possibilities as the 1/48's and you get your higher cost.

my two previous valks, a Low Vis 1.0 and a VF-0S I just sold recently, were pretty good. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR A 1/48 VF-4???? I mean, hell, just make one, charge me $500-$1000 for it, and I'd shut up for the next 10 years about any toy renditions of the Valkyries!

EDIT: other than that, I'm ok.

Edited by Lightning 06

I think that the gunpod issue on the YF-19 is getting blown well out of proportion. How many of you plan to display the 19 upside down any way? :rolleyes: I've got my 19 displayed in Fighter and the only way that you can really tell that the gunpod is slightly off center is if you pick the dang thing up.

This bothers hardcore F-mode guys like myself. If I pick up a vehicle, especially an aerial one, everything HAS to line up and be straight. Besides, just knowing that it's crooked is annoying...

Convince them to change their mind about 2 seaters! Seriously... that's all we're waiting for (and a macross of course) but to think that they're so dead set against making 2 seaters is... well... unthinkable. Break them down Graham!

I want them too. I mean they can use the VF-1D for two colour schemes and also a VEFR-1 with modifications to the wings. Same with the DYRL? two seaters, they can sue the same body design for both the VT-1 and the VE-1.

Legs and arms and backpack they don't have to redesign.

Will they ever release any mechs from Appleseed, Gasaraki anything?

Especially the Landmates used by the main characters.

Oh wow ... Never thought of that and waaaayyyy - OT for a Macross board, but I'd kill for a Guges-D of the same quality and size of the 1/48's. Talk about a niche market, though ...

Oh wow ... Never thought of that and waaaayyyy - OT for a Macross board, but I'd kill for a Guges-D of the same quality and size of the 1/48's. Talk about a niche market, though ...

Yeah I know it's OT. but while he's there might as well pop the question.. never hurts to ask.

Besides I hope they'll rerelease the Max and Miriya 1/48s or release a Blue Roses Strike 1J (The blue one)

Um to my knowledge Graham this is the most requested stuff:

Better QC

Valks from other series, most wanted are vf-4, vf-11, vf-5000, yf-19

A two seater VF-1 but i believe you have already adress that issue a while back

A english version for their site

Some enemy mecha

reissues of the super max and super millia ( i agree with that one)

the reactive armor for the VF-0

better box art

the SV-51

and just more valks of different colors

and the chance of some Macross 7 valks somehow depsite the bandai stronghold.

That should cover most of the recurring requests

Whoever compiles the list, make sure to include:

"Will you (Yamato) reissue the Max & Miria VF-1J Super Valkyries?"

At this point, that's all I'm hoping to find out. I don't expect them to tell us anything about upcoming projects, just let me know if I have to pay $400.00 on eBay for a Max 1J or if I should wait on a reissue.

Questions to ask:

1) Rectification of crooked gunpod and Right rear landing gear (unable to rotate out fully)

2) 1/60 Super Nova YF-19 (Both Blue and Orange ver)

3) Provision of some locking mechanism for the chest piece on the YF-19

4) Rectification of loose/fragile plastic shoulder problems of the VF-0A/S

5) 1/60 VF-0S Anime colors, base color in greyish white instead of beige

6) 1/60 VF-0D

7) 1/60 SV-51 (Cannon Folder, Ivanov and Nora versions)

8) 1/60 VF-17D/S

9) 1/60 VF-19 D/S

10) 1/60 VF-4G

11) 1/60 VF-22S

12) 1/60 YF-21

13) 1/60 VF-11B/C

Questions to ask:

1) Rectification of crooked gunpod and Right rear landing gear (unable to rotate out fully)

2) 1/60 Super Nova YF-19 (Both Blue and Orange ver)

3) Provision of some locking mechanism for the chest piece on the YF-19

4) Rectification of loose/fragile plastic shoulder problems of the VF-0A/S

5) 1/60 VF-0S Anime colors, base color in greyish white instead of beige

6) 1/60 VF-0D

7) 1/60 SV-51 (Cannon Folder, Ivanov and Nora versions)

8) 1/60 VF-17D/S

9) 1/60 VF-19 D/S

10) 1/60 VF-4G

11) 1/60 VF-22S

12) 1/60 YF-21

13) 1/60 VF-11B/C

Aside from 1, 3, and 4, these are the kinds of questions that they're most likely NOT going to answer. They're not going to spill the beans about all of the upcoming new toys. Well, they might tell Graham, but they won't let him tell us. I think it's better if we keep our questions/comments related to QC problems that need to be addressed or reissues of previously released products. Just my opinion of course :)

I don't know if this is mentioned but it's a thought, I would like Yamato to stop skipping the details on non-canon paint schemes. I'd have to double-check, but didn't they leave everything on the Stealth black (like the area where the airbrake is? I think they also made the turbines black? Seems to me like they just kind of skipped it out of convenience. Heck, if you don't think shiny metal paint looks cool for a certain scheme then why not give us a flat gray or something? Yes, this is an uber nitpick but hey... why not? :)

I'd have to double-check, but didn't they leave everything on the Stealth black (like the area where the airbrake is?

HEY!!! I never even noticed that! I just checked my Stealth and the air brake is not painted. Damn you jenius for making me notice! :angry::p

Going along with the gunpod and gear issues:

MAKE FUTURE FIXES AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT EARLIER VERSIONS.

Nobody is going to buy a whole second YF-19 when the fixed version comes out, just to get a straight gunpod. Whatever part they change---have them sell it separately! And yeesh, they could gouge the heck out of us, and we'd still pay.

One little piece on the forearm to fix the gunpod? $20. Far more than it's worth, but we'll pay because it's a lot cheaper than a whole new YF-19.

Going along with the gunpod and gear issues:

MAKE FUTURE FIXES AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT EARLIER VERSIONS.

Nobody is going to buy a whole second YF-19 when the fixed version comes out, just to get a straight gunpod. Whatever part they change---have them sell it separately! And yeesh, they could gouge the heck out of us, and we'd still pay.

One little piece on the forearm to fix the gunpod? $20. Far more than it's worth, but we'll pay because it's a lot cheaper than a whole new YF-19.

Hmm... that's almost like inviting yamato to F*** up the first time so they can make a pretty penny off parts...

Heck. No.

If they mess up on parts which they should have gotten right in the first place, they should have a system where you can mail parts to them and they send a good part back to you at no additional fee... I'd be willing to pay real shipping for that...

The only scenario I see myself paying for parts is if I make a mistake and accidently break an otherwise QC free part.