What Issues Would You...

kensei

I dont understand this feeling of betryal. They're toys, and Yamato is a toy company. They started in 1/72 scale, but no one seems to say "Those bastards! they changed scales!" about the 1/72's when we jumped to 1/60.

To me its like 1/48 vf-1s and 1/100 vf-1s. If yamato made those little ones, no one would say "No! Now I have to collect a whole new scale! Oh woe is me!"

You arte NOT morally or financially obligated to buy anythijng yamato puts out. Personally, Id be all over a 1/60 vf-1. Id get a 1's. 1j Max and 1j Hikaru, and if they did a stealth or LV2 id get those as well. If u dont want to get em, thats fine. There are....what 10 or 12 variations on the 1/48 scale? not including FP kits and GBPs? The line has had a good run, and personally im yet to see evidence they wont do more.

Returning to matters at hand, I have never heard of Orguss, and the mechs dont do it for me, so i wont be too upset if it isnt that. However i cant think of a big transforming mecha show BW might have other than that or Mospeada, so I guess it'll be one of the 2.

Returning to matters at hand, I have never heard of Orguss, and the mechs dont do it for me, so i wont be too upset if it isnt that. However i cant think of a big transforming mecha show BW might have other than that or Mospeada, so I guess it'll be one of the 2

LOL, if you haven't heard of Orguss (and I can't really blame you) then I think there are probably many other 80s mech shows out there that you haven't heard of so there are quite a few more options than just Orguss or Mospeada. Perhaps we should start a new thread where we just pick the possible shows Yamato could be making a toy for? Then, once we know all the options available (I'm sure there are tons of shows out there I don't know exist also) we could start up a poll and see what show most MWers expect it to be. Of course, it'd just be rampant speculation for fun. Hey, maybe we'll get a hovertank!!! :lol:

As to the 1/60 thing, I'm with you. My 1/60s are a sunk cost now. I've never been very fond of 'em anyway. Still, I'd rather Yamato go on to new things then revisit the 1/60s. Where's my 1/60 Glaug and Regult??

I dont understand this feeling of betryal. They're toys, and Yamato is a toy company. They started in 1/72 scale, but no one seems to say "Those bastards! they changed scales!" about the 1/72's when we jumped to 1/60.

To me its like 1/48 vf-1s and 1/100 vf-1s. If yamato made those little ones, no one would say "No! Now I have to collect a whole new scale! Oh woe is me!"

You arte NOT morally or financially obligated to buy anythijng yamato puts out. Personally, Id be all over a 1/60 vf-1. Id get a 1's. 1j Max and 1j Hikaru, and if they did a stealth or LV2 id get those as well. If u dont want to get em, thats fine. There are....what 10 or 12 variations on the 1/48 scale? not including FP kits and GBPs? The line has had a good run, and personally im yet to see evidence they wont do more.

agreed. Just make them right the first time.

It's not that they switched scales. It's that they keep flopping around. First it was 1/72. Then that went away...here comes 1/60. Now 1/48. Now 1/60 again. They have YET to finish a set in any scale. The 1/72's never came with a YF-19 FP. The 1/60's never got the fast-pack VF-1's that we were shown the prototypes of (besides the Strike) and now the 1/48's aren't getting any 2 seaters.

Even when Yamato released the 1/60 Cannon Fodder, it was put out to only take partial fast packs. It was an oversite that Yamato apologized for on their website and said they would make parts available to allow the valk to be fully fast pack equipped. Guess what? They abandoned the line and that never happened despite the assurance it would.

I don't see other companies flopping around like that. It's like if Hasbro kept changing their scale on their Star Wars figures without releasing all the characters. Or Bandai stopping the MSIA scale, then going to HCM Pro scale, them back to MSIA scale, then off to GFF scale.

You're right. No one would be twisting my arm to buy them. But I certainly would think twice about doing so for a company that has a track of not finishing something. Nothing would stop them from starting another scale, then quitting for something else before that's done.

"hey now that you've bought all of our new and improved 1/60 VF's. We decided to stop that line because...well just because. But hey..good news! Check out the new 1/55's that are on the way!"

Edited by Rabidweezil

It's not that they switched scales. It's that they keep flopping around. First it was 1/72. Then that went away...here comes 1/60. Now 1/48. Now 1/60 again. They have YET to finish a set in any scale. The 1/72's never came with a YF-19 FP. The 1/60's never got the fast-pack VF-1's that we were shown the prototypes of (besides the Strike) and now the 1/48's aren't getting any 2 seaters.

I don't see other companies flopping around like that. It's like if Hasbro kept changing their scale on their Star Wars figures without releasing all the characters. Or Bandai stopping the MSIA scale, then going to HCM Pro scale, them back to MSIA scale, then off to GFF scale.

You're right. No one would be twisting my arm to buy them. But I certainly would think twice about doing so for a company that has a track of not finishing something. Nothing would stop them from starting another scale, then quitting for something else before that's done.

"hey now that you've bought all of our new and improved 1/60 VF's. We decided to stop that line because...well just because. But hey..good news! Check out the new 1/55's that are on the way!"

hmm? 1/60 VF-1 got a hikaru, max and milia super valkyrie releases. The 1/60 scale has been the most comprehensive and complete scale.

And only the yf-19 never got a fast pack, the yf-21 and vf-11 both got fast pack releases.

If you want to gripe about a scale that got no love, it's the 1/100 scale. the VF-0 got cancelled and only the Konig is around. Poor konig.

BTW. Hasbro DOES play around with sizes. Prime and Starscream got the jumbo size treatment while the rest of the cast crew stayed in scale.

Edited by eugimon

I think he's talking about the Fast Packs that were supposed to be sold separately?

hmm, I guess if I read between the lines I would have picked that up. ^_^

But, he's still wrong, the 1/60 line up got everything. Fast packs, strike pack, GBP armor, all the 2 seaters and all the new releases are coming out in 1/60.

I think the 1/48 line is more complete now than the 1/60 line. Aside from the 2 seaters, the 1/48 line has 3 non canon valks, Hikaru's VF-1S, Kakizaki, Angel Birds - none of which are available in the 1/60 line. Also, ALL of the releases can be outfitted with Super/Strike parts.

The only thing that makes the 1/60's more complete is the 2 seaters. The 1/48's have released all that was in the 1/60's and then some as far as the normal VF-1's.

I don't know if the fast packs for the 1/60's were supposed to be released separately or as new Valks. But prototypes of VF-1A's with Fastpacks were shown

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1...to_fastpack.htm

And hasbro does make larger scale toys. But they don't abandon the other sizes each time they do.

And the 1/48 line has never had 2 seaters, and to my knowledge has neevr publicly said they intend too. We WANT them to, but that doesnt always mean we will get them.

Its this talk of the line being 'obsolete' that gets me. the 48's arent obsolete if they do a nw 1/60, the same as the old 1/60 isnt obsolete now. Are the old 1/55's obsolete completely because of yamatos work? Of course not, they're just different scales.

At the time Yamato did the best work they could on the 1/60's and they had some great results. I remember how fond I was of those planes, and remained so till I was forced to sell hem for money and space just before i got married. Heck, Im now trying to find myself a Max 1/60 to have ina display against my Milia Q Rau.

Yamato has achieved new level of detail and design with its recent work. Id love to have a vf-1 in the scale and detail of the yf-19 and zero. And i think if they released them, many others would agree.

hmm, I guess if I read between the lines I would have picked that up. ^_^

But, he's still wrong, the 1/60 line up got everything. Fast packs, strike pack, GBP armor, all the 2 seaters and all the new releases are coming out in 1/60.

no, I'm not wrong. The 1/48's are more complete as Mister E pointed out. Go ahead and count them if you don't believe me. They just have not released the 2 seaters that were put out in the 1/60's.

@ Scream Man

I don't know if that tirade was directed at me, but if it was you ENTIRELY missed the point I was trying to make.

I'm a college student on a tight budget. I can't toss around money like some of you guys. I want the definitive version of the VF-1. The point that I was trying to convey was this: it looks like Yamato is phasing out the 1/48 scale with the lack of new 1/48 scale VF-1's and the influx of new Valks from the other series'. I don't want to buy a bunch of 1/48 scale VF-1's only to find out that they have been rendered obsolete by a 1/60 VF-1 2.0.

NOWHERE did I say I wouldn't purchase a new 1/60 scale VF-1. I'd be happy to. I just don't want to spend money on the 1/48 and then find out that the line was abandoned in favor of the 1/60. Call me obsessive compulsive, but I plan on displaying these and I'd like them to be the same scale.

@ eugimon

Your point about Hasbro switching scales on Transformers isn't a very good one. Transformers rarely have any set "scale". They morph/phase shift/whatever into any size that they want. Soundwave, anyone? Or Megatron? In the comics he could be held by a human hitman. Scale in the world of Transformers doesn't go very far beyond "oh this guy is taller/smaller than that guy". And even that is sketchy at best.

*exhales* Ugh..........

Edited by meh_cd

It still never fails to amuse me when people complain about more choices (or at least the prospect of more choices). I'm all for Yamato making any and all Macross releases they can -- I'll either buy them or I won't, but more choices are better than less. ;)

no, I'm not wrong. The 1/48's are more complete as Mister E pointed out. Go ahead and count them if you don't believe me. They just have not released the 2 seaters that were put out in the 1/60's.

canon releases unique to 1/60

1d

1e

1t

Q-Rau milia

Q-Rau Max

milia figure set

VF-0s

VF-0a

VF-0a Shin type

Ghost

YF-19 fastpack

canon releases unique to 1/48 (non canon releases in parantheses)

1s hikaru

1a kakizaki

1a angel birds

(low viz)

(stealth)

(camo)

(stealth FP)

(GBP jungle camo)

(GBP urban camo)

I can count, can you?

Edited by eugimon

@ eugimon

Your point about Hasbro switching scales on Transformers isn't a very good one. Transformers rarely have any set "scale". They morph/phase shift/whatever into any size that they want. Soundwave, anyone? Or Megatron? In the comics he could be held by a human hitman. Scale in the world of Transformers doesn't go very far beyond "oh this guy is taller/smaller than that guy". And even that is sketchy at best.

*exhales* Ugh..........

I was responding to rabids claim that other toy companies don't switch scales. In fact, hasbro groups toys based on scale and complexity and each grouping does not get a full line up.

It still never fails to amuse me when people complain about more choices (or at least the prospect of more choices). I'm all for Yamato making any and all Macross releases they can -- I'll either buy them or I won't, but more choices are better than less. ;)

Am I complaining about choices? I'm not, and once again my point is falling through the cracks. Perhaps I'm not being clear enough:

I JUST WANT THE DEFINITIVE VF-1. THAT'S ALL.

With all of the recent releases in 1/60 scale and no mention of any new 1/48 releases I am concerned that Yamato will be returning to the 1/60 scale for the VF-1. If they are, then great. I just want to know if the 1/48 will be the definitive VF-1 toy for the foreseeable future or not.

@ Eugimon

True. But does each scale (price point is more like it, heh) need a full line up? If Prime is larger in the show than Bumblebee, do we need a Prime the size of Bumblebee? Nope. On the other hand, all VF-1's are the same size.

And the "ugh" wasn't directed at you.

Edited by meh_cd

@ Eugimon

True. But does each scale (price point is more like it, heh) need a full line up? If Prime is larger in the show than Bumblebee, do we need a Prime the size of Bumblebee? Nope. On the other hand, all VF-1's are the same size.

And the "ugh" wasn't directed at you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the 1/48's shouldn't get a 2 seater release. If they come out, I'll buy one.

my only points are:

1. the 1/60s have far more canon releases than the 1/48 (equal releases if we're going to keep it limited to the VF-1 series)

2. that other toy companies switch scales without completing the line up in any particular scale.

On that note, the vehicles in star wars are not in scale either. They're made to fit the figures but they aren't in scale to each other or to the figures. millenium falcon, ATAT, Xwing, none of these are in scale nor are they in scale with each other nor are they in scale with the figures.

And I didn't take the "ugh" personally :)

I really don't understand.

What's hard to understand about "definitive VF-1 release" and "keep things the same scale"? It may not bug most people, but I don't want a 1/48 CF next to a 1/60 Max. Do you understand my point now? I guess it does boil down to the fact that I want to have an awesome complete line of VF-1 toys.

@ eugimon

I'm just concerned that Yamato will scrap the 1/48 line. That's all. I hope I'm wrong. It looks like it is being put on the backburner for the time being. Who knows, maybe that's a good thing? But when they say "not in the 1/48 scale" for the twin seaters, it has me concerned.

Yes, Star Wars vehicles are horribly horribly out of scale. And ugly. But at least the figures are almost spot on. The ugliness and size of the vehicles are the reasons I don't collect them.

Edited by meh_cd

@ Scream Man

I don't know if that tirade was directed at me, but if it was you ENTIRELY missed the point I was trying to make.

I'm a college student on a tight budget. I can't toss around money like some of you guys. I want the definitive version of the VF-1. The point that I was trying to convey was this: it looks like Yamato is phasing out the 1/48 scale with the lack of new 1/48 scale VF-1's and the influx of new Valks from the other series'. I don't want to buy a bunch of 1/48 scale VF-1's only to find out that they have been rendered obsolete by a 1/60 VF-1 2.0.

NOWHERE did I say I wouldn't purchase a new 1/60 scale VF-1. I'd be happy to. I just don't want to spend money on the 1/48 and then find out that the line was abandoned in favor of the 1/60. Call me obsessive compulsive, but I plan on displaying these and I'd like them to be the same scale.

Im not made of money either mate. Im married and only just got a fulltime job. I spend a lot on these guys, but its money i dont spend on whatever else. it all balances out.

2 points i think:

1) What's 'definitive'? How do u define definitive? Best? Coz if so the 48 is debateably thye best of the vf-1s. Its certainly the best to me. Maybe not to everyone though. Some people love the 1/60s. thats their definitive valk. The bringing out of a new VF-1 in another scale, no mattr what scale it is, doesnt make it definitive unless u like it more.

2) i dont know yet if Yamato IS phasing out the 1/48s. Its slowed, yes, but the kakizake and angel bird are....what at most 3 months old? and we still have the urban camo gbp. I dont recall seeing the stealth or LV2 all that long before they came out. theres life in the old girl yet. Heck, in Grahams interview he said Yamato was considering rereleasing the max n milia. if thats true, that will be more new ones on the way.

and the tirade was a general one, not specifically at you.

I thought it was pretty obvious that we were only comparing the VF-1 releases. Also, I think there are a few members who think the 1/60 VF-0A, VF-0A Shin, and Ghost should be listed as non-canon :p j/k

not really, rabid was complaining that yamato didn't stick to one scale. that's a pretty broad comment.

I'm sure if yamato released ALL of the enemy mecha tomorrow in 1/55 scale, he would be complaining it wasn't in scale, never mind it was a complete release.

The obsolete comment you made is hard for me to understand.

OK fair enough. Obsolete probably wasn't the best choice of words. I meant that it would suck if Yamato decided to drop the 1/48's and made NEW 1/60's that blew the 1/48's out of the water.

@ Scream Man

By definitive I guess I mean the best overall. Sure, some people may consider the 1/60 to be definitive for the VF-1 but I think the majority of the people here would consider the 1/48 to be the best at this point in time.

What's hard to understand about "definitive VF-1 release" and "keep things the same scale"? It may not bug most people, but I don't want a 1/48 CF next to a 1/60 Max. Do you understand my point now? I guess it does boil down to the fact that I want to have an awesome complete line of VF-1 toys.

@ eugimon

I'm just concerned that Yamato will scrap the 1/48 line. That's all. I hope I'm wrong. It looks like it is being put on the backburner for the time being. Who knows, maybe that's a good thing? But when they say "not in the 1/48 scale" for the twin seaters, it has me concerned.

Yes, Star Wars vehicles are horribly horribly out of scale. And ugly. But at least the figures are almost spot on. The ugliness and size of the vehicles are the reasons I don't collect them.

agreed on all counts. ;)

it would suck if Yamato decided to drop the 1/48's and made NEW 1/60's that blew the 1/48's out of the water.

I challenge Yamato to do such a thing! :D I triple-dog-dare Yamato to! Anyway, I wouldn't hold my breath on a 1/60 scale VF-1 from Yamato that rivals the 1/48 scale in detail.

not really, rabid was complaining that yamato didn't stick to one scale. that's a pretty broad comment.

I'm sure if yamato released ALL of the enemy mecha tomorrow in 1/55 scale, he would be complaining it wasn't in scale, never mind it was a complete release.

You are completely missing my friggin point. And I'm not liking the fact that you are directing a nasty tone in my direction along with putting words in my mouth in regards to what I am trying to say. Which clearly you missed.

It's NOT that they have things in different scales, it's that they have yet to complete ANYTHING in one scale. They keep dropping one scale for another. I care less if they release Macross Zero and Plus valks in 1/60 scale. That makes sense...1/48 would be to big for them anyway. But why can't they do that PLUS continue on with that they started in the 1/48?

Like I said, it would be Hasbro releasing Star Wars 3 and 3/4 figures, but then dropping the line for the 12 inch. Then dropping the line for the 6 inch. Then dropping the line for whatever.

And I never said to count unique releases. I'm not sure where you pulled that out of. I was saying that every VF that has been released in the 60 has been released in the 48's WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE 2 SEATERS.

to quote myself in case you missed it

"The 1/48's have released all that was in the 1/60's and then some as far as the normal VF-1's."

Edited by Rabidweezil

Is this really necessary? I'd say, "Let's get ready to rumble," but I don't want to get sued by Bruce Buffer. :)

I edited it at the same time you quoted it. But yeah, I don't appreciate someone getting all smart assed and trying to make me look like an idiot by arguing something that is completely off the mark as to what I'm talking about.

I really really hope Yamato elects to re-release Max and Millia VF-1J supers. I'm not liking the idea of non-super versions, but I suppose it would be better than nothing. If anything I'd like to see Yamato release the Max and Millia and the fastpacks separate, so people can choose if they want fastpack like they did with the stealth. Or perhaps as two box sets, one for the valks and one for the fastpacks.

I don't think that they will do a separate release of the separate. The FAST Packs for Max and Millia are so unique, they do not suit every valk. It would not do them any good business wise.

I'm surprised that they were considering non-FAST pack versions, I thought you would get greater returns for a Set.

First post.

As someone who JUST got into the 1/48 Valks (THIS MONTH) I REALLY hope they are not going to shy away from making new ones. I would love to be able to get a Max and Millia Supers, but I'd also be satisfied with non-super versions, since they only used the FAST Packs like once in the show.

I just hope I don't have to switch over to the 1/60's. But if I do, I do. That's what the NEXT shelf is for I guess.