What Issues Would You...

kensei

Actually, they used the FAST Packs twice. Once in "Love Drifts Away" and the other in "Viva Miria".

I can't imagine a PT 1/60 VF-1 valk. The heatshield would break in my fingers. NO thanks.

Edited by kensei

I doubt Yamato will ever abandon the 1/48 scale (at least for the VF-1's). They've made a nice handful of variations from the VF-1 mold. And I'm sure they could easily come up with other non-canon Valk schemes. Though, I'd rather they make a few more color variations to the Fast Packs (low-viz, navy blue, or grey anyone?).

I might not be the biggest fan of the two-seaters. But I can definitely understand the pain and frustration you guys feel, especially when you know it can be done (Hell, just look at my avatar.).

One thing I've always wondered about: other than for sales reasons, why hasn't Yamato made the TV-style versions of Max or Kakizaki in either scale?

Edited by Mog

I would buy a TV style Max or Kakizaki VF-1A in a heartbeat. The lack of both of those is mystifying to me, as I said previously I just got into these and figured that I'd be able to get TV style Roy 1S, Hikaru 1J, Max and Kakizaki 1A's.

I was really surprised they didn't have the latter two.

Oh! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention one other thing from earlier in this thread:

Bring forth to Prophet Eugimon the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!! And four supple, vestial virgins for him to ravage in whatever manner he chooses!!.....................No, no, no, not the fat, pasty-white, nerdy virgins. The hot-looking, FEMALE ones. :p

Edited by Mog

Doesnt Kakizake just fly a CF in the series?

No, he flies a white valk with brown trim, Max flies a white valk with blue trim (before upgrading to a blue valk with white trim). The brown used is the same brown that CFs use but CFs are brown with white trim.

Well I really hope they release Super Versions of the Max and Millia again.

I too am hoping for reissues of these WITH FAST Packs. Wouldn't make sense to buy these without them.

When I said "as long as it doesn't look odd" I meant in terms of the size of the pilot/cockpit. I don't want to have a 1/60 with a tiny little guy and then a 1/35 Alpha/Legioss with a huge pilot and cockpit.

Nice point about Yamato wanting to keep the mecha the same size. That's good and all, but I think it would be just as cool to have the VF's be proportional to one another as they are in the show.

Agreed. If 1/60 scale for the Alpha/Legioss is too small, then I think 1/48 scale would be perfect, which would be another reason to hold on to your 1/48 VF-1's. Although when you dream up the ideal scale for an Alpha/Legioss toy, remember to factor in the resulting size of a Beta/Tread in the same scale. A 1/35 scale Beta/Tread would be HUGE.

Or Bandai stopping the MSIA scale, then going to HCM Pro scale, them back to MSIA scale, then off to GFF scale.

Bad example there. The MSIA line is notorious for being, for all intents and purposes, non-scale or, at best, an odd 1/170 scale. And I'm sure you've read by now about Bandai's announcement of 1/100 scale GFF and 1/144 scale HCM-Pro figures.

Anyway, I hope that the YF-19 that comes bundled with the Fold Booster will address the minor problems found in the first release.

Edited by Chet

There is a subtle difference between a 1A head in the TV series and the DYRL?. Actually its rather significant. Look at the two. Look closely at the actual head design:

http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/SDF%20Macros...1a-valkyrie.htm

http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/Macross%20DY...1a-fastpack.htm

CFs exist in both DYRL? and the TV series.

Props to Mr March. Good job again mate.

Thanks for the pics. I'm getting a good education around here.

I didn't mean that CF's didn't exist in DYRL? I was just thinking that since the CF comes with the TV style hands (I believe) that would insinuate taht it's a TV style mech. Guess Yamato is doing a little mixing and matching with us...

Regardless, they have 99% of the mold to do a TV style Max 1A, so it's probably a viable option.

Oh that. Ok. The CF is a bit of a fruit salad yeah, you got DYRL? forearm parts with TV hands and a DYRL? head. Then you have the brown feet and intakes which neither of them should have....:lol:

Oh, and don't thank me for the pics, thank Mr March. B))

Edited by kensei

1/48 scale would be perfect, which would be another reason to hold on to your 1/48 VF-1's.

You do realize the MPC was originally billed a 1/48 Legioss when it was still a model right? 1/48 is still too small for a Legioss. Basically Yamato would be making it's very own version of the MPC and I would much rather them build a bigger toy.

Bear with me for a kind of 'n00b' question here...

I was looking at some of the 'collection pics' in the thread below and it looks to me as if the 1/60 0A's are IN SCALE with the 1/48 VF-1's. Is this right? It can be, can it?

There are one or two pics with 1/60 VF-1's in the same frame as 1/60 VF-0s and those look like different scales to me.

HELP! If I buy a 1/60 VF-0 will it look correct or wonky next to my 1/48 VF-1s?

I was looking at some of the 'collection pics' in the thread below and it looks to me as if the 1/60 0A's are IN SCALE with the 1/48 VF-1's. Is this right? It can be, can it?

No, you're confusing size with scale. The 1/60 VF-1 (much smaller in size) is in SCALE because if you saw the two in real life the VF-1 would be much smaller in size.

If you pose a 1/60 VF-0 next to a 1/48 VF-1 they will appear to be in unison from a size perspective. You're not emulating how they would look in real life though (again, the VF-1 is much smaller as it would sit on an air field next to a VF-0)

No, you're confusing size with scale. The 1/60 VF-1 (much smaller in size) is in SCALE because if you saw the two in real life the VF-1 would be much smaller in size.

If you pose a 1/60 VF-0 next to a 1/48 VF-1 they will appear to be in unison from a size perspective. You're not emulating how they would look in real life though (again, the VF-1 is much smaller as it would sit on an air field next to a VF-0)

The resolution must not be there, the pilots look similar in size but they're so small already.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to pick up a 1/60 VF-1 to pose next to my GIANT VF-0! :lol:

You do realize the MPC was originally billed a 1/48 Legioss when it was still a model right? 1/48 is still too small for a Legioss. Basically Yamato would be making it's very own version of the MPC and I would much rather them build a bigger toy.

Yeah, but i think the problem with Toynami's Alpha was not the scale or size but the fact that it was based on said model kit. Yamato would sculpt it from the ground up so any structural problems that stemmed from being based on model kit shouldn't apply. And again, there's that 1/48 scale Beta to think about.

Graham, I don't know if you saw my question a few pages back, but did Yamato say anything about how the new Scopedog and accessories would be sold? I was wondering if the extra weapons and gear would be avaliable sepereately, or if I have to get a second Scopedog....