Most Ridiculous Amount Of Money You Have Spent

So fess up, what's the most amount of money you've ever spent on a single anime related good? DVD sets probably shouldn't count unless it was a single disc for a ridiculous price.

Okay, I just spent $145 on...

G2SM4b5466a3-9be2-4d4e-ac9e-5cb72ac6e218-5576.jpg

G2SM9bb8266b-703e-461c-b01c-a1beb154267f-5576.jpg

Why? I'm totally insane and anything Saber Rider related will bankrupt me. Damn childhood nostalgia is pretty expensive. To make matters worse, this isn't even the deluxe version, it's the little happy meal type version hahahaa (kill me now). That said, I've determined to sell off all my worldly possessions and only collect Saber Rider products and guitars from now on so I suppose that saves on other areas. I really hope that pricetag of $17.50 isn't recent...damn ebay snipers kept shooting the price up.

That $145 is more than I spent on my Hikaru 1/48 and Fast Packs (which I eventually sold anyway since it couldn't please me). Now I have a dinky toy the size of a juice box and am desperately searching up all Bismarck/Saber Rider items (anybody got any leads or can help me out? especially in Hong Kong/Japan where it'd be easier to find this stuff?)

What have you guys splurged on that was just simply ridiculous?

Edited by ComicKaze

for me my Studio Halfeye Perfect Change Getter Robo, it cost me about $400.00 :ph34r: but it was worth every penny :)

chris

After tax, shipping, and all that good stuff, I spent $600 on a Bandai Elintseeker. I feel pretty good about it though, looks like it had been removed from the perfect box maybe once... ever. So nice and minty. I've spent $500 on a couple other classic Macross items also.

Each volume of the original non-boxset Japanese release of Mospeada was around $90Aus, so times 6 plus $25Aus shipping per volume...

The fact I was on the dole on the time was even more disconcerting for people when I told them how much I paid for 'em :)

*Looks around room*

I'd have to say that the 1/48 Yamato valks are the most expensive shitnitz in my collection.....i'm not sure if that's a good thing. >_>

since time is money... I bought a 26 episode series, Blue Gender ($24)... watched all 12 hours in one day... re-watched Disc 1 (3 hours) the next day... then rewatched the set again the next day.... then over the next two weeks I spent between 50-60 hours (I lost count this week, might be more in the area of 80-100 hours) doing video editing and re-watching segments of the entire series for video/audio clips.

ok... so figuring in the hours and the realized value of my time.... I spent over $2,000 on the series :lol:

For any single anime item, it would be:

super ostich - $2000 mint :blink:

Tetsujin 28 - $35000 mint :blink:

I know thats a lot (not for me) :D , but I bought these back when all this stuff was really hot.

For the popy diecast toys Im sure I have well over $50k in those.

Not to mention I have well over $100k in Yamato 1/48. :blink:

I won't even bring up my big boy toys. <_<

super ostich - $2000 mint  :blink:

Tetsujin 28 - $35000 mint  :blink:

I know thats a lot (not for me) :D , but I bought these back when all this stuff was really hot.

Not to mention I have well over $100k in Yamato 1/48.  :blink:

I won\'t even bring up my big boy toys.  <_<

397136[/snapback]

Which version of T-28 is that?

ROBOTECH :angry: They made good stuff too.. sometimes. :p

Long long ago,I went to a comic shop and purchase the Robotech Macross Saga in VHS format. All 6 TV movie for a grand total discount price of $100.

later on to my surprise, none of these VHS tapes was copy protected.. I COULD OF JUST RENTED IT AND RECORDED IT FOR A MUCH LOWER PRICE. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by F360°

397136[/snapback]

Which version of T-28 is that?

397138[/snapback]

It is the American godaikin version. Not even the Japanese version. This was before ebay and I bought this from a private collection. OF course at the time, finding this toy was impossible(before ebay) and the first time I seen one in over 15 years. The car I was driving was not even worth that much money. I was even eating taco bell bean burritos for lunch and dinner.

Now, I could throw down $3500 on shoes and not even blink.

I won't even bring up my big boy toys.  <_<

397136[/snapback]

Jesus. What do you do for a living?

I spent about $1000 working on my Ghostbuster costume....

SHUT UP!!!!

No lie, my friends and I were looking into making quality ghostbusters costumes and we quit when we saw just how crazy the prices could get. Instead we went with the cast of Pulp Fiction... it worked out nice :)

SHUT UP!!!!

:(

397157[/snapback]

There's seomthin' strange...

In the neighborhood...

Who ya gonna call?

ZETA OTAKU!

397161[/snapback]

LOL! That's awesome!

Back on topic, my 1/48 Low-Viz are the most expensive items in my collection. I was late to the party so I ended up paying a bit more than I would have preferred ($300 average). But hey, I got 'em and at least I didn't have to pay the outrageous pricetag they now command.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

SHUT UP!!!!

No lie, my friends and I were looking into making quality ghostbusters costumes and we quit when we saw just how crazy the prices could get. Instead we went with the cast of Pulp Fiction... it worked out nice :)

397169[/snapback]

lol, nice... well, it was worth it... I made back the money plus some from winning contests and stuff...

the only sucky part... climbing several flights of stairs wearing an extra 50 pounds of costume...

not... fun...

397136[/snapback]

I guess the inevitable question is... what the heck is your occupation that allows you to buy several hundred thousand dollars worth of toys? (not including your big boy toys which I imagine means you are a millionaire).

-edit I see you already answered in this thread.

SHUT UP!!!!

:(

397157[/snapback]

That's rad. I hope you have a working Proton Pack and Particle Thrower!

Edited by ComicKaze

397136[/snapback]

And I take pride in the fact that I just made off with 11 1/60s at just under $410.

Well since I have only 14 pieces of anime related stuf and only 4 of those not being books.

$67 on my Kazutaka Miyatake Design Works book

But my anime related stuff in total has got to be around 500-1500, because most of the manga I have is anime related. Which reminds me I gotta build/buy another book shelf soon!

That's rad. I hope you have a working Proton Pack and Particle Thrower!

397248[/snapback]

well, it's got working lights in the pack and thrower, the thrower's tip lights up and the whole gun shakes (two settings!) when you hit the trigger. I have a set of ecto goggles (nothing fancy) and a trap that I plan to trick out to actually open and have a mini-light show when the doors open....

$270 on my Darth Sidious LE lightsaber #798.

Timewise, I spent something like 10 years hunting for the Orguss 02 cd soundtrack to discover that manga video put new music in the dub, and that's the music I liked, while what was on the CD made me angry at wasting all that energy hunting for that CD over those ten years. I'm not going to repeat that kind of mistake ever again! :p