Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time before we see the Screamer repaint. This IS Takaratomy we're talking about after all. How many WRX Alternator repaints did we get?

Nice catch DH on the muzzles, someone at TAKA must have been working on the cheap and decided just to mirror those two molds. I'll bet most of the parts end up being that way.

huh... starscream's hands are more articulated than prime's!

I'm used to the paint job now, my pre-order with twin moon is safe.

:)

418957[/snapback]

I though Prime had articulated fingers close to a PG Gundam. If not, what a waste of such big hands.

The nozzles strike me as too long and tapering too slowly. Should be more conical, they're too tubular. Could all be an effect of being vectoring nozzles.

Oh, and the pic of all the features/gimmicks--the lower left one. As far as I can tell, they're showing off a screw.

Doubt it. It's a screw to hold the nose together. If it was a connection point, it should be on both sides.

PS--looking closely I noticed my guess was correct about the tail. It has a small "Decepticon-ized" badge, instead of a USAF TAC/ACC badge. Most people here probably don't know what that means, but think of it like that Decepticon police badge we've all seen from the movie. It's just like that, only for the USAF. It's very small, above the SS tailcode. There's also one under the gun muzzle(s). (Though that should be a squadron badge on the left and the wing badge on the right)

Still have no clue as to "22 QT" for the tail numbering. The overall tail markings say "Squadron Commander" to me. 22nd anniversary? (1984-2006).

I hate to say it, but this SS is starting to look better with every new pic. The bot mode just looks satanic with those higher angled wings. Still, I think Skywarp and Tcracker will be even better.

And I agree, the premier air superiority fighter of the 70s and 80s deserves a proper tranforming mecha like this.

Starscream isn't in scale with Prime, but it looks like it will be able to stand eye to eye with a 1/48.

Isn't in vehicle scale. Robots look like they'll be about even. And bot mode is what matters for a Transformer.

Starscream isn't in scale with Prime, but it looks like it will be able to stand eye to eye with a 1/48.

Isn't in vehicle scale. Robots look like they'll be about even. And bot mode is what matters for a Transformer.

419108[/snapback]

Bit shorter. tformers.com has a pic from a japanese hobby show last week. Screamer only looks "even" with the stand and him suspended in mid air. But if one were to remove the stand and make them stand side by side, screamer is a few inches shorter.

On another tangent: does anyone own the Unicron Armada figure?  Released back in 2003 I think .... any thoughts?  Is it any good?  Worth owning or what?

419123[/snapback]

GREAT figure. Not the best transformer ever but if you liked the Unicron character or the old movie, you'll probably love the figure. You can even shove a minicon into his stomach. I give him a 4.5/5. Had his wings on his back been stable I would rate him higher. He's got great articulation and nice gimmicks. I only wish his missle gimmicks did not need a minicon to unlock them.

He's got a good amount of detail too and he is imposing and evil looking.

He is definitely a must have and the best figure from armada.

i had a thought, has anybody seen a size chart of how each robot should look in their robot form size wise. i would love to see megatron next to any seeker. and most autobots compared to most decipticons. and after some thinking the biggest gestult should be superion.

i had a thought,  has anybody seen a size chart of how each robot should look in their robot form size wise.  i would love to see megatron next to any seeker.  and most autobots compared to most decipticons.  and after some thinking the biggest gestult should be superion.

419211[/snapback]

Never seen that for transformers, I did once see that done for super robots, and there is an entire website dedicated to that for sci-fi starships.

It is a better figure than the average, but not perfect... The planet mode is flat on the back and those chompers make it look like a cartoon gargabe disposal...

I had it on display in planet mode sitting on a stand and one day my inlaws came to visit, saw the thing and went WTF is that?!?!

On another tangent: does anyone own the Unicron Armada figure?  Released back in 2003 I think .... any thoughts?  Is it any good?  Worth owning or what?  :D

419123[/snapback]

GREAT figure. Not the best transformer ever but if you liked the Unicron character or the old movie, you'll probably love the figure. You can even shove a minicon into his stomach. I give him a 4.5/5. Had his wings on his back been stable I would rate him higher. He's got great articulation and nice gimmicks. I only wish his missle gimmicks did not need a minicon to unlock them.

He's got a good amount of detail too and he is imposing and evil looking.

He is definitely a must have and the best figure from armada.

419148[/snapback]

It is a better figure than the average, but not perfect... The planet mode is flat on the back and those chompers make it look like a cartoon gargabe disposal...

I had it on display in planet mode sitting on a stand and one day my inlaws came to visit, saw the thing and went WTF is that?!?!

I couldn't stand planet mode... it doesn't look like a planet, imo. It looked like a big angry muffin top.

Armada Unicron's planet mode is, admittedly a bit weak...but bot mode (the most important, IMO) is excellent. He doesn't look like he belongs in the Armada line. He's too good for that line. :p

In other Unicron news, I came *this* close to buying one of those little diecast Titanium series statues of him last night... but the proportions were just too hideous. :unsure:

I couldn't stand planet mode... it doesn't look like a planet, imo. It looked like a big angry muffin top.

419250[/snapback]

That has to be the best evaluation of Armada Unicron ever.

That aside he is worth getting for bot mode. If the planet mode was better I would have bought two, but really this Unicron is only worth displaying in robot mode.

classics jetfire

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tf...5jetfiremp5.jpg

definitely looks like g1 jetfire toy, g1 skyfire character design, and an F-14/NATF smacked into one!~

For those of you following Stormbringer or Don's G1 series that got cancelled, THIS design is a deadringer for how he drew Jet/Skyfire in those series.

AWESOME!!

BTW I think he has the helmet on in this small pic, it should be able to be flipped up to show the g1 skyfire face, which is in accordance of the rumor of having a face plate.

BTW in the comics Don draws, jetfire/skyfire loooks like a uber homage bulked up bad ass g1 jetfire toy yet distinctly different from a VF-1`.

THIS IS AWESOME!

Crikey, that IS awesome Shin. Man those comics were awesome, but they made a TOY of it!

EDIT: His fighter mode looks a little sucky. I need better pics.

Edited by kensei

Crikey, that IS awesome Shin. Man those comics were awesome, but they made a TOY of it!

EDIT: His fighter mode looks a little sucky. I need better pics.

419331[/snapback]

I believe the wings can swing forward like the F-14. For what its worth I like it, see in the old g1 skyfire was a huge ass space capable cargo plane.

This one screams fighter yet maintains an homage to previous sky and jetfires. If anything its a fighter this time around and has an F-14 homage, which I love.

Try finding his alt mode from the g1 series that Don worked on for DW that was cancelled(the one where sky or jetfire kicks sunstorm's ass). That alt mode is the same as this.

btw his alt mode was always blocky it was never sleek.

But if anything this blows ALL the former jetfire toys away!(cept g1 since he was a valkyrie but still this is GREAT! and the best one since!)

And Kensei stormbringer just came out last wednesday, so you should track that down too!

Cool! Thanks Shin.

BTW, when are these going to start hitting the shelves...Classics in general I mean...not jet/skyfire (I know he'll be in wave 2).

Chris

419108[/snapback]

Bit shorter. tformers.com has a pic from a japanese hobby show last week. Screamer only looks "even" with the stand and him suspended in mid air. But if one were to remove the stand and make them stand side by side, screamer is a few inches shorter.

419147[/snapback]

Ah, the stand... I forgot to account for that.