Official Transformers Super Thread 3

classics jetfire

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tf...5jetfiremp5.jpg

definitely looks like g1 jetfire toy, g1 skyfire character design, and an F-14/NATF smacked into one!~

For those of you following Stormbringer or Don's G1 series that got cancelled, THIS design is a deadringer for how he drew Jet/Skyfire in those series.

AWESOME!!

BTW I think he has the helmet on in this small pic, it should be able to be flipped up to show the g1 skyfire face, which is in accordance of the rumor of having a face plate.

BTW in the comics Don draws, jetfire/skyfire loooks like a uber homage bulked up bad ass g1 jetfire toy yet distinctly different from a VF-1`.

THIS IS AWESOME!

419327[/snapback]

I'm glad they're making this Jetfire, but I so wish they made SKYFIRE just like from the cartoon, that was da bomb looking design. Stormbringer Jetfire looks too much like the compromise of the valkryie form to me. But still I'm getting him as well as the Titanium Jetfire when that comes out as well.

classics jetfire

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tf...5jetfiremp5.jpg

definitely looks like g1 jetfire toy, g1 skyfire character design, and an F-14/NATF smacked into one!~

For those of you following Stormbringer or Don's G1 series that got cancelled, THIS design is a deadringer for how he drew Jet/Skyfire in those series.

AWESOME!!

BTW I think he has the helmet on in this small pic, it should be able to be flipped up to show the g1 skyfire face, which is in accordance of the rumor of having a face plate.

BTW in the comics Don draws, jetfire/skyfire loooks like a uber homage bulked up bad ass g1 jetfire toy yet distinctly different from a VF-1`.

THIS IS AWESOME!

419327[/snapback]

I'm glad they're making this Jetfire, but I so wish they made SKYFIRE just like from the cartoon, that was da bomb looking design. Stormbringer Jetfire looks too much like the compromise of the valkryie form to me. But still I'm getting him as well as the Titanium Jetfire when that comes out as well.

419559[/snapback]

If you move the faceplate up or down, he actually has g1 skyfire's head...same with chest.........

Thanks for the comments on Unicron Armada folks - appreciate it. It does look good, but very plasticky .... wasn't sure if it was too simplified or not. I'm thinking that might be next on my list, AFTER I complete a couple more gestalt sets AND AFTER the barrage of Yamato valkyries to be released this fall.

I also wanna get a couple of the TF Classic line figures - when are they being released?

Man, budget is going to be tight.

<_<

Edited by Vermillion21

Thanks for the comments on Unicron Armada folks - appreciate it.  It does look good, but very plasticky .... wasn't sure if it was too simplified or not.  I'm thinking that might be next on my list, AFTER I complete a couple more gestalt sets AND AFTER the barrage of Yamato valkyries to be released this fall.

I also wanna get a couple of the TF Classic line figures - when are they being released?

Man, budget is going to be tight.

<_<

419577[/snapback]

Classics at earliest will hit late summer.

Saturation should be by november.

Deluxe=$9.99

Voyager(Mega)-$19.99

Jetfire is in wave 2 and is a mega.

There is another all new deluxe mold g1 prime in a 2pack with an all new deluxe green tank megatron for $19.99 and comes with a dvd. I hear the prime in this 2 pack resembles the robot master prime but is NOT robot master prime. He supposedly has a nontraditional weapon and internal gimmicks. The pics of megs that tfw recieved were most likely mistransformed btw.

For what it is, unicron ain't bad. Totally better than what they were about to release in the mid80s. Good god. Talk about teh suck.

Also I bought mine postxmas clearance@target in 03 for 22$, so I ain't complaining!

And compared to the rest of armada, he ain't simple at all!(The only figures you really need from armada are unicron and deluxe "bendy prime", who turns out is also a targetmaster!)

I just finished reading some of the threads in the "toys" section ... holy s---!! With ALL the new Yamato valkyries coming out this fall, there is no way I can get Unicron now. He will have to wait.

:(

For what it is, unicron ain't bad. Totally better than what they were about to release in the mid80s. Good god.  Talk about teh suck.

Could be said about MOST of the gen1 Transformers, if you look at it objectively.

But... what sort of Unicron WAS planned for the Gen1 release? I'm not familiar with it, and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

For what it is, unicron ain't bad. Totally better than what they were about to release in the mid80s. Good god.  Talk about teh suck.

Could be said about MOST of the gen1 Transformers, if you look at it objectively.

But... what sort of Unicron WAS planned for the Gen1 release? I'm not familiar with it, and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

419624[/snapback]

Green egg shaped body with head and thin limbs...think Dr. Robotnik crack baby w/Boss Borot-like arms from Mazinga Z and the Unicron head and horns from cartoon. It was bad. Be happy it never came out. In fact the armada one looks more g1 accurate than the cancelled g1 unicron ever did! LOL but its very true!!

And yes I agree most g1 tfs did suck ass.

If I remember right, at some point the Beast Wars storyline was going to reintroduce Unicron...I remember they had a prototype sculpt of him but it never came to be.....

419639[/snapback]

Beast Wars Neo.

Takara made the sculpt, had a poll and petition but there were not enough fan fans that joined the petition for them to financially make it.

It certainly looked awesome but Aaron Archer of hasbro did say that the prototype itself was a floppy mess and not very stable.

Looks can be decieving fellas. Still that was a very impressive angry looking unicron.

419624[/snapback]

Green egg shaped body with head and thin limbs...think Dr. Robotnik crack baby w/Boss Borot-like arms from Mazinga Z and the Unicron head and horns from cartoon. It was bad. Be happy it never came out. In fact the armada one looks more g1 accurate than the cancelled g1 unicron ever did! LOL but its very true!!

*laughs*

Green? Seriously?

They could've at least spent money on a paint job...

419624[/snapback]

*laughs*

Green? Seriously?

They could've at least spent money on a paint job...

419650[/snapback]

Yes green body. With bright orange yellow limbs. Trust me this thing would have been a monstrosity amongst the bigger transformers of g1 back then(Fort max, metroplex, dezaurus, scorponok, metroplex et al). The sculpting on those guys at least was bearable and they looked heavy, mechanized, and ready to kill.

The g1 unicron proto looked like ass through and through. The armada one makes it look like a joke seriously.

The g1 unicron proto looked like ass through and through.  The armada one makes it look like a joke seriously.

419656[/snapback]

No, the G1 Unicron toy makes the G1 Unicron toy look like a joke. The Armada just makes us thankful it never came into being. However, Beast Wars Neo Unicron makes the Armada Unicron look like a joke, and that's the saddest part of all.

All I can say is thank whoever god you belive for this staying on Pandora's Box..

419780[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks for the link! That first unicron prototype was just hideous. amusingly hideous though.

419786[/snapback]

Yah. Hard to say which of the G1 protos was worse... I think the blue+yellow one, but it's close.

That Beast Wars one was awesome, though.

The big backpack on the BWNeo one kind of hurt the robot's look, though, allowing the Armada/Energon version to compete on robot mode(despite an abysmal planet).

Would've been neater if it BWNeo's backpack was hollow and folded out or collapsed or something.

Just found Alt Prime today. Not sure what to think. He looks cool, and the kibble doesn't bother me as bad as I thought it would, but he's pretty much a floppy mess. The chest doesn't lock down, the shoulders/arms don't lock into place, and the knees are so loose that he cannot stand unless the panels that cover the knees in back are folded up, which basically renders him kneeless...*sigh*

Weren't people complaining before about how TIGHT the knees were?

Just found Alt Prime today.  Not sure what to think.  He looks cool, and the kibble doesn't bother me as bad as I thought it would, but he's pretty much a floppy mess.  The chest doesn't lock down, the shoulders/arms don't lock into place, and the knees are so loose that he cannot stand unless the panels that cover the knees in back are folded up, which basically renders him kneeless...*sigh*

Weren't people complaining before about how TIGHT the knees were?

419920[/snapback]

Nope, how tight to pull the legs down.

BTW ladies and gents, despite how awesome the bwneo unicron looked, its been said that it was in acutality very very floppy and not that stable. The stance in some of the pics where its leaning forward with its legs sprawled in opposite directions kind of shows this.

Yes that first unicron looks like a beach ball with limbs.

As for Prime yeah he is sort of a floppy mess sadly. Also mine seems to be sort of defective, he's got scratch marks on his face plate, a scuff or something below the right bumper, and the entire front bumper pops out of it's place during transformation.

And yes, the legs have a hard time pulling out and espically pushing back in. It's more of a pain in the ass for Nemesis then it is Prime....

Nemesis has tighter joints, but he's still got floppy leg syndrom like Prime.

When i got alternators prime the other day, was really dissapointed once i got him outta the box, really crappy assembly, scuffed/scratched/bubbled paint and loose joints. So crap infact i returned it.

It was a bummer, cause he kinda looked cool. ah well.

When i got alternators prime the other day, was really dissapointed once i got him outta the box, really crappy assembly, scuffed/scratched/bubbled paint and loose joints. So crap infact i returned it.

It was a bummer, cause he kinda looked cool. ah well.

419962[/snapback]

ZOMG, it's a hasbro DEBACLE!

hah.

Sucks to hear that alt prime isn't panning out... prime is pretty much the only TF I still collect and I guess I'll have to pass up this version as well.

Has any seen the 6" Titanium line out yet, I thought they should have been popping up already or is is a fall launch? Just waiting to get WW Prime.