Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I didn't realize till I saw some concept CG on Season 2 where I went "WOW! Hey that Rhinox looks like my BW toy" and sure enough it was....same with cheetor.  But Turantulus doesn't have that same head does he? Or does he have the same thing where he can switch from a "mutant" head to a robotic version?

I think all I got left to collect is Turantulus and DinoBot and I'll have all the Reissued BW toys....I think I might pass on Primal and Megs reissues cause they look like complete crap.

411972[/snapback]

Not sure about Tarantulus.

Primal and Megatron reissues look like crap? Your not talking about the originals retooled for japan released in the 2 pack are you? That one might be coming to TRU as an exclusive. And those ones kicked ass. WE are getting the original primal and megatron for TRU but so far we are not sure if its the japanese retool or if its just the original molds.

The mass market new mold primal and megatron coming out...well primal sucks but megatron is a keeper for sure. These are sold individually.

Mainframe never implemented every feature found in the toyline onto the show.

Let me veer off topic awhile, but can someone tell me the name of the Autobot which could transform into a jet AND an aircraft carrier? Is he featured in any parts of the cartoon? Cause if it did, there's some really big differences of scale and anime-magic. XD

Broadside was such a sad toy. As a kid, you had to love the concept... a jet AND an aircraft carrier... and a robot that has an axe! But I pulled him out of one of my boxes a few weeks back. He's a brick. Flip him one side and he sort of looks like a carrier. Flip him over and he's... well, he sort of resembles a brick with wings and tailfins... you could make a more aerodynamic plane with Lincoln logs. Flip and pull a few pieces and you have a brick with a head and barely articulated things resembling arms...

And as a character? The guy got seasick and was afraid of heights! What sick person forced his alternate forms on him?!? :blink:

Broadside was such a sad toy. As a kid, you had to love the concept... a jet AND an aircraft carrier... and a robot that has an axe! But I pulled him out of one of my boxes a few weeks back. He's a brick. Flip him one side and he sort of looks like a carrier. Flip him over and he's... well, he sort of resembles a brick with wings and tailfins... you could make a more aerodynamic plane with Lincoln logs. Flip and pull a few pieces and you have a brick with a head and barely articulated things resembling arms...

In short, they just didn't care.

Blitzwing and Astrotrain were at least tolerable in all 3 modes, and they were the FIRST triplechangers. Aren't things supposed to get BETTER as time goes on?

And as a character? The guy got seasick and was afraid of heights! What sick person forced his alternate forms on him?!?  :blink:

412125[/snapback]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAAH! Seasick and afraid of heights...that's hilariuos.

THanks. Surfed the net for broadside photos. Wonder why he holds some kinda childhood intrigue to me. Perhaps its cause he's one of the cheaper triple changers.

He's a jet and a aircraft carrier at the same time... gotta love scale magic :rolleyes:

Sorry, but  there's just something about that Starscream toy pic which looks so gay.

3.jpg

Graham

412026[/snapback]

but at least he has nothing obstructing the back of his legs like this:

1386906361686449317_rs.jpg

the second proto with "girl legs" looks cleaner as a toy in some ways. People who drew him in the cartoon had the advantage that: as little kids, we didn't care about stuff like that so we never scrutinised it.

The statue gives him super deformed Megaman-style legs and hands which in a way make him seem more expressive and cartoony.

Here are some comic book star screams with missing detail:

180px-Starscream_comic.jpg200px-Starscream_underbase.jpgDw_screamer.jpg

So all the comic books and cartoons have that advantage of just having stuff shrink into nothingness. Unlike with optimus and soundwave who don't have bits "hanging out", (just boxes) the SS toy has to deviate a little to make it look clean like the comic where you don't see the pokey bits.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

mpss.jpg

^

They could probably make those things hip lasers like the yf19, sort of like how hot rod in the movie had that buzzsaw in his arm.. :D

While the extra forearm plating = armband shield against a melee attack. TF fans will just have to eventually get used to this starscream being the official one.

Note how his wings look like they've been angled upward like set of demon wings? Looks much better after closer inspection.

-forearm shield

-can run without tripping over

-has four lasers to shoot at you simultaneously

-less blocky

^

too many good things to turn back now.. May as well put a UN SPACY symbol on him and be done with it..:D Then bring on the Masterpiece G1 jetfire.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Interesting...

But I wish they got Beagle 2 right. I don't think it was a rover. See here for what Beagle 2 actually looks like...

Dunno. It's kinda like the original Superman Returns teasers that came out. It's hard to get any sort of "feeling" for the movie.

mpss.jpg

^

They could probably make those things hip lasers like the yf19, sort of like how hot rod in the movie had that buzzsaw in his arm.. :D

While the extra forearm plating = armband shield against a melee attack. TF fans will just have to eventually get used to this starscream being the official one.

Note how his wings look like they've been angled upward like set of demon wings? Looks much better after closer inspection.

-forearm shield

-can run without tripping over

-has four lasers to shoot at you simultaneously

-less blocky

^

too many good things to turn back now.. May as well put a UN SPACY symbol on him and be done with it..:D Then bring on the Masterpiece G1 jetfire.

412319[/snapback]

The wings on the hips don't look good I'd rather have em on the legs. I don't think it matters if his legs are freed up from wing clutter it still won't be very possable, looks back heavy.

We interrupt your Starscream and TF-Movie discussion to just let you know that Alternator Mirage and Jazz/Meister (white) had just been spotted at our local walmart. The spotter (aka me) promptly bought them and asked for more (including the redneck Dodge Prime). Regrettably, tho really not unexpectedly, the aisle-employee stated these two are the only ones in the store and suggested I check again tomorrow or this weekend or something.

at any rate, here are the pics:

miragealt0030gt.th.jpg miragealt0049wx.th.jpg

miragealt0055rn.th.jpg miragealt0067fk.th.jpg

miragealt0074od.th.jpg miragealt0084ed.th.jpg

pics to be continued at the next post due to pic-limit per post...

Alt. Mirage is about the only release i'm really looking forward to in the Alternators line.

just when I thought my interest in BT's had ended.. sold. I'm getting that fo' sho'.

412671[/snapback]

Actually Guppy, TakaraTomy has moved away from making their Alternator Mold Transformers in Die-cast i really don't know what kind of Mirage to expect from them because of this (if at all), but I'm hoping they'll come to their senses when this TF:Kiss idea bombs and move back to making Real Metal Binaltechs with Mirage as one of their first new releases. Here's hoping.

Ever since I found some of my old childhood transformer toys a couple of weeks back ... I'm starting to get the urge to begin "collecting" TFs seriously again.

Right now, I'm looking to complete Computron - the Technobot combiners series!!

:)

My wallet hates me.

:p

So yeah... I've seen the trailer now.

My inner nerd objects horribly loudly to the fact that they're using Spirit/Opportunity to fill in for the Beagle 2, which wasn't even a rover(it was a robot arm on a platform. The ESA needs to focus more on coolness next time.).

The rest of me likes the all-too-brief shot of a giant robot beating the crap out of the rover.

But enjoys the transforming logo more, and giggles like a drunken schoolgirl when it folds into the autobot logo at the end, even though the Decepticons had a better emblem.

How much of Computron do you have?  It's usually easier/cheaper to buy a whole one than search for parts.  You'll end up paying 10 bucks for one little gun...

412729[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice.

Right now, I have 3 of the smaller figures (Lightspeed, Strafe, & Afterburner) complete with their accessories. I'm planning on getting Scattershot & Nosecone sometime soon ... I'll probably get a 'complete' Scattershot - seeing as I need the Computron parts ... but I can live with just a Nosecone figure and no weapons.

:)

Kawamori what have you done to my masterpiece SS????? :( I want the most perfect homage to G1 starscream not a dirty love child of SS and a vf-19.

PS - I'm almost 100% sure the hip kibble isn't detachable since the tail booms are now too long to be re-attached to the legs

*sighs*

Can we move on from Masterpiece Starscream and where everyone thinks the design compromises should land?

Behold Pretender Starscream! They found a way to NOT throw tailfins away while still getting a semi-cartoon-accurate design! And the solution sucks!

post-720-1151744057.jpg

post-720-1151744161.jpg

Edited by JB0