Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Hey Fit For Natalie,

Do you know if Takara has stopped all the toy BT series with BT-17 ... and now are only producting the BTA series?

And are the BTA action figures worth their price?

I have BT-01 to BT-10 ... and thinking about buying the remaining up to BT-17...or would it be better to stick with Alternators?

What do you guys think?

414796[/snapback]

I'm not FFN,

but i think i can at least partially answer your questions.

As of now, as far as anyone knows, Takara has ceased production on both the BT series and the BTA series.

Their next upcoming toy series involving repainted Alternators and i mean repainted Alternators as in there will be no more diecast in their molds, is the upcoming Transformers KISS line with KISS Convoy & Melissa (Repainted Alternators OPs). Followed possibly by a repainted Alternators Mirage in Hot Rod (the character) Colors. That repainted Alt. Mirage bit though is only speculation at this time. Only KISS Convoy and some of the other female characters in the Transformers KISS radio drama (sold seperately) are confirmed so far.

Here's a good reference for info about these upcoming releases:

http://www.fantofan.jp/

The bad thing about KISS Convoy is he's going to retain basically the same price point as the BTA guys and he has no diecast to speak of in his design. As i think FFN pointed out, it looks like Takara thinks by including a CD (Design Artwork) with the bot, they can charge essentially the same price for the figure even though he's missing a key component that made those initial releases worth the price of admission.

As far as whether you should stick to BT or Alternators, i can't really answer that question because both have their positives and negatives. If price isn't an issue it all really comes down to personal prefernce. I like them both and try to buy one of each whenever possible. Esp. with the last few releases in the line having slight differences between series (Prowl, Skids, Sunstreaker etc.). One thing to consider though, if Takara keeps up with stuff like this KISS idea, they might be pricing themselves out of the market. Maybe even to the point that this debate won't even be an issue anymore. :unsure:

Hope that helps.

Edited by Veritas

I think it's interesting the way his feet rotate for transformation instead of flip down. Very inginuative. :) I like him....but I gues I'm in the minority.

Chris

I think it's interesting the way his feet rotate for transformation instead of flip down. Very inginuative. :) I like him....but I gues I'm in the minority.

Chris

414955[/snapback]

Nope I like him too! I've been waiting nearly 20 years for this, I could give a shi* less how ung1 the transformation is, all that matters to me is that...

its an F-15

robot mode definitely based on the g1 design

fully articulated!

Everything else bla, to me its AWESOME!

I'm with Shin...I'll be getting MP Screamer no matter what. Granted, I liked the waist kibble more when it was on his legs...but he'll be mine no matter what. The Skywarp repaint especially should be sweet.

Chris

414955[/snapback]

Nope I like him too! I've been waiting nearly 20 years for this, I could give a shi* less how ung1 the transformation is, all that matters to me is that...

its an F-15

fully articulated!

415073[/snapback]

I agree with both of you. :)

Chris

414955[/snapback]

its an F-15

fully articulated!

415073[/snapback]

I agree with both of you. :)

415130[/snapback]

Ditto

i havent checked out this thread for a while due to crazy OT, so i will ask "what the hell happened to starscream"? when and who made the stupid change? i thought the original sample is solid (good). the new one is totally horrible. kyatsu :blink:<_<:(:angry::o:unsure:

i am having second thought about purchasing it now.

Anyone know if Takara will re-issue the G1 Mirage?

:)

414959[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it Vermillion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage_(Transformers)

Right under the Generation 1 subtitle.

<_<

Mirage was one of my favortie characters so that was news to me when i read it.

But hey, at least Alt. Mirage is finally hitting stores! It might not be the G1 reissue you've been hoping for, but i think it makes a pretty worthy substitute.

:D

i havent checked out this thread for a while due to crazy OT, so i will ask "what the hell happened to starscream"?  when and who made the stupid change? i thought the original sample is solid (good). the new one is totally horrible. kyatsu  :blink:  <_<  :(  :angry:  :o  :unsure:

i am having second thought about purchasing it now.

415145[/snapback]

Shoji Kawamori

Anyone know if Takara will re-issue the G1 Mirage?

:)

414959[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it Vermillion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage_(Transformers)

Right under the Generation 1 subtitle.

<_<

Mirage was one of my favortie characters so that was news to me when i read it.

But hey, at least Alt. Mirage is finally hitting stores! It might not be the G1 reissue you've been hoping for, but i think it makes a pretty worthy substitute.

:D

415150[/snapback]

I've always had a soft spot for the original Mirage too. He was the first full-sized TF I ever got (my first three were Brawn, Rumble, and Ravage), and I thought he was was awesome, especially with his shoulder-mounted rocket launcher. He's one of the ones I regret breaking the most.

Then again, I regret breaking all of the TF's that I did. My mother still finds parts of Shockwave in the attic sometimes.

Good thing the reissues haven't done a lot for me.

I always wanted Mirage as a kid, and Alternator Mirage is a must-buy, but a reissue would be plagued by the same problems as the rest. It's a clunky brick with no articulation.

hey shin, when did kawamori change the design and is this the final prototype of starscream? man, it doesnt even look like starscream at all now. kyatsu  :unsure:

415209[/snapback]

He probably wanted more accuracy and less kibble showing in fighter mode. Maybe he didn't like the entire wing section hanging on the legs? The new design frees up the legs, had the original design been implemented, perhaps the weight of the entire assembly would weaken the ratchets and make them redundant? I dunno.

Anyways to me this new design brings in some fresh air. Its still; g1 starscream to me, just "modified".

looks like a revamped F-15 style of Starscream, I mean, it's still him, no doubt....but different.

^_^ if any of you guys are interested, the second episode of BeastWarsII is out on TFCog.net

Everyone did a great job working on it.

Man I just don't get it....but, I admit, I'm not a hardcore transformers fan, but all this " It doesn't look anything like starscream" talk has me perplexed. Not flamming anyone so please don't take offense, I really don't get the disapointment.

It still looks like Screamer to me just with waist stuff now. But like I said before I'm in the minority. Doctor Reggae I agree, I can't wait for a Skywarp repaint!

Chris

Sunstorm will probably look cool too, assuming they do him.

Hell, they could also try to do an Air Raid repaint (of the Aerialbots), but his robot mode is completely different. Be kind of cool, though...

Man I just don't get it....but, I admit, I'm not a hardcore transformers fan, but all this " It doesn't look anything like starscream" talk has me perplexed. Not flamming anyone so please don't take offense, I really don't get the disapointment.

It still looks like Screamer to me just with waist stuff now. But like I said before I'm in the minority. Doctor Reggae I agree, I can't wait for a Skywarp repaint!

Chris

415288[/snapback]

No i agree as well! I mean seriously how long have ANY of us waited for a fully articulate fairly accurate alt mode F-15? 20 years for most of us!

And shoot smokescreen the bt/alt wasn't no nissan and yet people love the bt/alt to death. It puzzles me as well.

I cancelled my preorder after seeing the second prototype. It is a decent enough looking robot but it just isn't worth $100 to me. The appeal of the MP Prime is that it really looked like the cartoon to me. This new prototype just doesn't have that same appeal.

First shots of MOVIE Optimus Prime's vehicle mode.

So here we are. Below I have a still taken by a long-time and trusted spy deep within Dreamworks' infrastructure from some exterior shooting of TRANSFORMERS. It is of the vehicle form of Optimus Prime. Yes, he's a truck. Yes, he's red. Yes, he's totally Michael Bay-ized. The picture will relieve some fans and probably infuriate some other fans. But I guarantee this... if that truck transforms into a badass giant robot and we hear Peter Cullen's voice coming from the big bastard, you'll see some orgasmically happy fanboys and girls. Hopefully Bay made the right decision with the voice casting.

Enjoy the picture while you can. I have a feeling it won't be up for long...

post-31-1152686565_thumb.jpg

all the better to be in disguise! Everyone knows bright red flames are the best form of camouflage!

I am hating the paint scheme. why can't they just be traditional and make it red?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOU BAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Why why why? At lthe very LEAST, a flat nose... but NOOOOoooOOOooOOOooooOOOooOoooooo...

Rant finished.

415420[/snapback]

I think purists have only just begun.

I dont get it either.

yeah theres red, its a semi,

but what does prime look like in bot mode? :ph34r:

Lets hope this is just the truck that teletran 'scans' and the Red and blue colour scheme from the original stays the same.

But why o why change one of the most iconic robot heroes of all time? Bumble bee i can handle, 'cause he looks cool, and the others - myeh - i won't be fussed.

Its like as if they made a live action Macross - and changed the Vf's shape and or colour, or made the SDF-1 a saucer shaped ship. That wouldn't be fun, no kiddies, it wouldn't.

I cancelled my preorder after seeing the second prototype. It is a decent enough looking robot but it just isn't worth $100 to me. The appeal of the MP Prime is that it really looked like the cartoon to me. This new prototype just doesn't have that same appeal.

415395[/snapback]

… You do know that there is a pretty big chance of the kibble being removable, right?

I mean, there hasn’t been a single pic of the gimmicks the original design boasted on paper (smirk face, crown, opening nose, engine detail) and people aren’t going “they lied, if this doesn’t have gimmicks it isn’t a MP!!!â€.

Why not wait a few days and see what he August magazines have?

GAH.....

That's Rhino. XD

And the flames....why?!

415400[/snapback]

Dude...was that a MASK reference I just saw/read? :D

As an old-school fan from way back, and as a moderately strict purist, I have to say that I'm more or less ok with the movie's truck mode. Sure, the real test will be to see the alt mode, and hear the voice, but I'm willing to keep my mind open.