Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Yeah, alot of those bootlegs mixed the techno-bots, stunticons, protecto-bots, etc..

I was never a Starscream fan, so I know I won't be getting the MP release.

:)

I have been interested in getting G1 TF gestalt combiner sets lately - thank goodness for eBay!! Even if a lot of the figures are way overpriced. I managed to complete the Technobots/Computron set and am in the process of trying to get the Aerialbots/Superion series.

Considered the KO bootleg remakes, but based on comments they don't seem worth it at all.

Here's my collection of the G1 combiner bootlegs. I think they're all right, $5! Though I did pay $9 for Abominus. I wonder why there was never a bootleg of Computron made.

Thanks for sharing the pics mate!!

Any comments on their quality? Good, bad, ok, or complete crap?!?

And FYI Metal_Massacre_79 is right, looks like your Menasor has 2 technobot figures for legs: Nosecone and Lightspeed!

Edited by Vermillion21

The bootlegs are alright. As stated when you put them together you gotta be careful, I snapped a peg on Bruticus' leg trying to attach it. I ended using tape. Devastator is wobbly as well. The protectobots and superion are o.k. Yes, Menasor has two technobot legs, that's how these bootlegs come in, they combine some toher gestalts sometimes. I think there is a bootleg of Computron's two arms being used on another one. I think they're o.k. if you're going to just put them up on a shelf, but if you want to move them around or put them in some funky pose, good luck.

i guess i am very picky about the look of starscream, i just think the new design looks very weird to me due to the funky stuff on the waist and the girly legs. kyatsu

415826[/snapback]

Fair enough.

On the whole, I far prefer the extra junk dangling off the waist better than dangling off the legs, even if it does add new "limbs." I admit it's not perfect, though. Cartoon Starscream seems impossible to pull off without part swapping, sadly.

I must be in the minority, I prefere the vehicle parts remain in some form, rather than magically dissapearing, or parts swapping. I have no problem with the tail fins on the legs, or the hips.

Has anyone heard on a potential US release for MPC Starscream? I would prefer to wait to get him $30 to $40 cheaper, but if it's going to be a Japan only release I might go with that version.

Guys, I have some bad news. If this is true... *sigh*

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.p...2334#post732334

"http://www.ipc-tokai.or.jp/cgi-bin/a-nikki.cgi?snakas

MP-03 Starscream

Law Visibility color

Destron crest of wing = light grey

white line marking at each parts

partially red/blue in chest and arm"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! F*CK!

Edited by meh_cd

Guys, I have some bad news. If this is true... *sigh*

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.p...2334#post732334

"http://www.ipc-tokai.or.jp/cgi-bin/a-nikki.cgi?snakas

MP-03 Starscream

Law Visibility color

Destron crest of wing = light grey

white line marking at each parts

partially red/blue in chest and arm"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! F*CK!

416213[/snapback]

so... other than the decepticon symbol being grey instead of purple.... what else changed?

so... other than the decepticon symbol being grey instead of purple.... what else changed?

416215[/snapback]

Low vis. LOW VIS. LOW VIS! Here's a picture thats floating around TFW2005, but it might be a photoshop job.

I really wanted a Skywarp repaint. :( Maybe I'll have to go to the Classics to get my G1 fix.

Edited by meh_cd

416215[/snapback]

Low vis. LOW VIS. LOW VIS! Here's a picture thats floating around TFW2005, but it might be a photoshop job.

http://zip.2chan.net/2/src/1152806402596.jpg

416217[/snapback]

might be? you think...?

light grey body, red in the chest, blue in the arms. That's starscreams colors.

The only difference it sounds like is a grey faction symbol and white accents instead of red accents on the wings. Why don't we all just calm down and wait for actual color photos to be released before freaking out.

I must be in the minority, I prefere the vehicle parts remain in some form, rather than magically dissapearing, or parts swapping. I have no problem with the tail fins on the legs, or the hips.

416132[/snapback]

Parts-swapping always sucks.

I prefer the vehicle parts actually look like they might belong in robot mode, though.

That was my big problem with the first Starscream prototype. The stuff hanging off his legs very visibly didn't belong.

It looked like he'd just stepped in a jetplane.

The hip-danglers are ugly, but lack the plane-crash effect of the first prototype.

Yikes, I was hoping for a low viz or realistically colored screamer. But as an alternative to a regularly colored one... This really is starting to look less and less like a transformer and more and more like a valk... Why not just replace the head with a more robotic one and call it the SS-1?

Yikes, I was hoping for a low viz or realistically colored screamer. But as an alternative to a regularly colored one... This really is starting to look less and less like a transformer and more and more like a valk... Why not just replace the head with a more robotic one and call it the SS-1?

416272[/snapback]

people keep complaining about the colors, but other than the white accents and the grey emblem, nothing else has changed. Still that stupid red chest and the blue arms. What's all the yapping about?

Umm, that looks like a fan photoshopped image. Is that the old prototype version as well in the shot, the new hip-thingies people are whining about can't be seen.

Umm, that looks like a fan photoshopped image. Is that the old prototype version as well in the shot, the new hip-thingies people are whining about can't be seen.

416301[/snapback]

They do appear, they are just positioned looking to the back instead of in the holster position we know (they must have erased the end of the tailfins when photoshoping because they should stick out of the back of Starscream).

Yeah that definately looks photoshoped. That isn't even red, it's more like pink....like Nora'a SV-51. IF that is real, I hope they change THAT color. Overall, still like it.

Chris

Yeah that definately looks photoshoped. That isn't even red, it's more like pink....like Nora'a SV-51. IF that is real, I hope they change THAT color. Overall, still like it.

Chris

416311[/snapback]

It looks like they used the Gradient Map tool from Photoshop. That tool is a fast way to color stuff but you get artificial/weird looking tones like the ones the pic has.

Cartoon colours Starscream will be sold for 12,000 yen on Takara's STARS membership club (which has a fee).

New in DESPERATE TAKARA MARKETING

TF Kiss Hot Rod and Bondage Girl!

takara-000693L.jpg

"We at Takara-Tomy believe that by combining Giant Robots with Underage-looking sexual content, we will corner the market in Giant Robots with Underage-looking sexual content!" - Takara-Tomy Chairman of Marketing.

Japanese TF fans are apparently rather upset with this line.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

SWEET!!! I Can't wait to get this!!!!! I noticed he seems to come with AIM-9 sidwinders too! Jet looks beautiful!!!

As for Bot mode, I can see the changes in the red circles but didn't notice any difference in the Green.

Chris

Wait...I see now. Never mind. Screamer looks awesome!!!!! I too will probably get all the seekers!

Fit For Nat, is that true about the cartoon colors?

Chris

Fit For Nat, is that true about the cartoon colors?

416479[/snapback]

Unfortanetly, that was the news making the rounds on all of the sties.

Among other things if i remember correctly, another "exclusive" only members could get their hands on is going to be the roller for MP-4 Convoy's Trailer. <_<

There was one or two other things, but those news tidbits seem to have been taken down from the original posts...

Edited by Veritas

Cartoon colours Starscream will be sold for 12,000 yen on Takara's STARS membership club (which has a fee).

New in DESPERATE TAKARA MARKETING

TF Kiss Hot Rod and Bondage Girl!

"We at Takara-Tomy believe that by combining Giant Robots with Underage-looking sexual content, we will corner the market in Giant Robots with Underage-looking sexual content!" - Takara-Tomy Chairman of Marketing.

Japanese TF fans are apparently rather upset with this line.

416469[/snapback]

Looks like great news to me. I can give up looking for Mirage now since I'd much rather have Rodimus. I'm sure Rodimus will have a more appealing head than Mirage, too. As for the little plastic girl figure, who cares? If you don't like it, throw it away. I'll buy Rodimus regardless of the pack-in figure.

Edited by eriku

Who cares? Its bloody disgusting. Japan should keep their quasi-pedophilic sexual deviance subculture the hell OUT of Transformers.

Takara shouldn't scrape the bloody bottom of the barrel so hard to appeal to perverts, if that is their target market now. Another problem is Takara's marketing is focusing on the underage-looking girlies, not the Transformers. Apparently there will be a large version of Marissa Faireborn with a tiny Alt Prime to go with the upskirt police girl with tiny BT Meister.

I hope this is a bad joke, because while other major kids robot lines farm out their popular female characters to companies like Yujin to make scantly clad 'DX' girlie figures, I don't believe Gundam or Zoids have gone as far as have a young girl tied up in bondage with collar and lock around her neck.

Who cares? Its bloody disgusting. Japan should keep their quasi-pedophilic sexual deviance subculture the hell OUT of Transformers.

Takara shouldn't scrape the bloody bottom of the barrel so hard to appeal to perverts, if that is their target market now. Another problem is Takara's marketing is focusing on the underage-looking girlies, not the Transformers. Apparently there will be a large version of Marissa Faireborn with a tiny Alt Prime to go with the upskirt police girl with tiny BT Meister.

I hope this is a bad joke, because while other major kids robot lines farm out their popular female characters to companies like Yujin to make scantly clad 'DX' girlie figures, I don't believe Gundam or Zoids have gone as far as have a young girl tied up in bondage with collar and lock around her neck.

416516[/snapback]

Well, Japan is Japan and everywhere else is everywhere else. Just because something is "bloody disgusting" or unacceptable to you or your culture doesn't make it wrong in general. Takara isn't making these for the American market, they're making them for the Japanese market, which is a lot more used to and tolerant of that brand of entertainment. I guess I'm not going to pretend to understand a mindset that I'm culturally separated from, so I can't really be offended by the "Kiss" characters. Basically all I really see and care about is a Transformer that I want to add to my collection. Anything beyond that is personal politics.

416516[/snapback]

Well, Japan is Japan and everywhere else is everywhere else. Just because something is "bloody disgusting" or unacceptable to you or your culture doesn't make it wrong in general. Takara isn't making these for the American market, they're making them for the Japanese market, which is a lot more used to and tolerant of that brand of entertainment. I guess I'm not going to pretend to understand a mindset that I'm culturally separated from, so I can't really be offended by the "Kiss" characters. Basically all I really see and care about is a Transformer that I want to add to my collection. Anything beyond that is personal politics.

416584[/snapback]

While I don't agree with your philosophy, I do agree that ploitics and moralism has little to do with transformers or this thread. Let's leave the politcal manifestos out of this.

Its called "Moe", people. And believe it or not, "moe" SELLS in Japan. But the bondage bit is abit disturbing though. That sketch might not be clear, will see the actual product. Its probably gonna be in pink cute leotards or something and not the black BDSM queen that our dirty minds are thinking. :lol: