New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Just some more random and pointless thoughts as I eagerly await the release -

It would have been cool (but not necessary) if the dorsal fuel blisters were removable, as seen when Shin jettisoned everything in the final episode.

EDIT: I just looked at the big scans in the toy section - I think they CAN be removed :o

Also, as the VF-0 was an experimental test-bed, I wonder if it was cleared to use RMS-1 missiles (or whatever they were called in M0). Compared to the VF-1, there's a nice recess between the legs where 2 or 4 missiles could be mounted, like the Phoenix missiles were mounted on the F-14. A 2/4-missile mouting pallete that mounts between the arms in lieu of the gunpod would have been sweet. I think this could be bashed together with the double missile racks from the VF-1 Fastpack set.

post-3171-1143317253.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

Looking at the scans of the transformation and comparing it to Mzero (from memory)I thought that the nose cone was too stubby, but now i see that given the length of the legs that the nose would have been too long and would have hung below or about knee level when in battroid mode. it would have looked off.

Graham: I remembered that you mentioned sometime ago that the seat had to be manually made to turn the right side up.

But from those pictures it seems that it tilts up as the nose cone goes into the chest. So is it true that the seat is part of the transformation?

You are all going to be very happy with this toy. It's loaded with improvements over the 1/48. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to go into details yet.

Graham

384535[/snapback]

bastid!!! Don't tease...

can't wait to hear more. ;)

You are all going to be very happy with this toy. It's loaded with improvements over the 1/48. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to go into details yet.

Graham

384535[/snapback]

I'm happy with it already and I dont even have it yet. :p

thanks for the scan graham.

The new May 2006 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine has some more pics of the Yamato 1/60 VF-0S, showing part of the transformation sequence.

See it here.

Graham

384476[/snapback]

Thanks Graham!

Just when I thought I could not get any more excited about the Zero. Man, that toy is insane.

Graham

384535[/snapback]

Hence there is really no need to wait for a second edition do you think?

I hope they give us removable "shutter" type air intakes in the open and the closed positions. That would be awesome!

I wonder if they are also going to give us the hexagonal missle pods too? They were only seen on the VF-0D, but adding a few of them in wouldn't hurt. Hmm...I think they won't as we didn't see them in the pictures.

Edited by kensei

Tks graham for the scans. The plastic seen here looks whiter than before, shown in the previous scans, which was more of a beige white ...than again it maybe due to the lighting.

Graham any info abt the base color used, issit same as that of the VF-1 or beige white in color? :unsure:

Suppose you would be doing a review on it unless kazaki beats you to it again :D:p

Edited by recon

Graham

384535[/snapback]

You're KILLING us Graham! Nevertheless the scans looks great and my wallet is ready to supply Yamato with fresh souls. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Graham

384535[/snapback]

Sounds nice. I'd be a little concerned with how the swing bar is mounted to the inside of the back plate though. It doesn't have that secondary swivel that the 1/48 has, so it would be easier to stress the plastic holding it in place. And as the legs necessarily carry a significant portion of the toy's mass, that seems to just be asking for problems.

I'm only going by what I've seen in pics though. No inside info here.

Anyhow, they should get to the CF pretty quickly this time around, as there aren't as many schemes to choose from and they'll want to stretch the mold as much as possible.

Don't let the 1/60 scale fool you, as the VF-0 toy is LARGER than the 1/48 VF-1 toy. I'd say that the VF-0 is priced perfectly...

In fighter mode the 1/60 VF-0S is slightly larger than the 1/48 VF-1. For those who still can't wrap the brains around this, it is simply beacuse the VF-0 is a big plane, where as the VF-1 is a much smaller plane.

Also, the 1/60 VF-0S is more complex than the either the 1/60 or 1/48 VF-1, having more parts, more features and better articulation, thus tooling and development costs were much higher.

Don't worry, you guys won't be disappointed with the VF-0S

Graham

Graham

384905[/snapback]

Any chance Yamato will go back to the old school hand printed box art and styrofoam inserts for this one?

I have a feeling we'll be disappointed with the box.

Graham

384905[/snapback]

Any chance Yamato will go back to the old school hand printed box art and styrofoam inserts for this one?

I have a feeling we'll be disappointed with the box.

384919[/snapback]

I like the clear plastic tray more simply b/c the inner box is blue/cloud like.

Although i still wish they could compact the boxes a bit.

Edited by Macross73

In fighter mode the 1/60 VF-0S is slightly larger than the 1/48 VF-1. For those who still can't wrap the brains around this, it is simply beacuse the VF-0 is a big plane, where as the VF-1 is a much smaller plane.

Also, the 1/60 VF-0S is more complex than the either the 1/60 or 1/48 VF-1, having more parts, more features and better articulation, thus tooling and development costs were much higher.

Graham

384905[/snapback]

Hi G :) Are you lucky enough to already have your VF-0S ? Just kidding :p Thanks for the pics. It's harder and harder for me to wait.

Man I want this bad, but having just bought a house everything is going into it right now to fix it up. Paint alone is expensive, since I have to paint two rooms, one is a dark green right now with lots of scratched up walls, and the other was HOT PINK with a PEPTO PINK ceiling. Luckily I have taken care of that with primer, now I just need to get started painting the walls. You have no idea how nausiating that room was.

Graham

384905[/snapback]

very very encouraging to buy at least 2..... hmmmmm

great pics..