Guilty Pleasure movies

My list of Guilty Pleasure movies run the gamute of type and scale.

Guyver: Dark Hero

Tron

Under Siege

Daredevil

Punisher (2004, mostly, but I don't mind the earlier one)

Defense Play

318496[/snapback]

You should put Robotech in your guilty pleasure list.

I can't believe no one has mentioned.. SHOWGIRLS!

One of my favourite movies of all time. So many great lines.

"I LOVE doggy chow!"

and the commentary on the new special edition is hilarious.

Wow, I've got so many. Top two have to be Armageddon and Star Trek 2: The Wrath Of Khan!!!!!

I can't even type Khan with out thinking of Shatner screaming his name.

318022[/snapback]

I work for an oil company and one of the gas station managers that I here from is named Khan. Im glad I have a mute button on my phone. :ph34r:

Harold and Kumar go to white castle

God I Feel ashamed even admitting this  :unsure:

318060[/snapback]

I just saw this movie the other night on cable and laughed my ass off because it was so stupid. The Neil Patrick Harris part was great. And since I've seen this movie, it has made me want to road trip to Jersey so I can actually eat at a White Castle, something I have not done since I was a kid. The closest one to me is just under 200 miles in New Brunswick.

318173[/snapback]

Are you talking about New Brunswick Canada? If you are which part of the province?

Flash Gordon 1980 - but this is actually a very good film...

Star Crash aka the Adventures of Stella Star: Italian Star Wars cheapo-rip-off from 1979 with David Hasselhoff in it! Brightly colored starfields with silver and gold spaceships on strings. Hot chicks (Caroline Munro) and BAD stop-motion. But also starring Christopher Plummer and music by John Barry (he later recycled the main theme into the Out of Africa-theme)to add a touch of quality. Yeah this is my all-time-favourite!!!

Many of you have already mentioned my picks but... *dons kelvar armor* there is one film that made my top pick but makes everyone else puke, and it so happenes to be ....

Street Fighter: The Movie

...I am SO going to hell for this. :ph34r:

318339[/snapback]

Not really you are not the only who think that was a bad movie and I mean Peehew that was a stinker of a movie and didn't make since, lot worst than Mortal Combat 2 Annilation. :(<_<:D

318473[/snapback]

Phew glad I'm not the only one likes Van Damme. As for MK:A, I think that movie stunk worse than Street Fighter. Cheesy acting, fake ass special effects, cheep costuming, and overly done techno music pretty much round out this cheese fest. Thankfully for me, MK:A also happens to be the kind of cheese I like. :)

• 4 months later...
Harold and Kumar go to white castle

318060[/snapback]

The closest one to me is just under 200 miles in New Brunswick.

318173[/snapback]

Are you talking about New Brunswick Canada? If you are which part of the province?

318878[/snapback]

Damn, someone dug up this thread...

No, I meant New Brunswick, New Jersey. I live in Maryland, halfway down the eastern coast of the United States.

As for the White Castle trip, my girlfriend and some other buddies took me to the Mutter Museum in Philly for my birthday, and on the way we took a detour (a big one at that!) to a White Castle. Seems they all wanted to go to the damned place because of the movie. I finally got them to watch it. We were supposed to go to the WC in New Brunswick, but had to get off at an exit to get gas just over the Jersey state line, and came across one which had just been built and was not even listed on their site. And you know what? I felt just like those two idiots did when I got there. It was friggin' great! Here's a pic:

whitecastle.jpg

Gotta be Roger Cormans Fantastic Four. Forget Jessica Alba (sorry gaijin :( ), Rebecca Stabb is Sue Storm/Richards. FF is pretty high in my guilty pleasure movie list

largerff1994_copy.gif

Edited by gerwalk25

Captain America (1991)--is there a new ver. due for '07?

They Live--"I have come here to kick ass, and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of bubble gum."

Stroker Ace--I love the outtakes at the end of those movies w/Reynolds, D. Deluise et. al. from the 80's

Message From Space--Cheesy SW rip-off, but Vic Morrow kicked arse!

pretty much any of the Doug McClure classics

Bedazzled.  I can watch that junk all day long.

357001[/snapback]

I actually second that! Ms. hurley is scrum-diddly-icious in that! Brendan Frasier.. who normally bugs me... is actually pretty damn funny. Best 4.99 bargain DVD evaaaah!!!!