Starwars EP. 4, 5 and 6

Toonz

If George Lucas is going to remake Starwars 4/5/6, who would you like to see in these new films? lets call it a wishlist....

as for me, i think ewan, hayden and ian can continue to be obiwan, vader and emperor.

as for the new actors,

keira knightley is my choice to be pricess leia

kk18dp.jpg

kk24jn.jpg

and antonio banderas can be a new jedi master wearing black cloak with a white lightsaber (i phtoshop him)

antoniobanderas2rb.jpg

what do the rest think? :D

lets keep this topic fun and light hearted...

Great way to get some very nice Ms. Knightly pictures posted. :D

Was getting all excited UNTIL I SCROLLED DOWN AND BANDERAS' HEAD APPEARED!!!! <_<

Same effect as a cold shower!!! :blink:

:lol::lol:

Knightly would make a great choice, BTW. She looks just like her mum.

BTW, has anyone ever seen her and Natalie Portman at the same time?

Hmmmmm.........

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Guest Bromgrev
If George Lucas is going to remake Starwars 4/5/6,

... then somebody is going to go over there and kick his ass! :angry:

Han Stifler! (I know the shading is bad, but I've been up all night)

:lol:

Actually, I think that the actors he chose for the characters in the original really became them. Sure, they probably could have done slightly better, but I can't really think of anyone else playing Leia, Han, and Luke.

post-26-1118318675_thumb.jpg

as for me, i think ewan, hayden and ian can continue to be obiwan, vader and emperor.

:blink:... thinking better the actor doesn´t matter, he will be using a mask and he won´t even need to speak. and i don´t think ep 4,5 and 6 need a remake.

For a creepy or weird Han Solo: Jonny Depp (Imagines weird hand movements and Han stumbling around like he's drunk and drugged out).

For a "hit me as hard as you can" Han Solo: Brad Pitt

I dunno. I can't really see anyone playing Han Solo except Harrison Ford.

:lol: You can go with one of Lucas' old ideas and make Han Solo black: Wesley Snipes.

As for Luke, get someone that resembles at least slightly Hayden Christensen or Nataly Portman/Kira Knightley.

i always thought that topher grace from that seventies show would be a good luke, skinny, whiney, bowl cut. and brad pitt as han, i will go with kiera knightly, and me as lando carisian, or maybe taye diggs, but i prefer me :lol:

Sorry but this is the stupidist thread in a long time, the original trilogy cast was perfect the way it is, don't touch it. Beside Kiera Knightley, sure she has a cute face but no body, Carrie Fisher was hot back in the day.

If I'm not mistaken I believe that Keira Knightley was already in a starwars movie. I heard that she played one of padme's hand maidens in episode one.

yup!

leave the original star wars movies alone I say... Empire Strikes Back is one of my favorite movies period.. i would just hate for Lucas to muck it up.

If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Err...they were never broken, and GL already "fixed" them; or have you forgotten, or blocked out, the Special Editions? ;)

However, I agree, the originals should never be redone, with new actors or otherwise...that would just be wrong.

Err...they were never broken, and GL already "fixed" them; or have you forgotten, or blocked out, the Special Editions? ;)

No, but he didn't exactly re-make it, just made it look flashier and tied it in with the new trilogy (Naboo and the actor who played Anakin at the end of epi 6).

The thing to realize about the original movies is that, as we know it now, the actors weren't the characters, the characters were the actors. You could find someone to play Han Solo, but that role was Harrison Ford, and a lot of it was ad-libbed by him, too. It'd be a totally different role with another actor.

Some guys over at originaltrilogy.com have reached the "bargaining stage" of dealing with the grief of the Special Editions. They're proposing that they would allow :rolleyes: Lucas to remake the OT as long as he also releases the untouched non-SE Original Trilogy on DVD.

H

Edited by Hurin

Some guys over at originaltrilogy.com have reached the "bargaining stage" of dealing with the grief of the Special Editions. They're proposing that they would allow :rolleyes: Lucas to remake the OT as long as he also releases the untouched non-SE Original Trilogy on DVD.

H

Its not limited to OT.com. I've seen that nonsense on at least one all-purpose movie news website, in an editorial by the admin no less. Some people just need to get the hell on with their lives. :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken I believe that Keira Knightley was already in a starwars movie. I heard that she played one of padme's hand maidens in episode one.

She did, and honestly, she should have been playing Padme.

Some guys over at originaltrilogy.com have reached the "bargaining stage" of dealing with the grief of the Special Editions.  They're proposing that they would allow  :rolleyes:  Lucas to remake the OT as long as he also releases the untouched non-SE  Original Trilogy on DVD.

H

Its not limited to OT.com. I've seen that nonsense on at least one all-purpose movie news website, in an editorial by the admin no less. Some people just need to get the hell on with their lives. :rolleyes:

Eh... I can kinda understand that, though.

I mean, I could really honestly care less about whatever "digital enhancement" GL wants to do to his movies - if he only wasn't determined to erase the original films in the process.

He could photoshop Tom Skerritt's onto Bea Arthur's body in the Holiday Special and I wouldn't care.

He could throw in gangsta subtitles under Chewbacca in ESB and I wouldn't care.

He could even have Obi Wan stop in the middle of ANH and deliver a 20 minute monologue about midichlorians and read from Dianetics and I wouldn't care.

But the dude should just put the original movies out there just so some of us could watch the old movies as they were in the theater without resorting to piracy or even worse... VCR! ;)

And really, BSU... you're talking Star Wars here. "Get the hell on with their lives" could apply to 99.9% of SW fans, not just guys who don't dig digital Yoda.

You guys do realize that it's a question of WHEN, not IF, the OT movies are remade.

Mind you, that doesn't mean I think that Lucas will re-do them to get the look and feel more like the PT. It's just that Hollywood is on a kick where it's "in" to remake old movies. The War of the Worlds, the Longest Yard, Ocean's 11, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Planet of the Apes, etc. If Hollywood can't adapt a book, comic book, TV show, or videogame, then they'll remake older or foreign movies. Star Wars is prime material for a remake.

Eh... I can kinda understand that, though.

Eh...from what I've seen, it's largely just a backdoor way of distancing themselves from the Prequel Trilogy, while still allowing themselves to be fans of the "original" OT. The attitude seems to be that if Lucas does go ahead and do this remake trilogy (which, by the way, is entirely a fan invention) then they can consider Episodes I-III to be the prequels to the new OT, while leaving the Holy OT untouched and unblemished by three films they don't like. :rolleyes:

And really, BSU... you're talking Star Wars here. "Get the hell on with their lives" could apply to 99.9% of SW fans, not just guys who don't dig digital Yoda.

True enough, which is a large part of my growing disapproval of fandom in general. Why only the Star Wars franchise seems to attract this level stupidity and drama is beyond me. Or is there a movement in the "Alien" fan community to allow Paul Anderson to remake Alien and Aliens in his own vision, so that it can dovetail with his own pre/sequels?

You guys do realize that it's a question of WHEN, not IF, the OT movies are remade.

Mind you, that doesn't mean I think that Lucas will re-do them to get the look and feel more like the PT. It's just that Hollywood is on a kick where it's "in" to remake old movies. The War of the Worlds, the Longest Yard, Ocean's 11, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Planet of the Apes, etc. If Hollywood can't adapt a book, comic book, TV show, or videogame, then they'll remake older or foreign movies. Star Wars is prime material for a remake.

Excepting the fact that the Star Wars saga is entirely controlled by Lucas, not 20th Century Fox. If he doesn't want to do a remake, it won't happen. When he dies, control of the property is supposed to be passed on to his kids. So unless Jett Lucas has a bit of "Christopher Tolkien" in him, we won't be seeing any remakes.

True enough, which is a large part of my growing disapproval of fandom in general. Why only the Star Wars franchise seems to attract this level stupidity and drama is beyond me.

:o

Just here on Macross World, we've easily had equal stupidity and drama regarding Macross. The only difference is that Star Wars is infinitely more widespread and popular. . . so the quantity of stupidity is higher for Star Wars. . . but I'm not sure there's a difference in quality.

Just here on Macross World, we've easily had equal stupidity and drama regarding Macross.

We're a smaller, more concentrated community of geeks. We're like the "Roundup" weed killer that you buy at a landscaping supply place, instead of the watered down crap you get at Wal Mart. :lol:

Some guys over at originaltrilogy.com have reached the "bargaining stage" of dealing with the grief of the Special Editions.  They're proposing that they would allow  :rolleyes:  Lucas to remake the OT as long as he also releases the untouched non-SE  Original Trilogy on DVD.

H

Its funny because they act like they have the power to bargain. :) Oh and is anybody besides a sprinkling of people going to stay on topic? We already know how you feel about SW... <_<

H

Its funny because they act like they have the power to bargain. :) Oh and is anybody besides a sprinkling of people going to stay on topic? We already know how you feel about SW... <_<

Oh alright then...

I wouldn't want the remakes to be better than the originals, so my picks are bad on purpose:

-Han Solo: Right Said Fred

-Luke Skywalker: Conan O'Brien

-Princess Leia: Scully

-Chewbacca: that dog from Beethoven

-Darth Vader: James Earl Jones (doing the voice and the acting)

-C-3PO: CG the dude

-R2-D2: that dog from Beethoven's 2nd

:p

why make a rehash? if GL really wants to cash in, he's better off making epi 7,8, and 9. he alreay butchered the OT with the SE edition.

actors if it were to happen....

han solo - bruce campbell, king of the one liners.

luke - mark hamill again....hes type casted anyway so he'd fit the bill prefectly

princess leia - the hot chick from the first page...YUM!

chewie - who gives a rat ass, anyone can say UUUUUGHHH!

obiwan - gary oldman, why not?

3po - again, it don't matter

R2 - bettle juice

lando - martin short just cause he so the opposite of billy dee.

Edited by haterist

-Luke Skywalker: Conan O'Brien

-Princess Leia: Scully

-Darth Vader: James Earl Jones (doing the voice and the acting)

I would sooooo watch.

-Al

Yes, it would be awesome.

Luke (Conan O'Brien) reaches down to gently lift Vader's helmet off of his face, only to reveal his black father (James Earl Jones). Luke is shocked and does his George W. Bush impression. Princess Leia (Scully) is seen chasing a chupacabra in the background.

Annnnd scene.

Luke Skywalker: Topher Grace

Han Solo: Russel Crowe

Obi-Wan: SHATNER! or Ewan McGregor (aged)

Leia: Jennifer Connelly

Vader: JEJ (voice)