Light Saber

Not really a lightsaber, or even Star Wars for that matter, but Hollywood Collectibles Group has released the first pictures of their M41A Pulse Rifle replica.

That, that is super cool. Wouldn't it be awesome if it recoiled and the bullet number ticked down at speed. :lol:

Master Replicas did the 1:1 scale props, the limited and elite editions.

eFx will be doing the 1:1 scale props.

All of the Force FX sabers from MR were slightly oversized, as to not compete with their limited edition line.

My Larbel was almost the same size as my Limited Edition, so those are the ones that people are looking to get conversions on for 1:1 scale FX props. Larbel, Parks, and a few others out their had decent sabers out.

My sabersmith said my Larbel should be done soon, so I'll post pics once I get it.

Not really a lightsaber, or even Star Wars for that matter, but Hollywood Collectibles Group has released the first pictures of their M41A Pulse Rifle replica.

Is it true...... is it really true :ph34r: !? Finally someone is making a complete replica M4A1...... YESSSSSS! Now I only have to start saving up a load of money to buy this beast! Wait, is it 1/1 scale?

Master Replicas did the 1:1 scale props, the limited and elite editions.

eFx will be doing the 1:1 scale props.

All of the Force FX sabers from MR were slightly oversized, as to not compete with their limited edition line.

My Larbel was almost the same size as my Limited Edition, so those are the ones that people are looking to get conversions on for 1:1 scale FX props. Larbel, Parks, and a few others out their had decent sabers out.

My sabersmith said my Larbel should be done soon, so I'll post pics once I get it.

Cool! So whats the difference between the limited and elite editions if you don't mind me asking Chowser?

Elite editions were actually held by really really really good lookalike cosplayers? :p

So eFx is bringing ones out? Sounds cool to me.

I wonder what will happen in the new set of movies, will Luke still have his green saber from ROTJ?

Never followed the comics/novels. so i have no idea.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've seen that gun on Parksabers before.

His is airsoft.

IIRC the counter on his works correctly. and is made form a TM Thompson.

EDIT: After going there again just now it seems both his replica guns (the m4a1 and the gun from Blade Runner) aren't there anymore.

However, he has a couple of new sabers up.

Edited by Chewie

That is not the Parksabers M41A. His was, IIRC, merely an built-up, overpriced G&P airsoft conversion. This is an all new replica, and a better looking one than the G&P.

I wasn't trying to say I've seen that exact gun on PS, just that type. The M4A1.

• 2 months later...

Got a question for your Light Saber collectors. Is the Master Replica SW-616 Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber Set any good? I just read they're selling pretty cheaply, around $40, at Radio Shack stores. Are these made of metal and heavy like the regular Master Replicas I see at Toys R Us selling for $110? Or are these more like the kiddy $25 plastic version?

post-1065-1212597516_thumb.jpg

Got a question for your Light Saber collectors. Is the Master Replica SW-616 Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber Set any good? I just read they're selling pretty cheaply, around $40, at Radio Shack stores. Are these made of metal and heavy like the regular Master Replicas I see at Toys R Us selling for $110? Or are these more like the kiddy $25 plastic version?

They're more like the kiddie plastic types. Same molding, but from the one I played with it seemed like it was all made out of plastic.

Speaking of lightsabers, me and my mates made them ourselves 15 years ago by adding stuff to a normal flashlight and using OHP plastics for the blade :p (kids and imaginations, go figure). We sure bust each other's saber one night at the park and even had a teacher confronting us in the morning about it. Teehee. Ahhhh... good times.

• 3 months later...

Ya know, I'll be honest with you, from the videos and pictures I've seen of this construction kit........it just seems to be a total let down. There were more parts to choose from in the Hasbro plastic toy version then this.....and why did they even make the blade shorter? What the hell gives? and they make it a plastic tube and not LED rowed like the traditional FX sabers?..........can you even take the blade off? If not, that just adds to the confusion.........

made it smaller and less parts so it would be cheaper? It had to be a tube because on the LED strip ones, those LEDs are actually colored but to make the construction kit one have variable colors, they coudln't well have people be changing out the light strip. They could have maybe gone with multiple LEDs on each strip, but that obviously would have increased the cost big time.

So IOW, they were being cheap. This was Master Replicas last FX product IIRC, which also likely had something to do with the much cheaper production, as well.

I passed on it, though. I might have been willing to get it for $40 but it was 75'ish IIRC the last time I saw a Radio Shack that had it.

I've probably said this before, but the last time I took my lightsaber out in public the police tried to arrest me.

Taksraven

what????

where do you live? (duh, forgot to check your profile, but I don't know laws in Australia)

what would they charge you with?

my kids and I go out all the time with our lightsabers.

I even do tameshigiri with my katana in the front yard.

(then again, the local cops know me)

Edited by Chowser

I believe there is a PUN intended here...

THANK YOU. I was starting to get worried about some people here not being able to understand a joke. And then he said that he and his kids take their lightsabers out in public all the time, oh man....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

not sure if this should go here or in the Force Unleashed thread, but I'll put it here for now:

machinedFX is making custom sabers of Galen Marek's lightsaber from the video game. This is the lightsaber Starkiller starts with.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?...fpart=1#3381013

No sound at purchase, but you can purchase a soundboard and install it.

these were the original prototype pics, he'll be updating soon.

saber6.jpg

saber1-1.jpg

saber5.jpg

His original price was $135 w/o blade or LED, $175 with 1W LED and blade.

Sound would run you more than that depending on what soundboard you get, and if you get someone to install it would add a little more (an MW member is a lightsaber guru that does installs).

I was originally going to just get it as a static prop, but since I have a spare soundcard, I'll have someone install it if it looks to be too hard for me (my soldering skills suck)

Very nice, but its asking for some weathering!

Oh yes, I was given a MR FX Episode III Mace Windu for my birthday. People buy me the strangest things sometimes! I love it, except its not purple...

Edited by Duke Togo

His original price was $135 w/o blade or LED, $175 with 1W LED and blade.

Sound would run you more than that depending on what soundboard you get, and if you get someone to install it would add a little more (an MW member is a lightsaber guru that does installs).

I was originally going to just get it as a static prop, but since I have a spare soundcard, I'll have someone install it if it looks to be too hard for me (my soldering skills suck)

That would be me. If you want a ultrasound 2.0 installed in LMK.

US 2.0 page

Very nice, but its asking for some weathering!

Oh yes, I was given a MR FX Episode III Mace Windu for my birthday. People buy me the strangest things sometimes! I love it, except its not purple...

More of a lavender definitely.

That would be me. If you want a ultrasound 2.0 installed in LMK.

US 2.0 page

Yeah, I didn't know if you wanted me to mention your name or not :)

Steve (machinedfx) says he will do a run that is weathered and you should be able to get whatever color LED that is available. I'll probably stick with red.