Light Saber

Is anyone here on the Saber Vault mailing list? I got an email promising all kinds of one-of-a-kind sold out items, to be available thru the store. Could it be somebody clearing out a collection?

409863[/snapback]

is the email from JD?

I hope nobody gets all mad at me... but I'm not a Star Wars fan... I guess it's okay sort of. As a kid I liked Return of the Jedi because I thought the Ewoks were cool. Now that I'm older I don't think the Ewoks are cool.

I don't own one star wars movie... or any star wars merchandise. I might buy a light saber for my kid someday to go with his toy sword collection. But that's about it.

is the email from JD?

409928[/snapback]

Yep.

Hello everyone!  There's quite a bit of stuff going on behind the sceens here,

and I just wanted to nail down everything before I made an email about it.  I

also wanted to give everyone on the mailing list first crack at the items before

I put them up on the website (if it makes to the website).

Ok, first off, I have one Maul TPM LE 'factory sealed'.  First person who emails

gets it.  $410 shipped in the U.S.  Outside the U.S. shipping will be just a

touch more.

Also, in stock is one Qui-Gon LE 'factory sealed'.  $369 shipped in the U.S.

Again, outside the U.S. shipping will be just a touch more due to the shipping.

Also, I have one in stock, but I think I can get a couple more, is the TPM

Obi-Wan elite 'factory sealed'.  $590 shipped in the U.S., and a touch more out

side the U.S. for the additional shipping cost.

On these items I'm going to wait until next week to put them up on the website

to give everyone a change to get them.

I should have some more 'out of stock' items in stock over the next couple

weeks.  I'll do another mailing before I put them up on the website.

Also, have a sale on the ATAT, Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster, and Snowspeeder up

on the site.  I also just lowered the Battle Damaged FX Maul lightsaber.  And

speaking of Maul, the mini full maul lightsaber is in stock and up in the mini

section.

Got Trek?  The new studio scale U.S.S. Enterprise from MR is up on the website,

however what is NOT up on the website is the special 'Commemorative Edition'

which has been signed by all the living actors from the original series.  They

only did 250 of these.  Dealers were alloted 2.  And I have one left.  So email

if you'd like the last one :)  These are scheduled to ship this coming winter.

One last thing for this email, Y-wings are to be coming in the next month or so.

If you are wanting one, I've got a super deal on this one.  Email me for

details.

well, he is a MR dealer, so I guess maybe he knows someone at the warehouse.

I know MR found some more TPM Obi-Wan's after the sale, but I still couldn't buy a second one from them because I already bought one during the original sale.

$590 ain't bad for another one, seeing as they went for $525.

hmm.............

that is my favorite saber...

Yeah the email went out, I got one (email) even though I'm not a member of the CS. According to one of the MR people on rebelscum it's going to have a working trigger and hammer. I don't care for blasters, so I'm not getting one. :p

I hope nobody gets all mad at me... but I'm not a Star Wars fan... I guess it's okay sort of. As a kid I liked Return of the Jedi because I thought the Ewoks were cool. Now that I'm older I don't think the Ewoks are cool.

I don't own one star wars movie... or any star wars merchandise. I might buy a light saber for my kid someday to go with his toy sword collection. But that's about it.

409930[/snapback]

I just bought this for my nephew.

it hasnt arrived yet but i hope he likes it.

He picked it out (just the right size)

Star Wars Custom Luxeon LED lightsaber for younglings

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...ghtsaber+luxeon

I just bought this for my nephew.

it hasnt arrived yet but i hope he likes it.

He picked it out (just the right size)

Star Wars Custom Luxeon LED lightsaber for younglings

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...ghtsaber+luxeon

411369[/snapback]

I bought one of the earlier models for my daugther, when they were $45. it's an ok thing to start with, no sound, and my blade was not removable. just keep an eye on it, sometimes the tip will come off with HEAVY dueling and will need to be reglued.

the rest of his stuff, the MR FX conversions, I have also, and I love them.

so Chowser, is are these guys conversions legit? As in are they stronger and more durable than the normal FX sabers? Also, do they still light up the way lightsabers are supposed to? I'm very interested in them, just wanted to know your opinions and anyone else for that matter.

the green and blue light up real fast, with the red, you get a small fade in/out.

you don't get the on/off effect that comes on the original,

but, after fighting with these, you don't have burned out LEDs either.

my son and I have battled hard with these and they still work fine,

the newer releases have better looking blades, it's more uniform throughout, NOT uniform though, look at the pics i've posted of my Maul, that's one of his more recent conversions.

with the red, you can kinda see the fade on/off.

i also asked for mirrors to be put in the tips of the blades.

here's a quick video i made of the maul showing how it lights up and fades out

i actually prefer the instant on/off anyways, more like the OT.

with the Mauls, i actually use the allen screw that comes on it to secure the blades since there isn't much blade in the hilt to keep it in, but on my Anakin conversions, I don't even bother with the screw because about 4-5" of the blade goes into the hilt and it stays in there pretty tight.

on the last page, i posted pics of a stock MR Vader next to a converted Maul.

Somewhere in this thread are pics of the original Anakins I had converted to red and blue, but the blades didn't have mirror tips back then, now, i've changed the red Anakin over to green and then i shortened one blade and put mirrors in the tips of both, they look much better.

if you order from Ultra, you can just ask him to put a mirror in the blade.

i'm debating ordering a Mace conversion from him, they just don't make a purple luxeon led yet, so i am searching around to see how the purple filter works on a white luxeon.

you can build them yourself too if you're confident enough in your skills, parts can be bought from the custom saber shop.

you will have to solder.

when i replaced the red luxeon led with the green one, i hadn't soldered in over 15 years, but it came back quick :rolleyes:

Thanks Chowser for the response. You know what, I Youtubed luxeon and got your video. I noticed the Robotech boxes in the background and I half-guessed that if might be a MWer's video. I think I'm gonna pick up the youngling saber and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

lol Port I bet your wife REALLY wants to kick your butt around for buying all that stuff :p

I know my girlfriend at one point wanted me to hide all that stuff from her when she came over, that was impossible....so I told her not to come over then.

Oooh, neat. The MR booth at Comic Con will have Darth Maul FX Signature Edition lightsabers. Yeah, the FX Darth Maul lightsaber with a special plaque signed by Ray Park. I think it's limited to 500 pieces.

There's also supposed to be some that will be made available to CS members on July 11th.

Oooh, neat.  The MR booth at Comic Con will have Darth Maul FX Signature Edition lightsabers.  Yeah, the FX Darth Maul lightsaber with a special plaque signed by Ray Park.  I think it's limited to 500 pieces.

There's also supposed to be some that will be made available to CS members on July 11th.

414428[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw that. I already have a Darth Maul FX that's been converted to Luxeons.

I don't think I'll pick up this one. Got a CS membership and have not bought a thing yet.

lol Port I bet your wife REALLY wants to kick your butt around for buying all that stuff :p

I know my girlfriend at one point wanted me to hide all that stuff from her when she came over, that was impossible....so I told her not to come over then.

414335[/snapback]

Dude, That so funny :lol: . Naah... my wife thinks it's the coolest thing I have out all my toys n models. We have are own money to burn.

that kind of neat looks like he took a MR FX and changed it. allthough he could have used a LED to light it up.

I'm building my first saber. I'm using a maglite as the handle/hilt and after modifying that i'll add a 3 watt luxeon plus some aluminum and plastic parts. I may add sound although I'm not about any possible complications that may pop up. I may post pics as things move past the design stage.

edit: sp

Edited by Macross73

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, I just got an Anakin ROTS gold mini and Mace Windu AOTC gold mini from MR, from winning in some trivia games. Totally awesome!

I've also got a Han Solo Convention Exclusive blaster mini on the way, with the chance of a gold (although I hope to just get the normal chrome one).

• 1 month later...

-EPIV ANH Vader is an older model, takes 6AA batteries, and the handle is slightly oversized compared to the original.

-The Darth Vader EPV ESB is closer in scale to the original lightsaber prop handle, it holds 3AA batteries, and has an improved sound system. Overall it's better than the EPIV version.

-The Darth Maul single lightsaber (the cut in half version), takes 3AAA batteries, has an improved sound system I think, has brighter lights, and size-wise is pretty much spot-on the same size as the original prop. And should cost less than the double-blade package. I've been hearing that if you want a real good representation of a Sith lightsaber in FX form, the Darth Maul is the way to go, otherwise go for the EPV Vader. :)

cool, where is the best place to get them for cheap? ebay? or another website? and about how much does 1 darth maul saber cost? and can I buy another 1 later and put them together? is each blade different or I can buy any 2 dm saber and put them together?

I got my Anakin ROTS FX last year from The Saber Vault. You'd have to check the FX lightsaber status page to see what he's got in stock and what's on backorder, but JD is an awesome guy with superb customer service. :D Plus it's $100 with free shipping in the US.

Otherwise depending on where you are you could try checking your local Borders or Best Buy. Unless you know someone really dependable on Ebay, I'd avoid ebay just for the hassles that could occur. If you get it from JD or a chain like Best Buy, you should be able to get a replacement or repair if it comes out of the box with problems. If you go ebay, you're usually up the creek.

A single Darth Maul lightsaber FX should cost as much as any of the normal FX lightsabers, if you go by JD at the Saber Vault, that's $100. If you go at like Best Buy or wherever, I think it's like $120. If you buy a single Darth Maul lightsaber, you can buy a second one at a later time and combine them together to make his double-bladed lightsaber, since each single Darth Maul FX comes with an alternate pommel that will allow you to connect two Darth Maul handles. :)

Just been catching up on this, managed to find the Hyperdyne site through another site, and was blown clean away. Has anyone here bought one of those blades? I've wanted a fancy saber for a while, just haven't gotten one, and I figure when I do get one, it better be darn good. :) I keep thinking of how simple that bluetooth module might make fan videos.. the blade is bright enough to almost not need any editing, and if the sounds are auto-generated, you could just record them as an audio track, and put them right into a video.

Now if they could just figure out how to make a retractable blade.... hmm....

I got my Anakin ROTS FX last year from The Saber Vault. You'd have to check the FX lightsaber status page to see what he's got in stock and what's on backorder, but JD is an awesome guy with superb customer service. :D Plus it's $100 with free shipping in the US.

Otherwise depending on where you are you could try checking your local Borders or Best Buy. Unless you know someone really dependable on Ebay, I'd avoid ebay just for the hassles that could occur. If you get it from JD or a chain like Best Buy, you should be able to get a replacement or repair if it comes out of the box with problems. If you go ebay, you're usually up the creek.

A single Darth Maul lightsaber FX should cost as much as any of the normal FX lightsabers, if you go by JD at the Saber Vault, that's $100. If you go at like Best Buy or wherever, I think it's like $120. If you buy a single Darth Maul lightsaber, you can buy a second one at a later time and combine them together to make his double-bladed lightsaber, since each single Darth Maul FX comes with an alternate pommel that will allow you to connect two Darth Maul handles. :)

thanks for the reply, i'll look into the darth maul ones then.

and out of all the blades made, good guys and bad guys, which would you say is the best and brightests?