Light Saber

No problem. :)

I don't know which is the brightest looking from seeing in person. Naturally the blue blades will look brighter than the red ones. So probably the new Obi-wan ROTS lightsaber will look brightest, along with the Anakin ROTS FX. For red lightsaber blades, the Darth Maul is supposed to be the brightest.

I'm getting angry, because more and more LEDs on my Anakin ROTS fx saber keep dying. Do I have any way of getting a replacement? I mean, the thing hasn't been abused at all! It sits on the stand on top of my bookcase and that is pretty much it.

You can try contacting Master Replicas customer service and explain the problem. They might repair it for you or replace it (or in worst case they'll do nothing).

I dunno why it would have those LEDs die like that. Usually it happens from people whacking stuff too often, while having the lightsaber on too long. If you have it on the original stand, you'll probably want to rotate the lightsaber every so often so the blade doesnt sag due to the pull of gravity.

I'm thinking of buying te Obi-Wan now, and wait until the end of the month or early november to get the darth maul double one.

SHould I buy this? looks like a good price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

And since Seller is in florida, even with the cheapest shipping method it says I get it next day, since I also live in florida, which would be really cool.

Edited by Ladic

You can try contacting Master Replicas customer service and explain the problem. They might repair it for you or replace it (or in worst case they'll do nothing).

I dunno why it would have those LEDs die like that. Usually it happens from people whacking stuff too often, while having the lightsaber on too long. If you have it on the original stand, you'll probably want to rotate the lightsaber every so often so the blade doesnt sag due to the pull of gravity.

The thing is, the LEDs started crapping out as soon as I got the thing. >:|

Personally Ladic I wouldn't go the e-bay route, but I'm paranoid. :p If you think it's a good deal and you won't be burned, go for it. :)

meh_cd, definitely contact MR customer service, the LED connections might be faulty or the LEDs themselves might be messed up. It shouldn't be crapping out on you straight out of the box, that's a QC problem. :o

Yeah honestly the moment you saw LED lights start dying off buddy you should of sent a notice to Master Replica going "Hey! My stuffs crappin out watcha gonna do?!" Cause those lights should last for thousands of hours.

if you've got a Borders nearby, definately check them out,

I was just at one last week, they had Maul, $99, buy one get one free.

If I didn't already spend all my $$ on valks, I would've picked an extra set up.

So far, the only stock MR FX I have is my Obi-Wan ROTS, everything else has been converted.

I just got my ESB Vader changed into something close to Anakin's AOTC, but with an orange blade, this one was done by Ultrasabers.

Yeah honestly the moment you saw LED lights start dying off buddy you should of sent a notice to Master Replica going "Hey! My stuffs crappin out watcha gonna do?!" Cause those lights should last for thousands of hours.

I'd never had one before, and LEDs were dead right out of the box. I wasn't really sure if that was normal or not...

if you've got a Borders nearby, definately check them out,

I was just at one last week, they had Maul, $99, buy one get one free.

If I didn't already spend all my $$ on valks, I would've picked an extra set up.

So far, the only stock MR FX I have is my Obi-Wan ROTS, everything else has been converted.

I just got my ESB Vader changed into something close to Anakin's AOTC, but with an orange blade, this one was done by Ultrasabers.

I went to my local borders, and they told me they had that offer when the darth maul sabers first came out, but not anymore. :(

I would find a buy one get one free single Maul hard to resist. But barring that, I'm satisfied with the Mace, Luke RotJ, and Anakin Ep 3 I have.

It's not really Light Saber related, but my Anakin Costume came in, man I really don't have the body for a jedi, but I got lots of time to loose a lil weight before Halloween if I'm careful.

The guy who makes these "Replica's" is all the way out in Singapore, for costumebay.com

The price was a bit much but if you really wanna look like a Starwars nuts then money really isn't any object....the big bang of the price came from the boots, those were really damn spendy but nice!

However I do think the overal costume could of been better developed instead of using Buttons and loops to put things together, they could of used buckles or velcro to get a better fit. Not too mention the belt itself over the sash really doesn't fit at all once you get all that crap on...so I'm gonna have to punch a few holes to get it to fit better into place.

Not too mention since I got time I'm going to make a few secure alterations so the costume doesn't fall apart from bending around.

However I'm still getting use to putting the outfit on so this picture isn't perfect since it doesn't have the belt.

The outfit uses an undershirt which buttons at an angle from the chest down to the right arm. Then covered up by a tubard which could really use a button to help secure into place since you'll have to mess with the sash/belt which will undo the tubard. What I did for cheap tricks was take my dress belt and put it over to secure it.

Now the two black sashes over the shoulders are fake leather with padding inside with a loop to be securely inplace over the tubard. Then the sash over the stomach, then the belt.

Pants of course, and then the boots which I find sooooooo cool, the boots zip from the front and covered up by the "shield" and then straps which velcro over.......they fit very comfortably.

Once I make the alterations lil by lil next week, and loose a lil weight (good 5-10 pounds) I'll really be styling.

The only thing I haven't tried was the traditional Jedi Robe...but I will soon. yeeessss.

post-600-1159855017_thumb.jpg

That would be Anakin's ROTS FX saber...got it a year ago on my b-day, and yes that was taken in normal lighting conditions....no flash what so ever. If you I used the flash you wouldn't see the light at all, wlel it'd look REAL pale.

I'm gonna make a few more alterations to the costume...the sleeves are way to long as you see in the final picture....so I think I'm going to cut atleast 3-4 inches off both sleeves.

Cool outfit! I have an Obi-Wan I need to shrink alittle, I got it a bit large, so now I have to figure out how to shrink it. The robe is also way too big, but I'm afraid to try and shrink it since it's all wool.

i'll post pics come halloween.

To bad you and I don't live closer Chowser, I know kids would just be livin it up seeing an Obi-wan and Anakin costumed starwars geeks duking it out :p

I remember last year I had a cheapo Jedi costume and kids wer ejust in awe, mostly due to the Anakin saber....this year though I hope to see alot more.

Nice FX lightsaber. :)

Ah, I didn't know you were a member there meh_cd. Which section of Rebelscum do you hang out in? I mainly watch the MR prop section.

thanks

so, what is the best way to clean the blade when it gets dirty? a moist piece of cloth?

Yeah pretty much, I just wet one half of a piece of cloth then use the dry side to clean it up, you don't wanna get those suckers wet that's for damn sure.

I can vouch for that. On top of my LED problems, my hilt is rusting. I used water to get the adhesive from the sticker off of there. Whoops.

I gotta pack that up and send it to MR so I can get my replacement.