Light Saber

does anybody have decent solution for displaying their

sabers? The stand that MR FX come with are ok, but i

wanted to display about 8 sabers at the same time.

And having them lay horizontaly doesnt work for me.

I'd prefer to have them vertical, more like Pool sticks.

I've seen individual stands that are vertical but not for

multiple sabers.

Maybe u can have one of those Racks

Btw I just received a sealed brand new Lightsaber today. However, it doesn't has any "clashing" sound, I wonder am I the only one that has this problem? Or was it simply that I didn't hit it hard enough though I believed I hitted hard enough. My motion sensor seems to be very insensitive too, not to mention my on/off button is kinda faulty... I appreciate for any replys, thank you.

Btw I just received a sealed brand new Lightsaber today. However, it doesn't has any "clashing" sound, I wonder am I the only one that has this problem? Or was it simply that I didn't hit it hard enough though I believed I hitted hard enough. My motion sensor seems to be very insensitive too, not to mention my on/off button is kinda faulty... I appreciate for any replys, thank you.

Its insensitive?!?! Does it spout obsenities at you and curses at your mother? Damn insensitive lightsabers. And here I was thinking that they were a weapon for a more civilized age. :lol:

Hit it hard against something soft, like your bed. That's how I test mine. That way there is little or no chance of it breaking.

If it continues to have trouble, contact Master Replicas. Their customer service is fantastic and they will get you a new one free of charge. (you just have to send the old one in, they provide the shipping label) At least that is how it works if you live in the US. Singapore may be different.

Good luck.

Hit it hard against something soft, like your bed. That's how I test mine. That way there is little or no chance of it breaking.

If it continues to have trouble, contact Master Replicas. Their customer service is fantastic and they will get you a new one free of charge. (you just have to send the old one in, they provide the shipping label) At least that is how it works if you live in the US. Singapore may be different.

Good luck.

Thanks, it's just my luck :( Never mind, at least I won't hit the blade(just to hear the clashing sound)

btw, nice pool rack above!

Hey Macross73, found a pic of the guy with the pool rack

I'll post a picture of mine when I get home. I bought a pool cue rack off Ebay. It only holds six at most.

The rack is in 2 peices. The bottom part is indented and fits the end of a lightsaber very well. the top piece must have a diameter of more than 1&1/4 inches to have clearance for the blade.

lightsabers, from left to right: Vader, My custom, Anakin, Luke ROTJ. They are all Luxeon by Ultrasabers

On the left you can see my only remaining Katana. It's a double edge by cold steel

Picture time:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Roy's Blues

Hi guys, I have a noob question; is the Dark Vader FX Lightsaber seems to be much dimmer than the Anakin LS? I have checked through some photos and videos but it seems to be inaccurate by comparing them in photos or videos. So can someone who own both of them tell me how bright the Dark Vader LS is? e.g 70%-80% of the Anakin LS brightness? I appreciate any help. THanks ^_^

Saw one of these real cheap at on auction site.

Question how sturdy are these things? About ten years ago we just used to go at with cheap plastic swords. No blows were pulled. Not saying I intend to beat the blade up but a little agressive sparing with glowing saber sounds like a good work out.

Hi guys, I have a noob question; is the Dark Vader FX Lightsaber seems to be much dimmer than the Anakin LS? I have checked through some photos and videos but it seems to be inaccurate by comparing them in photos or videos. So can someone who own both of them tell me how bright the Dark Vader LS is? e.g 70%-80% of the Anakin LS brightness? I appreciate any help. THanks ^_^

Red seems to be less bright than the other colors. Its not that it has less power its just that our eyes

perceive it as less bright. How true that is I'm not entirely sure this what was told to me. I own a Red MR FX

Darth Vader Lightsaber and a Red 3 watt conversion. The other colors Royal Blue, Green, Cyan are to me

brighter than Red.

Saw one of these real cheap at on auction site.

Question how sturdy are these things? About ten years ago we just used to go at with cheap plastic swords. No blows were pulled. Not saying I intend to beat the blade up but a little agressive sparing with glowing saber sounds like a good work out.

I dont duel or beat up on my MRFX saber I've heard too many times that the chain of LEDs that run up the

length of the bade blink-out and so there are "dead" spots thru the blade. For dueling blades go to

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ you can make your own using the Modular Hilt System I've

made seven blades so far. The polycarbonate blade doesnt contain any electronics its all in the Hilt.

EDIT:

they've changed the web site alot. before you could choose and click parts and see how they would appear

together its not lilke that now. There dont seem to be any sound boards for sale right now. There are K2

LEDs which are brighter than the 3 watt LED looks like they're just as easy to install / solder only. I dont

know which resistor is needed, maybe its just the standard 2.2 ohm resistor (will have to read further).

I forgot to mention that if you add the black pastic strips to the Hilt then expect them to move. they dont

stay put since they are attached with minimal glue very much like a Sticky Note/Pad

Edited by Macross73

comparison pics

EDIT : the MR FX does offer an even color the full length of the blade and

of course it has sound built in the others do not. A sound card must be wired inside the hilt.

post-3216-1165850283_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165850299_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165850323_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165850341_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165850361_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165850427_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165850464_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

This news does suck. I was hoping they would do an Obi Wan TPM/AOTC CE line.

I've been trying to sell my Obi-Wan TPM Elite Edition to fund other stuff, but no one seems to want to buy that either.

----

In 2006, Master Replicas launched a new category of MR product, called Collectors Edition prop replicas. The idea behind Collectors Editions was to create a new version of a prop that corresponded with an already-released Limited Edition prop replica. However, unlike the LEs, the CEs would have an open ended edition size, and would be made from more “standard†materials than the high-end Limited Editions. This strategic move was made in an effort to (a) provide a more affordable product for those consumers who had no interest in LEs, and (b) to ensure that some version of these props was available to future collectors, for years to come.

While Master Replicas maintains that the CE strategy works conceptually, we have evaluated the data accumulated throughout the year, and decided to discontinue the CE line in 2007. Despite our best efforts to highlight the various differences in CEs and LEs, consumers – as a whole – did not warm up to the concept. From a results standpoint, the CE program did not meet our expectations. More importantly, in light of recent events (including, but not limited to, our impending merger with Corgi) it has become clear that the CE strategy is not in line with who Master Replicas is, and who we will be following the completion of the merger.

This means several things:

(1.) The Qui Gon Jinn Collectors Edition Lightsaber will be the only CE released; that, in and of itself, will most likely increase the value of this collectible.

(2.) Master Replicas will be unveiling new product types and categories in 2007 – product categories that work in conjunction or complement our already popular LE prop replicas. Stay tuned for exciting new announcements from Master Replicas in the upcoming weeks and months!

If you have any questions, or are in need of additional information, please contact customer service at CustomerService@MasterReplicas.com.

The other half of the camp on rebelscum are celebrating it as being the LE "investors" who felt their collections would be devalued. <_<

I really wanted a more affordable, good looking, officially licensed lightsaber prop. :( I know I could buy replica parts to put together an Obi-wan ANH lightsaber, or Luke ANH/ESB, and Vader ANH/ESB. But I want something officially licensed I don't have to assemble. Plus I wanted an Obi-wan TPM/AOTC lightsaber CE, and a Dooku ROTS CE.

There's a lot of speculation going on, like maybe Corgi will be releasing something like the CE line, or maybe a replacement line will come into place that will be Collector Editions under a new name. But only time will tell.

I'm hoping for a replacement line for the CE, or for higher quality FX lightsabers with removeable blades and better looking hilts (although that would make a good Dooku ROTS lightsaber not very likely...).

Argh... :(

I had passed on getting one of the last Obi Wan ROTS sabers in the hopes that the CE ANH edition (featured in those leaked solicitation flyers) would become a reality. So much for that hope. I supppose I could piece one together like Sumdumgai mentioned ( I know Romans has all the requisite parts) but I'm 100% positive it would sit in parts for a number of years before I bothered to get around to assembling it.

my guess is, instead of making a line that is a step down from Le, they will make a line that is a step up from the force fx...essentially giving you the same as the CEs. So force fx with removeable blades and perfect proportions.

Perhaps, but will they still have LEDs in the blades? If so, I will pass. Unless it's the Emperor's lightsaber

can't find any comparison pics between Anakin sabers, but

here's someone's Obi Wan Ultra next to stock MR Obi Wan

IPB Image

the Luxeon is to the left.

Stock is on the right.

I don't have any stock sabers left, all mine have been converted.

I just sent my Obi-Wan ROTS off to be converted.

I've got an Anakin saber apart right now that I am changing over.

Hmm, from that picture they really don't look *that* different. The light from the Luxeon is probably overpowering the MR. I want to see how they compare in terms of brightness. Like, say, a picture of one in a dark room, and then a picture of the other in the same spot.

I'm tempted to send mine in and get it converted... hmm.

The only people I get to duel with are my niece and nephew :p . I have had all of mine converted, mostly because I think they look 10 times better.

Also, there's always that one friend who has to pick one up, turn it on and bash the nearest solid object as hard as possible.

When my vader ESB arrived(first one) I took very good care of it. Had some people over. Yoshinol was consumed. Lightsaber was brought out.

5 or 6 people took turns smacking it against stuff.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of LED suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

The other half of the camp on rebelscum are celebrating it as being the LE "investors" who felt their collections would be devalued. <_<

Against my better judgement, I took a look at the Rebel Scum forum. Wow...I had forgotten how tenuous a grasp on reality some of those people have. Not only was the CE line going to cause their precious LEs to lose value, some actually felt MR owed them a refund now that a less expensive version was (going to be) on the market. Another popular notion was that people who wouldn't or couldn't spend the money on a LE somehow didn't deserve a cheaper version. Collecting is something you have to work for, dontcha know?

I had forgotten how hardcore SW collectors made me feel so....stabby. :ph34r: